• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

Codeblew

Here's what I'm looking at. This is my score on Bear Claw:

ssx01.png

Are you Halleluja? I am Midboss. It is fun battling you guys in this thread but I am getting owned more than anything =) I just posted a time between the insane :58 and 1:17 score. I followed the Halleluja ghost to see what the hell was up with that time. I have wings that are highest in airlift. I am thinking maybe I need one with speed. I dunno.

Hale-XF11

Yup, that's me. We have some good rivalries happening on a few courses, I noticed. :)

Speed is good if you know you're gonna be winging it a lot, especially when taking those nosedives. Equip two mods of your choice if you can too.

equil

So I was in like 6 different global events last night, and i sign in this morning and non of them are listed...

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
So has anyone been able to use the iphone app for the PS3 side? I can sign into the xbox version no problem, but when I try PS3 it can't connect to the server.

bridegur

If we ever get a sequel, I hope they'll add some little touches to the environments. The only snowboarding game I feel that has really gotten that element right is still the original 1080. I'd like to see some wildlife, things going on in the background, whatever. Just something to make the world feel a little more alive.

FatBaby

Here's what I'm looking at. This is my score on Bear Claw:

ssx01.png

Dude, fuuuuuck this track. I was able to get my time down to 1:07 in Explore, and by some miracle I was able to beat you in the Global Event with a time of 55.89 or something (beating you by a .10 lol)

I have no idea if I will ever be able to do that again.

Hale-XF11

You will. Once you do it enough times, you'll be doing it in your sleep. Becomes almost routine. There's other routes to take too in order to get the same times. It's fun to mess around on and see which way is quickest.

Codeblew

Dude, fuuuuuck this track. I was able to get my time down to 1:07 in Explore, and by some miracle I was able to beat you in the Global Event with a time of 55.89 or something (beating you by a .10 lol)

I want to find an event on this track without a wingsuit. The track looks pretty fun as a normal race also. The wingsuit just kind of makes 80% of the track irrelevant. Not to say that the wingsuit version isn't fun as well.

Codeblew

If we ever get a sequel, I hope they'll add some little touches to the environments. The only snowboarding game I feel that has really gotten that element right is still the original 1080. I'd like to see some wildlife, things going on in the background, whatever. Just something to make the world feel a little more alive.

I disagree. I would like them to take us back towards classic SSX instead of wasting time on stuff that doesn't matter. I mean, if you are at 6k+ elevation with 5+ft of snow, there is basically no wildlife. Bears are hibernating and elk, deer, mountain lions, wolves, etc.. are at lower elevations. The predators may be rarely seen at higher elevations when they are traveling over mountains to get to the other side. Badgers are a whole different topic. Those guys are insane.

Numpt3

I disagree. I would like them to take us back towards classic SSX instead of wasting time on stuff that doesn't matter. I mean, if you are at 6k+ elevation with 5+ft of snow, there is basically no wildlife. Bears are hibernating and elk, deer, mountain lions, wolves, etc.. are at lower elevations. The predators may be rarely seen at higher elevations when they are traveling over mountains to get to the other side. Badgers are a whole different topic. Those guys are insane.

Yaks can live up to 18,000ft. Maybe they could include drops in the himalayas where you have to dodge/grind yaks? :p

Natural

Finished World Tour yesterday - fuck that last race, was more annoying than anything in that damn cave.

Only just scratched the surface, all the Global Events and Explore stuff to do, not to mention levelling up the characters and buying stuff (i've bought nothing at all so far).

I'm gonna add a few more of you 360 guys too, so if you get a request from I Kick Back I, it's me!

red731

I cant wait for the patch and what it will include.

People on forums(here and else) are listing the many shortcomings this game have -
like the absence of leaderboards for the best players and the need to have people we dont even know as our friends to have someone to compete with.

I hope that EAC is hardly working on many things that people suggested...
But I am scared that we will see it as DLC - hopefuly I am wrong.

Was there any word if RiderNet will have its own page like BattleLog for BF3 has?

ed: post under - YES

jkoch

Wow, that's a really interesting way to tackle online play :O

I'll be sure to check more of it out! Thank you soltron. Sorry for my ignorance btw :p

When I first learned about it I was disappointed that SSX wouldn't have splitscreen and real time online multiplater. But you know what, as an adult with kids, house, career, etc., it's getting harder and harder to organize multiplayer gaming sessions. I much, much, much prefer the online system they decided on. It would be nice to have both, but as it stands SSX multiplaer is amazing.

I cut my thumb while cooking a few days ago, which meant I couldn't play this game for a few days (lots of button pressing was re-opening the tiny cut). It's finally healed up enough to play again. Hurray!

Tawpgun

Motherfuck.

Why is it so damn hard to create a custom soundtrack for this shit?

I burned a CD with music but my 360 isn't giving me the option to put it on my hard drive...

Motherfuck.

I burned a CD with music but my 360 isn't giving me the option to put it on my hard drive...
Yeah you have to make a proper audio CD and rip it. It's a pain in the ass.

Then you have to make a playlist too.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Motherfuck.

do you have a PC with windows media player? make a playlist on that and you can stream it to your 360.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Finally had a few millions to safely spend around and joined the current 1mil drop GE. Gold bracket after a few goes with an estimated 3.9mil earnings. Modest earnings but it feels way too easy.

Tokubetsu

Finally had a few millions to safely spend around and joined the current 1mil drop GE. Gold bracket after a few goes with an estimated 3.9mil earnings. Modest earnings but it feels way too easy.

Welcome to the SSX Ballers Club. It's all easy money from here on out brother. Million + drops are seriously the easiest money if you are even halfway decent at the game (when I say this, im not talking just race and trick it, but survive it's as well). Drop costs that are below 400k simply aren't worth it to me unless they have a shit ton of players.

Picked up my copy today after playing the demo last night. I forgot how insanely fun SSX was. How do you unlock the character by inviting a friend. Are there any other unlockable characters?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Picked up my copy today after playing the demo last night. I forgot how insanely fun SSX was. How do you unlock the character by inviting a friend. Are there any other unlockable characters?

If you bought the game you have no reason to unlock the character in the demo. :D

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Welcome to the SSX Ballers Club. It's all easy money from here on out brother. Million + drops are seriously the easiest money if you are even halfway decent at the game (when I say this, im not talking just race and trick it, but survive it's as well). Drop costs that are below 400k simply aren't worth it to me unless they have a shit ton of players.

Survival and Race are my favorites, can't seem to get a grip on high-end tricking just yet. There's something really appealing about a never-ending run in survival, especially since it's always really crowded with other players so the mountain really feels alive.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Yea, I have 100 tracks even in my playlist now which meant burning 5 discs...
Heh, same for me, 5 fucking discs. But once "Return of the Mack" came on while playing as Mac I realized the fruit of my labor.

Top Bottom