• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

SHIT YEA

AnHSd9dCQAEbNZA.jpg

Crazy watching my dude rank up from level 1 to level 9 in one round! Getting that snowflake was tricky but it was totally worth it.

Think I'm going to use the snowflake to level up...Moby? Maybe Elise. Definitely maybe Tane.

Why?

I don't know but if you go to that thread that's what people suggest. Something about people putting geotags there, and when there's a geotag there's no snowflake.

Also people say that using it to level up a character that's already pretty up there doesn't do as much.

Don't buy geotags if you don't see any info for them listed, the game seemingly will cheat you out of them since RiderNet is down, taking your money but you don't get the geotag.

Edit: lockup at loading screen, last time this meant RiderNet was back up

So I'm having a little trouble getting enough speed on races to win gold. It seems like no matter what I always come in Silver or something. It seems like tricks slow me down, I'm not sure though.

So I'm having a little trouble getting enough speed on races to win gold. It seems like no matter what I always come in Silver or something. It seems like tricks slow me down, I'm not sure though.

Don't bother doing tricks once you have Tricky, that's what gives you infinite boost (well until Tricky runs out.) Do ground tricks and the smallest tricks you can in the air just to keep the Tricky going at that point.

Edit: wait don't hold boost? Really?

Don't buy geotags if you don't see any info for them listed, the game seemingly will cheat you out of them since RiderNet is down, taking your money but you don't get the geotag.

Edit: lockup at loading screen, last time this meant RiderNet was back up

Well I logged back into Ridernet and my Trick-It and Race-It Platinum Bracket times on the Global Events on Serenity are gone... WTF. Who knows what other global events my times were erased from?

What sucks is that those two have no drop cost so I can't tell if i have to repay a drop cost if my time is erased from a more serious Global Event in the future.

First time I heard that I should NOT hold boost. Such a noob at this game, I swear

Anyway, got the snowflake. That was pretty painless!

soultron

Banned
Don't bother doing tricks once you have Tricky, that's what gives you infinite boost (well until Tricky runs out.) Do ground tricks and the smallest tricks you can in the air just to keep the Tricky going at that point.

Hold boost if you've got TRICKY. Otherwise, save it until you've got it.

TRICKY (especially depending on your gear and mods) can be quite lengthy.

This is what I do most of the time. I'll crank non-TRICKY boost on straight-aways sometimes.

Tokubetsu

Typo, I meant hold boost. When you have tricky.

Should I be using Rocket boards or Speed boards for RACE-IT's?

What are they both good/bad for?

EDIT: About Ridernet deleting my times, they show up again, oh wow I dont know what I'd do if I lost that 51Mil on Serenity (no rewinds). But now I can't see my platinum score on the Million Drop cost Death Zone event, and it now says i dont have enough funds in my bank to do that run... >_< So Nerveracking.

Question, do times, trick scores, survival scores from Global Events also get saved into that same drop ion Explore mode?

bs000

Should I be using Rocket boards or Speed boards for RACE-IT's?

What are they both good/bad for?

EDIT: About Ridernet deleting my times, they show up again, oh wow I dont know what I'd do if I lost that 51Mil on Serenity (no rewinds). But now I can't see my platinum score on the Million Drop cost Death Zone event, and it now says i dont have enough funds in my bank to do that run... >_< So Nerveracking.

Question, do times, trick scores, survival scores from Global Events also get saved into that same drop ion Explore mode?

My scores disappear every time I quit the game now. And I didn't notice until someone else mentioned it, but it also causes me to lose badge and snowflake progress. I entered a 1 mil event and when my scores disappeared I also lost the badge for entering a 1 mil event. I'm pretty sure you still get your winnings because I got +6 mil, but it's annoying not knowing what events you've entered and being double charged the drop fee if you want to try again.

Is it even possible to equip two gears in Survive it global events? Looking at death zone and it wants me to have headlamp and wing suit.

Tokubetsu

Dear assholes on my friends list,

You think you're so cool, locking me out of the Top 10 on bulldog liking that with your impossible scores? Eat a dick, and die.

Your friend, Tokubetsu.

P.S.
How are you guys getting scores higher than 21 million? Fuck ='(

LVL 10 is two gear slots btw. Got Eddie to LVL10 two nights ago after some serious explore sessions.
Dear assholes on my friends list,

You think you're so cool, locking me out of the Top 10 on bulldog liking that with your impossible scores? Eat a dick, and die.

Your friend, Tokubetsu.

P.S.
How are you guys getting scores higher than 21 million? Fuck ='(

read the thingy soultron posted about trick it tips, spam the signature trick every other time you get a chance to without making it a duplicate. And make sure you go groudn tricks to set up for a big jump so you dont duplicate your signature trick, do flips instead of spins, spinning flips are worth more. The End.

^ that is coming form a guy who knew nothing and wanted nothing to do with Trick-It events until soultron's tips post.

Tokubetsu

read the thingy soultron posted about trick it tips, spam the signature trick every other time you get a chance to without making it a duplicate. And make sure you go groudn tricks to set up for a big jump so you dont duplicate your signature trick, do flips instead of spins, spinning flips are worth more. The End.

^ that is coming form a guy who knew nothing and wanted nothing to do with Trick-It events until soultron's tips post.

I swear I've been doing this!

Tokubetsu

I read somewhere that All You Can Eat and Blackhawk are the two non-sig Uber tricks worth the most points. They're the X->B and B->X tricks. (Right hand on left side and left hand on right side of board tricks.)

Yea, I've been starting to do them.

Ugh, I need a Death Zone break.

Go really fast at the start. There's very little danger until you hit the cave. And once you're out of the cave just remember that with a wingsuit you dont need to follow the path that the game appears to want you to go. After the cave you can basically cut the rest of the course in half simply by flying over all of it.

Top Bottom