• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

winstano

Anyone know if EA are going to a BattleLog-esque site for RiderNet? I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from the game at work and I wanna see if I'm still top on my Friends List!

Jamie OD

In World Tour when the CPU people you ride with on say Trick Events, when they get 30,000 points within the first five seconds of dropping... WTF?!?! WHat am I doing wrong?!?!

edit: Not just 30,000, like 200,000+ within the first ten seconds...

I think the scores only update for them at certain parts of the track. The ones you see at the start are sort of like targets to aim for as you go on.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Anyone know if EA are going to a BattleLog-esque site for RiderNet? I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from the game at work and I wanna see if I'm still top on my Friends List!

They implemented a very extensive website for Rock Band 3, so maybe they'll do something for SSX as well, I think it depends on how well it's selling.

Sojgat

DLC with classic tracks from the first two games would be good. As it stands now there are maybe 10 good drops in the whole game.

Raxus

World tour and the survival badges have been completed (yes I did the 4 runs with no item and rewinds).

I just need to finish up tricky by flipping on helicopters.

I also need a good place to maintain 130km/hr for 40 seconds. Any suggestions?

winstano

They implemented a very extensive website for Rock Band 3, so maybe they'll do something for SSX as well, I think it depends on how well it's selling.

It's debuted at the top of the UK charts, so it looks like it's got a healthy start! The community looks like it's gonna thrive as well, Ridernet is so well implemented. It'd be awesome if they could get a BattleLog style iOS/Android app etc

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Also; what the hell happened to the Stereo 3D-implementation? I thought it was confirmed early on that SSX would by fully 3D-enabled...

These instant deaths when you barely hit something even though you have full health and you have all your rewinds left but can't use them because it auto ends it for you . . . . why?

soultron

Banned
1:05.33 on my Rolling Thunder custom GE. Somebody thought they could knock me down by shaving 2 seconds off my time. So then I shaved off nearly 6 off theirs.

7759-bigthumbnail.jpg

BRING IT.

Tokubetsu

These instant deaths when you barely hit something even though you have full health and you have all your rewinds left but can't use them because it auto ends it for you . . . . why?

On the survive it tracks, the more runs in you are, the more damage you take, the faster gear wears out, avalanches get bigger, whiteouts start, etc, and the harder it is generally. That's why they're called survive it. Think of them like the survival mode in a fighting game. Each successful run = odds being stacked higher against you.

On the survive it tracks, the more runs in you are, the more damage you take, the faster gear wears out, avalanches get bigger, whiteouts start, etc, and the harder it is generally. That's why they're called survive it. Think of them like the survival mode in a fighting game. Each successful run = odds being stacked higher against you.

No, I understand that. But if I have all my rewinds left why should I not be able to rewind when I hit a wall and kill myself?

Tokubetsu

No, I understand that. But if I have all my rewinds left why should I not be able to rewind when I hit a wall and kill myself?

Design choice? haha. It's not like Prince of Persia's get out of jail free card. It's more like a preventative measure. In the sense that it can stop you from dying, but useless if dead already.

IsayFever

Finally got my copy of the game and have been playing it non-stop. Easily the most fun game I've played since SSX Tricky came out all those years ago.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
What is the best way to earn cash?

I mainly play explore I guess I will have to start digging into the Global Events to earn serious money?

What is the best way to earn cash?

I mainly play explore I guess I will have to start digging into the Global Events to earn serious money?

Explore runs will net you 50,000+ a pop for gold medals.

And yep, global events are where the huge cash is at. Though it won't help you level your characters.

soultron

Banned
My God, Eddie has the craziest laugh in the game. It goes on and on far after you've landed :lol

One of the devs I play online with said he asked the V/O producer why the laugh was so crazy and the producer apparently responded saying something along the lines of, "Dude, that was as dialed down as I could get him."

I got the same thing. Some unmarked race and medal bracket finish got me 2.6 MILLION. Not complaining, but HUH??

I got 5 million just now for a Gold finish. I don't know where it came from, but it was awesome!

Well, shoot, that's badass!

One of the devs I play online with said he asked the V/O producer why the laugh was so crazy and the producer apparently responded saying something along the lines of, "Dude, that was as dialed down as I could get him."

That's hilarious. It just might be the greatest videogame laugh I've ever heard. The lines are great all around, honestly. From the throw backs to the new material.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
What's the latest on Travis Rice making it into the game? I don't use facebook very much but I did sign in and 'like' what I think I was supposed to.

JambiBum

What's the latest on Travis Rice making it into the game? I don't use facebook very much but I did sign in and 'like' what I think I was supposed to.

Last time I checked it was around two thirds of the way there. Haven't checked in a while though.

Just checked it, looks like there's probably around 12k like left. Going by the fact that there each square being 10k and there being 10 squares.

Curufinwe

Finished up the World Tour mode last night. The Whiteout DD on Aoraki was by far the hardest, cheapest and most annoying event in the whole thing. The final challenge was easy by comparison.

I've barely touched Explore mode, so I can't wait to really get into the meat of the game.

NJShadow

Two of my favorite tracks from SSX3 are in my custom playlist:

http://youtu.be/puSt5jyYabw

http://youtu.be/4tZm8WR4xEI

I always smile when they come up.

I'm about to make a straight SSX 3 playlist now, because the music in that game was just phenomenal.

Emerge - Junkie XL Remix - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WbXxkSBBgo

Placebo - The Bitter End - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3QBzY-tXc4

Thrice - Stare at The Sun - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pyA_lSJXK4&ob=av2e

The Caesars - Jerk it Out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an6A-Wu6-B4&ob=av2n

To name a few... ;) I feel like I can hear the echo in the background "Ubers... ubers... 1... 1..." As much as I'm LOVING the new SSX, SSX 3 did have a unique feel that was terrific.

Been doing the DD runs the past few days. Up to now, only one practice run had bugged me with its death holes. I enjoyed the wingsuit stuff, the solar panels, and the avalanche DD I did first time.

Then came Africa....whoever made that selection of runs should be taken out back and shot. Just awful for so many reasons. Only good thing was that I unlocked a few maintaining speed medals.

.GqueB.

Banned
This game was orginal a bit of a let down.... and then I left world tour. Holy shit, I have not had this much fun with a game in years.

I have a question about the rival challenges. If my friends beat any of my times do they show up here, or do they have to favorite them or something?

What's the difference exactly? I was gonna give this game one last hurrah before I traded it in tomorrow but should I just be playing the online?

What's the difference exactly? I was gonna give this game one last hurrah before I traded it in tomorrow but should I just be playing the online?

No constraints. You're not forced into anything and you're directly competing with your friends' performance alongside going for medals against the AI.

Online? If you mean Global Events only, definitely not. Go to Explore Mode, do some runs, see how you feel.

It's a completely different experience. After days of just Explore and Global Events, I look back at World Tour like a very small and strange aberration. Also, it's way less frustrating after you've honed your skills in the other two modes.

Technically Explore is both offline (trying to beat the AI and get medals for each course) and online (your buddie's ghosts show up too). It's my favorite mode overall. You can also use to find and hide geotags which is fun.

Forgotten favorite from the much maligned Blur:

Junkie XL - A51 -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0LyptWx_yQ

Could someone explain how the points behind geotags work? How come it says something to the effect of 'you could get XX points'?

You earn money while your geotag is still out there, eventually it cashes in to you at its total value if no finds it. If someone does find it, they get the money and you only get what it had earned up until that point.

Goddamn, stupid fucking heat provider thing. I couldn't even beat Moby's DD so I had to skip it. This shit isn't fucking fun. I just want to ride down the goddamn mountain.

Goddamn, stupid fucking heat provider thing. I couldn't even beat Moby's DD so I had to skip it. This shit isn't fucking fun. I just want to ride down the goddamn mountain.

Skip them all, go to Explore. That's what I did. It only lets you skip after two tries. If it's taken me two tries, it's not worth it to me. Done. Next.

After a few days on Explore, also, I know I could go back to those challenges and demolish them. In retrospect World Tour was a terrible way to start the game. I should have gone straight to Explore.

Skip them all, go to Explore. That's what I did. It only lets you skip after two tries. If it's taken me two tries, it's not worth it to me. Done. Next.

After a few days on Explore, also, I know I could go back to those challenges and demolish them. In retrospect World Tour was a terrible way to start the game. I should have gone straight to Explore.

Yeah, I kind of wanted to play through the "story" first, but this seems like a better option. The restrictions on Deadly Descents are pointless attempts at adding something to the game beyond just snowboarding, which is really what it should just be.

Top Bottom