• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

I just noticed the 'reward' for beating Death Zone is 10,000 credits. :lol

So, does anyone think drinking makes you a better player? Because I am seriously considering having a few beers to take the edge of right about now.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
You know what sucks? If you want the achievement for earning all gold world tour badges, you have to beat all Deadly Descents without rewind. That's not quite so bad — I beat six of them without rewind the first time around, so only three to go, right? Well, the badges screen doesn't tell you which ones you have left — it just says 66% complete in my case. So, I pretty much have to go back and beat them all without rewind again, because I can't possibly remember which ones I did that for already. Why should I need to remember that myself? A progress indicator is only worth its salt if it shows all of the necessary info. This just screams laziness, like the tool-tips not changing for the classic control scheme. Laaame.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The New Zealand DD was the only one that made me want to punch everything in sight. After about an hour of trying, by some stroke of luck, Griff was right ahead of me while approaching the end and inexplicably just fell down like 30 feet from the finish. It was like the game felt bad for me.

You know what sucks? If you want the achievement for earning all gold world tour badges, you have to beat all Deadly Descents without rewind. That's not quite so bad — I beat six of them without rewind the first time around, so only three to go, right? Well, the badges screen doesn't tell you which ones you have left — it just says 66% complete in my case. So, I pretty much have to go back and beat them all without rewind again, because I can't possibly remember which ones I did that for already. Why should I need to remember that myself? A progress indicator is only worth its salt if it shows all of the necessary info. This just screams laziness, like the tool-tips not changing for the classic control scheme. Laaame.

Pretty assy. Glad I'm not going to have to deal with it, my achievement hunting days are over. I feel for you though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSeXUnyzE_Y

I mentioned this earlier but made a video. One of the ice survive events in Siberia is basically impossible to lose if you stay on the right(and I'm not even using ice axes). You can see for the event in the video the diamond score is ~98,000m which is roughly 44 straight runs. Last night some guy had 150,000m which was closer to 90, it's impossible to compete on the track as is. Hopefully someone from the dev team or something sees it and hopefully changes the track if that's possible.

On the plus side...you can really easily get the 4 survive runs with no rewind/gear medal on this track, lol.

Ketch

Epic Air Speed Windsuit + Race It = I'm in love.

=) Blackbox is so damn awesome. We need more people to join our global event so I can take all their money too. Slowpoke.

I say next time we raise the stakes.

On a side, I'm getting a lot better at tricking. I find it more relaxing then race and it feels great cashing in 19 mil combo at the finish line and going from last to first.

lush

You people make me feel bad about myself. Namely you Jambi. Still having a blast.

edit:
Just set up a 1,000,000 cost global survive event for One Step Ahead (Alps backcountry), lv1 gear only, no wingsuits, no rewinds. It's up for 1 week. If you want to join, send a FR to "MASS Xtortion" on 360.

And you....

Just set up a 1,000,000 cost global survive event for One Step Ahead (Alps backcountry), lv1 gear only, no wingsuits, no rewinds. It's up for 1 week. If you want to join, send a FR to "MASS Xtortion" on 360.

Tokubetsu

I'm confused now.

So most tracks in explore (not just backcountry but most of them in total) you do, or do not, have to pay to unlock?

In Explore mode, back country tracks, and the survive it tracks require credits to be unlocked. They cost anywhere from 5k to 50k. The "event" (The first set of tracks on a mountain) tracks don't require this.

Tokubetsu

Most tracks cost less than 10k but there are some that can get pretty expensive.

Yea. Most expensive I've seen is 50k, idk if they get higher than that. I haven't been doing much explore. I live in Global Events. Trying to get that guap you feel me?

bs000

Whats the difference between Legendary Suits and Epic ones? Id liek to find a LVL10 Legendary Glowing Suit (in all black)with a Tricks-Stat perk for Eddie SO HARDDDD.

From what I can tell, epic suits can either glow or have a perk, but not both on the same suit. While legendary always have glow+perk.

Twie

None of my PSN friends have SSX so my RiderNet list is pretty empty. :(
Feel free to add me on PSN: Twie

Edit: just noticed the PSN/XBL GAF Lists in the OP. Should have checked that first, my bad.

mxgt

Banned
I have a real love/hate relationship with this game so far, which should side towards love now that I finished the god awful world tour.

Never been so frustrated with an SSX game in my life. Every time I'm riding along and do a trick just to magically align right into a fucking death pit that I couldn't even see makes me want to trash my controller.

Luckily I no longer need to play those courses.

Real G's do Death Zone global events with 1 mill drop cost...for fun and manage to do the dark section without a headlamp or pulse. #swag

Yeah there's only like 1 relevant pit in the cave and the wingsuit section is piss easy. I only died because I accidentally slammed into the ground while wingsuiting (lol). Death Zone isn't bad at all for survival.

=) Blackbox is so damn awesome. We need more people to join our global event so I can take all their money too. Slowpoke.

I say next time we raise the stakes.

Aww, man, I thought there was more time to the race :(. Congrats on winning, that was fun :D.

What was your final time?

Never been so frustrated with an SSX game in my life. Every time I'm riding along and do a trick just to magically align right into a fucking death pit that I couldn't even see makes me want to trash my controller.

Yeah, no kidding. The death pit swiss cheese shotgun has been liberally applied to the majority of the tracks, so that even outside the World Tour finding good friend/global challenges can get annoying. Can we get a full DLC mountain or three with no pits titled "The Happy Fun Kaori Mountain"?

On the plus side, I've had a blast on the good tracks. I thought racing was the best part of SSX, but for some reason I'm having a lot of fun with tricking and there are a few big platinum rewards coming my way from trick events. There's a really, really awesome SSX game clawing its way up from the bottomless pits, but it needs some digging to get out.

GCNemesis

Is it possible to change the main menu theme? Every time it hits, I think it's The Final Countdown and then I get bummed that it's not.

bluehat9

Is it possible to change the main menu theme? Every time it hits, I think it's The Final Countdown and then I get bummed that it's not.
If you go into ridernet, you can change the music for the menu or each game mode (but only to a playlist you have on your system I think, not specific songs from the game).

Hey quick question, might have been answered a few pages back dunno, how do I access Mt. Fuji on PS3? Entered the online pass code and everything, but I didnt see it pop up in any of the deadly decents or explore mode

Cday

Banned
Hey quick question, might have been answered a few pages back dunno, how do I access Mt. Fuji on PS3? Entered the online pass code and everything, but I didnt see it pop up in any of the deadly decents or explore mode

Make sure it downloaded the online pass too. If it still doesn't show restart the game.

Top Bottom