• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

Twie

Getting this 1mil snow flake with lvl 1 Griff and his lvl 6 wing suit seems impossible. The wing suit always runs out right before I get to the snowflake.

Edit: Holy shit I just got it after posting that! :p

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think im going to bite today. I need a good stress reliever game to play after a long days work.

Question is 360 or ps3?

MThanded

I personally think the 360 version is better, but definitely download the demo for both.

So I was going to purchase on the way home(im not home right now) . I have already tried the ps3 version. Are the versions drastically different when it comes to controls?

Pimpbaa

So I was going to purchase on the way home(im not home right now) . I have already tried the ps3 version. Are the versions drastically different when it comes to controls?

The same. 360 also doesn't get Mt. Fuji. I dunno if it's an extra or if it was just removed, either way 360 owners got screwed.

Ran through the demo again today after a week hiatus, just to see if my old concerns might have been alleviated. Sadly no. Sorry guys, this just ain't the SSX I grew up with. It tries admirably, but there's too much iffy shit they included that detracts from the overall experience. Maybe if it hits the PSN store some day for under $20, I'll bite.

Is the final game as hard as the demo? (I have a feeling this has been asked before, so apologies.)

Much harder. But the levels from the demo aren't hard. If you thought they were, you will more than likely have issues with the final game.

How? The game looks nearly identical, plus you lose out on an extra mountain.

360 version looks better, but not by much. Fuji is 2 runs (2 trick, 2 race)...2 really awful runs. Caves filled with death holes = the opposite of fun. But I would have gone with the PS3 version to get Fuji. The reason I didn't is because the game controls better (tighter) on the 360 analogs. In a game like this, that's infinitely more important to me than a little extra content. That's how I made my decision. It also helps that I can jump into a group of friends in voice chat and trash talk during events. Can't do that on PS3.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Going from level 10 Mac to level 5 Elise makes me feel like I've been dipped in molasses. A week ago I thought the demo was too fast and hectic.

Pimpbaa

The reason I didn't is because the game controls better (tighter) on the 360 analogs.

Minor differences in analog stick tension is not going to affect that or any game that much. Although I can understand someone say they prefer one or the other.

They control the same.

No, they actually don't. But we've covered that ad nauseum throughout this thread on several occasions.

Going from level 10 Mac to level 5 Elise makes me feel like I've been dipped in molasses. A week ago I thought the demo was too fast and hectic.

Haha, I did the opposite. Zoe to Mac and trying to trick with him was a pain in the ass. Then I grabbed the million dollar snowflake, got him to 9 and all is right with the world again. I'm going to have a couple "mains".

I know the deal, I'm in for some pain. However, I just need something with pickup and play potential and decent replay.
Tons of replay value especially with the global events but my god the world tour can be frustrating.

Tried to get the million dollar snowflake with Griff today, holy shit that's hard. My wife made me stop because I was cursing and getting loud. :lol Will try again tonight once she's asleep.

Tokubetsu

No, they actually don't. But we've covered that ad nauseum throughout this thread on several occasions.

Haha, I did the opposite. Zoe to Mac and trying to trick with him was a pain in the ass. Then I grabbed the million dollar snowflake, got him to 9 and all is right with the world again. I'm going to have a couple "mains".

Pretty much what I'm doing. I'm thinking Zoe, Alex and Mac. Mac is 6 right now but I got Alex to 9 thanks to that snowflake.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Right now I have Mac at Level 10, Kaori at Level 8 and Zoe at Level 9 thanks to the snowflake. Trying to get everyone to at least Level 8 since anything below that just feels slow and awkward.

lmao, Elise just sang Broken Wings while I was gliding. So many great lines.

EDIT: Right out of the helicopter and one of the male characters starts singing The Wind Beneath My Wings. THIS GAME

Pancho

Qurupancho
I'm pretty sure Sentinel is the best Survive It track out there. It's such a rush, I loved it, seriously, check it out.

Just got the final Deadly Descent without the required gear achievement. Achievements and trophies are dumb for the most part, but these were actual achievements. I like that.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Just got the final Deadly Descent without the required gear achievement. Achievements and trophies are dumb for the most part, but these were actual achievements. I like that.
Nice work. Only a few of them seem like they'd be really difficult, but I'm not sure if I have the patience to try just yet. Right now I'm trying to get through a couple of the DDs without rewind — I thought Africa would be terrible, but it only took me about 15 minutes. Saving New Zealand for last, although I played that one last night so many times I think I have it almost memorized.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/03/playstation-network-scheduled-maintenance-on-sunday/

Did anyone see that?
I was planning to play all day tommorow...guess that'll change.

Good job picking a day on the weekend. No one games on the weekend, right?

Nice work. Only a few of them seem like they'd be really difficult, but I'm not sure if I have the patience to try just yet. Right now I'm trying to get through a couple of the DDs without rewind — I thought Africa would be terrible, but it only took me about 15 minutes. Saving New Zealand for last, although I played that one last night so many times I think I have it almost memorized.

For me the one where you stay out of the shade was hard. Real hard. The others were relatively easy until I got to the race with Griff, which I had to take a lot of chances on to build a big lead at the start, and then I took my time the rest of the way. Pulse goggles are stupid. I wish they'd patch that haze out of the game in non-WT runs.

bs000

So what's the best way to level-up?

Doing drops in explore mode. XP you earn is equal to the credits you make. I get around 60k every event. It also helps if you have alot of rivals to pass too because you get XP for every spot you move up on the leaderboard. Then there's that million credit snowflake that'll also give you 1 million xp.

MThanded

I ended up getting the ps3 version by no choice of my own...

PSN ID: mthanded

Add me fools.

MKAllDay

Finally got the game after having to get it reshipped courtesy of Amazon sending it to the wrong address...

Anyone I am excited to dive into it and I will be adding some members from the XBL list so I can have some records to compete with. My GT is FoxhoundMGS02

Eddie just yelled "use the fro" (star wars reference) I loled
he also says "I can see my house from up here ... its so small" LOL

He also seem to still live with his mother because he has at least half a dozen dialogues talking about her jaja

Pancho

Qurupancho
Eddie just yelled "use the fro" (star wars reference) I loled
he also says "I can see my house from up here ... its so small" LOL

He also seem to still live with his mother because he has at least half a dozen dialogues talking about her jaja

Love the tantrum when he loses.

Top Bottom