• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

Codeblew

I haven't seen anybody else mention this, but on the PS3 are the RiderNet menus INSANELY slow to load for anybody else? I hit select to pull up RiderNet and it lags for like 5 seconds before I can do anything. I don't even try going to my Rivals list, because navigating through that is nightmarishly slow. It has to re-populate the avatars for everybody every time I scroll down (or up) and moving between rivals has like a 1 or 2 second delay every time (even after the avatars are loaded up). It's basically useless...

Yeah, it lags for me also. Not 5 seconds worth but 1-3 or so.

Curufinwe

Really getting annoyed by the spin speed bug now :( Dammit EA, send the patch over to the EU!

Have you thought about trying standard controls? I find being able to easily boost while doing a ground trick makes a huge difference when it comes to keeping my combo going and my speed up on Trick It events.

Raxus

Hey StoneyMason, I am gonna let you finish, I just wanted to say I crushed a bunch of your scores. Thanks for bringing me one step closer to the Golden Race achievement.

I tried out the classic controls...why the heck are people subjecting themselves to that? I can understand debating stick vs button controls, but classic actually hinders your ability to be great at the game.

Raxus

I tried out the classic controls...why the heck are people subjecting themselves to that? I can understand debating stick vs button controls, but classic actually hinders your ability to be great at the game.

Depends. For many that played Tricky on the PS2 playing on the PS3 controller the classic scheme makes sense. I dunno how anyone on 360 can use it, the sticks work just fine for me.

daemonic

Banned
Agreed. I was a huge fan of the classic controls but was struggling to get any decent scores. Switched over to standard just to give it a try and while there was a bit of a learning curve, I'm finding it a lot more intuitive. My scores are also a hell of a lot better since I no longer have to rely on the d-pad.

Depends. For many that played Tricky on the PS2 playing on the PS3 controller the classic scheme makes sense. I dunno how anyone on 360 can use it, the sticks work just fine for me.

I played on PS2, but it doesn't change the fact that classic hinders my ability to be really good at the game. And it's not like standard controls are hard to grasp. They're incredibly simple actually, and as was pointed out above they make it easier to trick.

I used the classic controls since day 1 and couldn't even pass the world tour, switched to standard controls and after a few runs of brain re-mapping I'm doing 10x better.

red731

Serenity Trick it FFFFUUUUUUUU!!!

Realy? First try 33thousand something and now I cant even get to that score and am stuck at like 25k... Ben652 aaaaaaaarrrrrrghhhhhhh

What music was playing...remember REMEMBER!

I love it ,but when I look at the clock I am amazed how many hours passed...

Also I am from EU and dont see anything about Travis Rice on FB page. So we cant get him....cool. And I was in such awe watching The Art of Flight. US...*sight

Agreed. I was a huge fan of the classic controls but was struggling to get any decent scores. Switched over to standard just to give it a try and while there was a bit of a learning curve, I'm finding it a lot more intuitive. My scores are also a hell of a lot better since I no longer have to rely on the d-pad.

You guys... With my classic controls I never used the D-Pad to prewind/Spin/Flip [360 dpad sucks], it actually lets me use the Left Stick for spinning and flipping which is .... SO GOOD [on my fingers]. jaja

Classic controls are what I've been doing so well with on my trick it and race it runs, I'VE NEVER EVEN TOUCHED STANDARD FLICK-IT CONTROLS [Never touched the right stick]. I like the tactile feel of the buttons for tricks for some reason.

Struct09

Despite playing tons of SSX and SSX3 on the PS2, the standard controls with buttons for tricks is my sweet spot for this game. It's awkward going back to the classic controls after getting used to the new standard controls.

balddemon

Banned
i want the original characters to be unlockable :( and some of the tricky and 3 chars too. luther and allegra would be awesome

also i've used classic controls for all my platinum and the one diamond times/scores i've gotten :p

i want the original characters to be unlockable :( and some of the tricky and 3 chars too. luther and allegra would be awesome

also i've used classic controls for all my platinum and the one diamond times/scores i've gotten :p

Viggo was my main in 3, (even though the vast majority seem to hate him) with Allegra as second. I absolutely hated Zoe when I played SSX3 but she's grown on me. But since neither Viggo or Allegra are available for me I had to use my third choice Moby as a main for racing. Started using Ty for trick it, he reminds me a bit of Viggo so it felt natural.

EDIT: I started out using classic controller as well, but switched to standard as it was more logical, my times and scores definitely took a hit in the beginning but it was totally worth it.

Is anyone else almost constantly board pressing in race it by the way? Someone in this thread said he did it so I tried it out, really helps a lot when there are long patches of flat/bumpy land, since tricky never stops.

Is anyone else almost constantly board pressing in race it by the way? Someone in this thread said he did it so I tried it out, really helps a lot when there are long patches of flat/bumpy land, since tricky never stops.

I've been doing this, but then I got a Legendary Level 10 Boost Board with Boost Perk which lets me hang onto Tricky/Super Tricky Time for much more time before I start to lose it... it helps since I can go faster when boosting alone/preloading.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i have two legendary suits - one has a boost perk and one has an extra tricky time perk

what exactly does a boost perk? faster boost or more boost?

Stackboy

Is there any way to add RiderNet rivals on 360 without adding them to your Xbox Live friends list? The 100 friends limit is bugging me.

colinp

Banned
I guess in having trouble increasing and keeping my combo meter... It seems to go down even when I manual with square or circle, right? How do you maintain it when you unluckily get in a place where there are no opportunities for mad tricks? Like a long cave or leading up to a jump...?

andylsun

Thanks for the tips on tricks earlier on. Getting around 7-8 million on some of the trick it courses and really enjoying it so far. Switching between World Tour and Explore modes.

I don't have any friends who have the game, so not sure how much I'm loosing out by not having the online pass at the moment. Might have to pick this up retail at the end of the week though.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I guess in having trouble increasing and keeping my combo meter... It seems to go down even when I manual with square or circle, right? How do you maintain it when you unluckily get in a place where there are no opportunities for mad tricks? Like a long cave or leading up to a jump...?

You don't need a ramp to pop off a quick front flip in this game. Trick off everything. EVERYTHING.

Hale-XF11

Here's what I'm looking at. This is my score on Bear Claw:

ssx01.png

I really wish you could set time of day on global custom events. Seems weird when the trick it is at day and the race it is at night, but for custom events it's always one or the other. Disappointing.

soultron

Banned
I really wish you could set time of day on global custom events. Seems weird when the trick it is at day and the race it is at night, but for custom events it's always one or the other. Disappointing.

Yeah, that option would be really nice.

So someone messaged me via RiderNet notifications tonight. (The little boxes that appear in the top left that update you on friends' scores/times and badges you earn) I'm still trying to figure out how to do that.

Hale-XF11

So someone messaged me via RiderNet notifications tonight. (The little boxes that appear in the top left that update you on friends' scores/times and badges you earn) I'm still trying to figure out how to do that.
I didn't even know that was a thing you could do.

JaseMath

Here's what I'm looking at. This is my score on Bear Claw:

ssx01.png

That's just embarrassing (on my part). For whatever reason, I thought you were someone else, even though your friend request clearly said you're Wiggler.

How many global events have you placed in the Diamond bracket? Only asking as you're consistently in the top 3.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Yeah, that option would be really nice.

The iPhone app?

Hale-XF11

It was one of the dev team so I'm assuming it's a button command that just isn't listed on the screen. I tried a bunch of stuff but couldn't figure it out.

That reminds me, I wish they'd flesh out the manual a lot more. At the moment, it's not nearly as helpful as it could be. It's missing a lot of information.

That's just embarrassing (on my part). For whatever reason, I thought you were someone else, even though your friend request clearly said you're Wiggler.

Ah, ok, hehe I thought that might have been the case, but wasn't sure.

How many global events have you placed in the Diamond bracket? Only asking as you're consistently in the top 3.

I lost count, honestly. I've been owning the global events there for days now, with the exception of one or two rivals (I saw one guy get :54) that show up around this time of night to play. I can play it over and over and over though and get huge bank as long as enough people are on.

My brother had his copy shipped to me because he is out of the country for a few weeks so I have been playing it. Bummer to find out that I can't get a few of the achievements and my Global Event earnings because I am not using his Online Pass.

Top Bottom