• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

Yeah, I kind of wanted to play through the "story" first, but this seems like a better option. The restrictions on Deadly Descents are pointless attempts at adding something to the game beyond just snowboarding, which is really what it should just be.

Felt the same way. It just was not fun. Scroll back 20 pages or whatever and see me totally stymied by Moby's first Trick It run.

Explore is way more tailored to your own pace. With that, something's troubling you, another peak is just over there. World Tour mode, if you were stuck, you had so many fewer options. The Skip function was helpful, but that's not fun.

fuenf

Did SSX flop? Just took a look at the Serenity Global Event on Euro-PSN and with 16 hours to go only 41.100 riders are competing in it, barring a miracle it will be impossible to get the 50.000 riders badge. I dont get it, why won't more people play this awesome game? :(

Did SSX flop? Just took a look at the Serenity Global Event on Euro-PSN and with 16 hours to go only 41.100 riders are competing in it, barring a miracle it will be impossible to get the 50.000 riders badge. I dont get it, why won't more people play this awesome game? :(

It crested 50k on the 360 version.

soultron

Banned

Europe just got it on Friday, so I'm guessing a lot of EU-PS3ers are still playing WT.

The GE's are regional? They're not actually Global?

No they are global just not cross-platform, lol.
ND01I.jpg

I was gonna post a pic of me banking 13,000,000 this morning, AND I THOUGHT I WAS BANKING LOL.

COT DAMN, add me on XBL so i can see what global events you play in, bro.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Started the game up, banked over 12 million credits from finished GEs (plus some ghost and geotag earnings). Sweet!

EDIT: Damn!

I meant that maybe EU-PS3ers might've helped push the PS3 GE over 50K, but they're probably still in WT. Probably should've clarified.

Ugh, I was hoping you'd say they were. That means it probably sold, what, 150k WW? Tops?

(50k 360, 42k PS3, plus some who never go online.)

:(

balddemon

Banned
I actually have enjoyed every deadly descent lol. The ice one is my least favorite, but otherwise they all are pretty easy/fun.

Psn: thehaighter

Ugh, I was hoping you'd say they were. That means it probably sold, what, 150k WW? Tops?

(50k 360, 42k PS3, plus some who never go online.)

:(
Isn't that 50K just for one single global event? Who's to say everyone who bought a copy of the game did that run? I bet a lot of people are still struggling through World Tour.

Anyway I'm not worried about this game, I bet it did fine and will probably have long legs.

Isn't that 50K just for one single global event? Who's to say everyone who bought a copy of the game did that run? I bet a lot of people are still struggling through World Tour.

Anyway I'm not worried about this game, I bet it did fine and will probably have long legs.

I think so too, honestly. The fact that the Servers were a dog all weekend is a promising sign.

I'm about to make a straight SSX 3 playlist now, because the music in that game was just phenomenal.

Emerge - Junkie XL Remix - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WbXxkSBBgo

Placebo - The Bitter End - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3QBzY-tXc4

Thrice - Stare at The Sun - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pyA_lSJXK4&ob=av2e

The Caesars - Jerk it Out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an6A-Wu6-B4&ob=av2n

To name a few... ;) I feel like I can hear the echo in the background "Ubers... ubers... 1... 1..." As much as I'm LOVING the new SSX, SSX 3 did have a unique feel that was terrific.
Can't represent without... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-Upef7Svhw&feature=autoplay&list=PL83EFDCDCCF931848&lf=mh_lolz&playnext=1

Hale-XF11

I actually have enjoyed every deadly descent lol. The ice one is my least favorite, but otherwise they all are pretty easy/fun.

Psn: thehaighter

I enjoyed them all except for the pulse goggles DD. I was going in expecting to hate most of them because of most people's reactions, but I was surprised to find out that they really weren't that bad. Nice to be done with it though.

Add me if you haven't. PSN ID: Halelujah

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Damn, I just can't find a good racing line on Serenity, the track is just too confusing for me to have any idea which way is fastest. Any pointers?

Hale-XF11

Damn, I just can't find a good racing line on Serenity, the track is just too confusing for me to have any idea which way is fastest. Any pointers?

Are you able to at least keep up with the trail of the ghost in front of you? That's the best method I can think of for learning new lines. Also, sometimes the wingsuit helps in situations where you'd normally not consider using it. In fact, it's helped me improve some of my times since you get massive speed while nosediving.

By the way we're a kitten's whisker away from unlocking Travis Rice as a playable dude (need 100K Facebook shares, US only):

Secret tip: I made a Facebook account with a fake name just to do stuff like this without having to harrass friends and loved ones

I give up on ever finishing the Death Zone race. I can make it to the end no problem but he always beats me by at least 10 seconds. I'm always ahead of him until the tunnel then he zooms off.

Curufinwe

I give up on ever finishing the Death Zone race. I can make it to the end no problem but he always beats me by at least 10 seconds. I'm always ahead of him until the tunnel then he zooms off.

Are you using the wing suit to shortcut past that long windy part in the middle of the race?

Dragnet

Ugh, just posted a cheeky Platinum score on Serenity, now RiderNet isn't working. I can either retry uploading my score which isn't working, or forfeit. Bullshit EA!

Curufinwe

Does it allow you to pick the Gear? Level 10 glasses will make short work of that.

(I haven't returned to WT after my ascension to "greatness".)

I finished World Tour without spending more than an hour in Explore, so I did it just using the standard Level 6 goggles. Soooo many death pits, ugh.

Ugh, just posted a cheeky Platinum score on Serenity, now RiderNet isn't working. I can either retry uploading my score which isn't working, or forfeit. Bullshit EA!

Oh god don't use those comics in your avatar, you'll just encourage them.

Give me Adam Warren or Give Me Death!!

;D

I finished World Tour without spending more than an hour in Explore, so I did it just using the standard Level 6 goggles. Soooo many death pits, ugh.

Oh I hated it too. That's why I skipped it.

;D

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So PSN going down for maintenance cost me 2.1 million in credits apparently. I never got my payout from the Diamond Back trick event.

JackEtc

Got this score the first run I did yesterday, and have been working since then to top Soultron...SO CLOSE but I can't get any closer than that first run!

sxWIK.jpg

I'll have you eventually, Soul.

Equip the wingsuit and you can simply fly over the entire middle portion of the track. Easy win.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Finished up the World Tour mode last night. The Whiteout DD on Aoraki was by far the hardest, cheapest and most annoying event in the whole thing. The final challenge was easy by comparison.

I've barely touched Explore mode, so I can't wait to really get into the meat of the game.

Weird, I made it down to the button without the pulse goggles on my first try for the achievement.

I still cannot do the damn Antarctica DD without the solar panel though. Anybody got any tips for that one?

jkoch

I wouldn't get the 1m credit snowflake with a level 8 character, since the snowflake will take pretty much any level 1 character you use straight to level 9. Use it on a low level character that you'd like to see pumped straight up to the top.

Where is this 1M snowflake?

Got this score the first run I did yesterday, and have been working since then to top Soultron...SO CLOSE but I can't get any closer than that first run!

sxWIK.jpg

I'll have you eventually, Soul.

I'm so sorry I had to do this to you bro. soultron has me on edge with his destroying my survival times lol.

p1010299cvknh.png

Are there any events that force LVL1-Equipment? I need a really slow board for a few SURVIVE-ITs so I don't slip off the track too much with LVL10-boards!

Slow and easy wins survives the race...

MUAHAHAH... please help me guise :)

Does anyone know when the patch is coming out that fixes the slow Classic rotations?

Trick It is pretty much un-Gold-able with Classic controls right now.

Are there any events that force LVL1-Equipment? I need a really slow board for a few SURVIVE-ITs so I don't slip off the track too much with LVL10-boards!

Slow and easy wins survives the race...

MUAHAHAH... please help me guise :)

I know I've done one but I don't remember where. Did you try just scrolling from peak to peak to find one? They definitely happen.

Or you could make a Custom Event yourself with those restrictions.

Oh dang, someone brought the Last to Hit time down to 45.16s (no wingsuit)

EDIT: Oh, it's because he found a new line. Sweet, cause I don't think I could of got anything more out of my last line.

I know I've done one but I don't remember where. Did you try just scrolling from peak to peak to find one? They definitely happen.

Or you could make a Custom Event yourself with those restrictions.

nice, ill to do that, thanks.

Does anyone know when the patch is coming out that fixes the slow Classic rotations?

Trick It is pretty much un-Gold-able with Classic controls right now.

you sure? all my trick it times are with classic...

Cuban Legend, if you wanna impress me try to take out my time on Rolling Thunder.

laughingzoom.gif

okay.jpg ... ASDFJHAIFHWRGHPPERHG

soultron

Banned
Oh dang, someone brought the Last to Hit time down to 45.16s (no wingsuit)

bakalhau found someone with that time when his time got wrecked. Turns out the dude cut all the way right on the flat, barren side slopes. It's not really legit. baka made a video of it and reported it to the team already.

bakalhau found someone with that time when his time got wrecked. Turns out the dude cut all the way right on the flat, barren side slopes. It's not really legit. baka made a video of it and reported it to the team already.
Yup, that's what this guy is using. I don't see how it's not legit. I mean, if you think that's not legit than a lot of the things I do on Patagonia aren't legit. It's just kind of lame because there's a lot less technical work on this line but it's faster.

Top Bottom