• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

JaseMath

I wish we had concept Zoe :[

ZOE_design_evolution656x369_656x369.jpg

Far right Zoe would have been sweet.

W0QH5.png

I wish we would've gotten the Rasta-Hippy Tane... :(

soultron

Banned
Hey, SHREDDING BROS!

I think this might fix your problem if you don't see a GE time/score you've already logged: just restart. Your times/scores should reappear and you don't have to pay the drop cost again!

One more time: don't try to redo your run because you'll be spending a drop cost you don't have to! Just restart!

Can someone test this out if they have the problem?

Yeah, as I watched that final video (after WT) showing off all the concept characters I don't think I saw a single original concept that wasnt 1000 times better than the end result.

Hale-XF11

Bear Claw belongs to me tonight.

edit: Just got 1:04.93 in a global race event. Too bad it doesn't keep your new records stored in Explore mode. Or does it?

tm24

I hate this game now since i now have to take my niece in her own words "actual real life snowboarding with the fast stuff and without the crazy people jumping all over the place and the stupid music."

I should stop using video games to babysit

soultron

Banned
About DLC, have EA said anything about that? Any word on new maps and characters?

It's still so early, my dude.

The game's absolutely massive. You earn all the badges yet?
If not, get to it!

We'll hear lots in the coming months, I'm sure!

Bleh. I just can't get myself to play this anymore. I love SSX Tricky and 3 to death, but I can't maintain any kind of interest in this. This definitely is not the game I've been waiting for, and I'm kind of regretting shelling out for a pre-order all the way back in October. I hope to be able to enjoy this game eventually, but right now I just can't have fun with this. Buyer's remorse indeed.

Raxus

If not, get to it!

Speaking of badges which medals are the hardest to earn?

Right now I am posting geotags everywhere hoping a handful will add to my total geotags not found gold badge.

gururoji

Yeah, as I watched that final video (after WT) showing off all the concept characters I don't think I saw a single original concept that wasnt 1000 times better than the end result.

I so agree. I went into this game not enjoying the final character designs whatsoever...but the concept arts were pretty good!

Bgamer90

Banned
Bleh. I just can't get myself to play this anymore. I love SSX Tricky and 3 to death, but I can't maintain any kind of interest in this. This definitely is not the game I've been waiting for, and I'm kind of regretting shelling out for a pre-order all the way back in October. I hope to be able to enjoy this game eventually, but right now I just can't have fun with this. Buyer's remorse indeed.

Have you played any of the online modes in the game yet?

SadAli

Neo Member
Demo sold me on the fun this game could be so picked it up yesterday and hoping the World Tour mode doesn't distract too much. Added my name to the PSN user list and will send friend requests to as many as possible so I can watch my proudest moments be put into perspective.

kinberg

Neo Member

If not, get to it!

I know, I know. It's just... The game is so much fun and I'm not even near completing everything yet. But it would be such a shame if EA didn't continue the support for this game.
This would have been the perfect game for a Season Pass, promise me some upcoming DLC and you have my money instantaneously!

Jamie OD

A lot of the Deadly Descents are easy when you just take your time and watch what line you take. It won't get you good times, sure, but you will score good in the Survive It courses.

MMaRsu

I know, I know. It's just... The game is so much fun and I'm not even near completing everything yet. But it would be such a shame if EA didn't continue the support for this game.
This would have been the perfect game for a Season Pass, promise me some upcoming DLC and you have my money instantaneously!

lol

Nyx

Man the more I play this game the more fun I'm having, definitely happy with this new episode in the series.

Really not getting some of the hate it gets, surely some tracks are less fun than others, but overall I'm happy with most. Controls seem tight enough as well. (360 version)

I hope EA will release some older tracks as DLC, or at least make some new closed tracks with more scenery, fireworks etc., and maybe even some gimmick tracks with loads of obstacles, rings to fly through etc. or even a rollercoasterlike track.

Tokubetsu

I love how, sometimes, when I'm buttering up to a grind, the game will just go "hey, tokubetsu wasn't really interested in keeping his combo going this whole run" and just kill it right as the grind intiates event hough I was still holding down the button. This stupid fucking game.

kiryogi

Banned
I swear, I can put a geotag in the bottom of a pit, people will still manage to get it.

dive in, rewind. profit. lol. I think the best spots for Geo tags would either be somewhere really high/hard to reach, or somewhere straight up hidden or rarely traveled.

Tokubetsu

Also, Tokubetsu is accepting more casual players for his friends list. You will be doing me a favor by making me feel awesome, and I'll be doing you a favor by giving you a bar not so high to aspire to. It's a win-win situation!

Tokubetsu

I'm only good at races because I torture myself for hours at times trying to get golds. I will spend way too much time on just one drop until I get gold. Can't let myself move on until I do.

Dreading it myself, but I kinda need the money/medals and I want to level up Mac and Alex to 10.

Tattooth

Is anyone else having trouble with grinding 'natural objects', like fallen trees? No matter how early I squeeze that left trigger, I still zoom right past it.

Exactly my problem! Also, when I do fly over the grind, I am usually boosting and doing a nose press, so when I go into the air holding both triggers and a grab, guess what happens. I do a fucking signature move when I am about 2 inches of the ground! So annoying, and has fucked up too many runs to count.

So how do Geotags work exactly? I assume the longer they last the more money you get? If someone manages to take it they steal the pot? Can anyone find your geotag or is it limited to just your friends list?

gate777

So how do Geotags work exactly? I assume the longer they last the more money you get? If someone manages to take it they steal the pot? Can anyone find your geotag or is it limited to just your friends list?

Yes to your first question, No to your second question (they get the initial value of the geotag, not the accumulated value), and the answer to your third question is anyone.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Is it me or is the PS3 version really low res? Like sub HD. I use "computer mode" on my tv which reduces input lag and optimizes screen size. It works perfectly for every other game, but on SSX it reduces the picutre to just a little box in the the middle, and when i bring out the OS with the PS button, its also very low res. I turned of the computer mode, but it now looks like a wii game.

MMaRsu

Is it me or is the PS3 version really low res? Like sub HD. I use "computer mode" on my tv which reduces input lag and optimizes screen size. It works perfectly for every other game, but on SSX it reduces the picutre to just a little box in the the middle, and when i bring out the OS with the PS button, its also very low res. I turned of the computer mode, but it now looks like a wii game.

Don't use ANY "modes" on your tv.

JaseMath

Too close to Moby. I can see why they changed it.

Yeah, the hair especially, but the attire and age/look is closer to what I would have liked. I know, I know - it's not about me - but this concept is 100x more interesting to me than the whole wheat, 2% milk, tie-dyed Tane we got.

Weird Question.

I levelled up Zoe to 10 so I've moved onto Elise. If I have like 7th place score on a run ahead of like 5 people, and then I run with Elise who only pulls off a 9th place score, will I still get the bonus for beating the three people I already beat with the last run?

Told you. Weird question.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Well ok I say try using standard mode and see what it looks like. It looks great on my Ps3..

Ive tried standard and every other variation. Its not my tv thats the issue. Unfortunately it seems that the game is running on something closer to 480p and not hd. Everything looks pretty horrible. I sit pretty close on a 32" inch tv, so that of course is part of the problem i suppose, but it hasnt been a problem on any other game before this. i have never seen the XMB so low res in any other game when you press the PS home button in game.

fuenf

Damn Death Zone Survival is the most stressful thing ever. Logged 9.794,01m on my last try (Wingsuit and Armor), managed to pass the dark cave successfully for the 3rd consecutive time and only to screw up the icy section of the course because of all the excitement. :( platinum bracket wouldve been possible, so let's try again. :D ssx is awesome!

Codeblew

Ive tried standard and every other variation. Its not my tv thats the issue. Unfortunately it seems that the game is running on something closer to 480p and not hd. Everything looks pretty horrible. I sit pretty close on a 32" inch tv, so that of course is part of the problem i suppose, but it hasnt been a problem on any other game before this. i have never seen the XMB so low res in any other game when you press the PS home button in game.

Is your TV 1080P? If so, just put your TV in 1080p and set the PS3 output to 1080p and let your the PS3 do the scaling.

Weird Question.

I levelled up Zoe to 10 so I've moved onto Elise. If I have like 7th place score on a run ahead of like 5 people, and then I run with Elise who only pulls off a 9th place score, will I still get the bonus for beating the three people I already beat with the last run?

Told you. Weird question.

No. YOU are team SSX.

If not, get to it!

Given how quickly people play and trade in titles now, not having week 1 or 2 DLC is really not that bright. People can get pissed all they want at Bioware for having day 1 DLC, but that's the smartest approach to DLC that there is. Actually a season pass is smarter since it allows you the time to space out releases and you've already got people's money even if they trade it in.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Is your TV 1080P? If so, just put your TV in 1080p and set the PS3 output to 1080p and let your the PS3 do the scaling.

It is 1080p, and the ps3 is in 1080p mode. It was the first thing i checked, if the resolution for some reason lowered itself in the system settings. It hadnt though. As soon as i quit the game it goes back to normal. When i put in another game, everything is as it should be. It only seems to be this game, which forces me to conclude that this game really runs at a very low native resolution, unless there is something else im missing, but what would that be?

Tokubetsu

Feels pretty great hitting a race that you haven't touched before, then setting a time and watching your name jump over eight people on your friends list.

God, Broken tooth is fucking unbearable. I need drugs.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Preloading your jumping with the stick feels weird to me. I keep automatically using the face button to preload my jump. Whatever works.

Top Bottom