• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

Yeah, some of the descents have seriously pissed me off and quick. Can't imagine how awful the original vision for this game would have been. Can't wait to finish World Tour and get those out of the way.

JambiBum

I really enjoy the game on courses without death holes or easily avoidable ones. I'm thinking of compiling a list of what all those courses are and only play them. It will be much better for my blood pressure and the life of my controller's.

Nothing in any video game has ever infuriated me more than these damn death holes.

I don't really have a problem with the death holes nearly as much as others. I have a problem with drops that consist of nothing but tunnels with low ceilings. Especially for trick it events. I can avoid death holes pretty easily, low ceilings on the other hand are a nightmare for me.

dreamfall

Does anyone else seem completely overwhelmed by this game but still absolutely loves it? Is it possible to have an extremely Casual GAF list? I'm pretty terrible, but it would feel totally daunting to go against all these insane scores... :/

Tokubetsu

Does anyone else seem completely overwhelmed by this game but still absolutely loves it? Is it possible to have an extremely Casual GAF list? I'm pretty terrible, but it would feel totally daunting to go against all these insane scores... :/

I'm casual and I like your Criminal avatar. Add me =)

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I really enjoy the game on courses without death holes or easily avoidable ones. I'm thinking of compiling a list of what all those courses are and only play them. It will be much better for my blood pressure and the life of my controller's.

Nothing in any video game has ever infuriated me more than these damn death holes.

Someone on Merqury City posted this list. Don't think it's complete though.

Alaska – Foraker: Lock Jaw
Alps – Vorassay: Beyond the Fall
Alps – Vorassay: The Hammer
Himalayas – Makalu: Serenity
New Zealand – Mount Wakefield: Bulldog
New Zealand – Mount Wakefield: Mornin’ Tiger
Rockies – Whitehorn Mountain: Curnoe’s Moustache
Rockies – Whitehorn Mountain: JT2
Siberia – Boris: The Big Show

Hazards but nothing overly terrible

Alaska – Silverthrone: Pan (starts off with ledge hazards for about the first 15-20 seconds but then it opens up with no more hazards)
Alaska – Silverthrone: Unsanctioned (same as Pan)
Alaska – Foraker: The Dilemma (avalanches can start but they're very light and you can outrun them or take the high line while tricking)
Antarctica – Mount Craddock: Root Down (there is a cold survival element here but it's not that serious. There's generally plenty of sunlight.)
Himalayas – Chomo Lonzo: Bear Claw (this one says it needs a wingsuit but it really doesn't. It's just a very vertical run. Really fun.)
Patagonia – Cerro Pollone: Blackbox (needs wingsuit but only in a few spots. Generally pretty open. May take you 1 or 2 tries to fine a good line)
Patagonia – Cerro Pollone: Salient (see Blackbox)
Siberia – Kara-Oiuk: Don’t Make Me (says it requires ice axes but you could prolly get away without them. Nice trick run scattered with trees.)
Siberia – Boris: Vapor Trail (very very few pits near second half of track before nuclear stations open up. Easily avoidable)

Fantastical

Death Prophet

That's kind of how I feel. I'm a huge fan of this series, but I've never been particularly good, just okay or above average.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

What do you consider an insane score?

ok can someone teach me how to rack up tens of thousands of points in trek it events>, I can barely do like 3,000 points

Keep doing tricks, keep moving downhill, don't do the same grab over and over, don't try to do a bunch of little grabs in one jump(just hold it), use your boost to get air, don't forget about your 'special' grab(L2+R2+any grab when in orange tricky), charge your spins & flips.

EDIT: Oh and never bail.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
My thumb hurts from playing trick it so much. I don't know why but I hold down REALLY hard on the buttons.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I told myself I was done with World Tour, but now I find myself going back and trying to earn all the badges. They're all pretty simple and repetitive aside from the gold one for not rewinding on any DD — New Zealand might make that one almost impossible for me.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
CERRO TORRE CAN SUCK MY EPIC, THROBBING MEMBER

ESPECIALLY THAT "LAST CALL" FUCKING PIECE OF GARBAGE

FUCK

FUCKING FUCK

Took me goddamn 2 hours to get a fucking bronze medal.

Jesus Batshitting Christ.

Hale-XF11

Oh man, racing down Long Horn (in Antarctica on Mt. Craddock) is AMAZING! Wow, what a crazy awesome run. I was following behind Striker most of the way cuz the darkness was freaking me out, but I really love the layout of the whole track.

Add me if you haven't already! PSN: Halelujah

dreamfall

What do you consider an insane score?

Well, I'm not sure yet. Going by brackets, I'm struggling to get Silvers on Trick It events. Races/deadly descents, yeeeeesh. So many attempts, so many restarts, but it feels good...

I was half joking haha, but it's okay. I suck at races. You will probably dominate me on those.

YIPES! Well, in that case... defriend if you're offended by terrible scores. I really thought you were serious! Casuals not united at last!

ouchx100

I'm enjoying this game too. Although I would have thought that I could have gotten golds in a few of the first events in first decent or whatever the first runs are. I only mam=naged one gold in a race :(

BoSox06DH

I'm loving this game so far, although I'm finding myself only playing it in short burst. I gotta get some SSX bros so I can be motivated to play way more than I am right now.

ouchx100

My new favorite part of this game is falling in a death pit then rewinding only so I have no control over my character for like 2 seconds so I do the exact same thing and fall into the death pit again

So glad my best event is a 3 day 1,000,000 entry event. "Last to Hit" in Wakefield New Zealand racing. Woke up today and got 8 million credit for coming in first on just that one event. Event reset with same rules and I put in an even faster time and I'm already projected to win 9 million!

Any who, survival events are also loads of fun but I suck at them.

Grisby

This game is not for newcomers geez. I'm still rick-shotting all over the mountain and the AI dudes are scoring 500,000 in the first couple seconds in trick modes.

Crazy.

My new favorite part of this game is falling in a death pit then rewinding only so I have no control over my character for like 2 seconds so I do the exact same thing and fall into the death pit again

Oh yeah that's always fun.

Wish me luck guys, I'm on Death Zone now. I'd really like to beat it tonight and put the whole world tour behind me.

So glad my best event is a 3 day 1,000,000 entry event. "Last to Hit" in Wakefield New Zealand racing. Woke up today and got 8 million credit for coming in first on just that one event. Event reset with same rules and I put in an even faster time and I'm already projected to win 9 million!

Any who, survival events are also loads of fun but I suck at them.

I think i jumped into that one last night by accident and I wasted 1 mill credits I realized i could jump back in as long as the event didnt end... so now my i mill investment will turn into profits with that LVL10 i used. :D

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Oh yeah that's always fun.

Wish me luck guys, I'm on Death Zone now. I'd really like to beat it tonight and put the whole world tour behind me.
Good luck, but I think you'll find that it's really not that bad, especially compared to New Zealand or maybe Africa. The only part that gave me any trouble was the dark area, and it's short enough that you can get a good feel for it.

Good luck, but I think you'll find that it's really not that bad, especially compared to New Zealand or maybe Africa. The only part that gave me any trouble was the dark area, and it's short enough that you can get a good feel for it.

I'm on try 5 or so now, Im having a real tough time.

Wish I was good at tricks though. There's a 2 million entry fee trick it event in Antartica. Whoever gets Diamond in that is going to be set for a long while.

The cave is actually quite simple, just slow down right before the entrance than hug the far right wall the entire way through and you'll see it's solid ground throughout. I stopped using a headlight as my secondary gear in favor of armor because of it.

Part that gives me the most trouble is the final wingsuit jump. That platform is the shortest of them all so if you don't land on it just right you could be in for some trouble. Died there on my 5th run down.

Wish I was good at tricks though. There's a 2 million entry fee trick it event in Antartica. Whoever gets Diamond in that is going to be set for a long while.

The cave is actually quite simple, just slow down right before the entrance than hug the far right wall the entire way through and you'll see it's solid ground throughout. I stopped using a headlight as my secondary gear in favor of armor because of it.

Part that gives me the most trouble is the final wingsuit jump. That platform is the shortest of them all so if you don't land on it just right you could be in for some trouble. Died there on my 5th run down.

Where do you get to pick your equipment?

Hale-XF11

Oh yeeaaaahhhhhhh.

Haha, feels good man. Hats off to you ftw. I was right behind ya and picked up platinum. I'm actually enjoying Mt. Fuji a lot more now that I've learned it a little bit. Tons of big air opportunities everywhere. I could get used to playing more events there.

Where do you get to pick your equipment?

Sorry I was thinking the Death Zone in Global Events.

I'm like finishing 30 seconds beind him. What the fuck. =(

Not going to bed until I beat this mother fucker.
Gain as much ground as possible in the opening section.

After the first wingsuit jump, don't take the following tiny jump to the right ridge. If you turn left at that jump there is a shortcut trail you can follow. Then just try to maintain your lead.

Fixed1979

I was actually going to do this over the weekend, but I'll just wait for you now!

Someone on Merqury City posted this list. Don't think it's complete though.

That's a good start.

Sorry I was thinking the Death Zone in Global Events.

Gain as much ground as possible in the opening section.

After the first wingsuit jump, don't take the following tiny jump to the right ridge. If you turn left at that jump there is a shortcut trail you can follow. Then just try to maintain your lead.

There's a jump shortly after that one, do I have to take it or can I stay to the left?

-PXG-

I had a 170 trick combo worth over 800k and i dropped it:( no rewinds....fuuuuuuuuuu
A story of my life on Serenity. I almost got 50+ million point run just now. Ended up getting just under 45. I'm sure I'll get 50 mil tomorrow at some point.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Haha, feels good man. Hats off to you ftw. I was right behind ya and picked up platinum. I'm actually enjoying Mt. Fuji a lot more now that I've learned it a little bit. Tons of big air opportunities everywhere. I could get used to playing more events there.

I'm getting more used to it as well, but it's still not one of my favorites for sure. I'm better at Trick It. If that had been Race It I would have sucked and it would have been annoying. :p

How fucking shitty is it that you can make it to the end of Death Zone and then pass over the finish line and miss the helicopter and die?

(Answer: so shitty.)

Anyway I'm closing the gap. Only about 7 or 8 seconds behind that prick fuck now. BP rising at a dangerous rate however.

Spent the night doing races in Patagonia. A lot more fun now that I'm level 10 with a fast wingsuit. Some of those tracks are insanely hard though, but still fun. I don't mind death holes when they're not hidden.

There's a jump shortly after that one, do I have to take it or can I stay to the left?
What I did is took that jump and used my wingsuit to glide to the far left on the bit of track right before the actual designated wingsuit jump.

Also just curious to those of you who have unlocked a lot of stuff - Has anyone found a glowing suit that has a stat perk and big head and big hands? I'd kill to have one of those.

Spent the night doing races in Patagonia. A lot more fun now that I'm level 10 with a fast wingsuit. Some of those tracks are insanely hard though, but still fun. I don't mind death holes when they're not hidden.
After following the Gold AI ghost on Weirdville race I realized there's an entirely different way to think about racing on these tracks. Very fun though and by far the fastest set of tracks in the entire game just because of how steep the slopes are.

So the Hapiness Track (opening track form SSX3) that was remodled in SSX is Alaska-Foraker-Lock Jaw. And I didnt even recognize it during the world tour to be honest. It looks AMAZING.

The higher draw distance can sometimes even make it difficult to see the comparison between its version and SSX3 though since SSX3 had lower draw distance/more fog. LOVE IT.

Also just curious to those of you who have unlocked a lot of stuff - Has anyone found a glowing suit that has a stat perk and big head and big hands? I'd kill to have one of those.

Whats the difference between Legendary Suits and Epic ones? Id liek to find a LVL10 Legendary Glowing Suit (in all black)with a Tricks-Stat perk for Eddie SO HARDDDD.

Top Bottom