• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: 'Arena Commander' Dogfighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Chris and Sandi are bagging on the Logitech joystick that I have is in their default control settings manual.

Sandi is flying a Mustang. Some screenshots:

H5LvuJs.jpg

wKNS3uv.jpg

Daedardus

Just announced on the stream. Whole game is a scam apparantly. Chris is now on the Caymand Islands with most of the pledged money. Ubisoft will take over development of the little they have of Star Citizen.

Zabojnik

Right in the feels. 2015 gonna be amazing.

Do you guys think there's a chance Saitek aren't making the SC HOTAS after all?

EDIT: Apparently Sandi said no Saitek a month ago? And now they're sharing a booth with Logitech ... interesting.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Yeah, that last trailer was pretty cool.

Arena Commander 1.0 patch launches in 15 minutes, BTW, in case anyone missed it.

It's grayed out for me =(

Did you request to join it when they launched the thread? The PTU was said to be a 1-2 week old build, 1.0 they just launched is the most recent though so it might be a good thing if you don't want to constantly download huge test builds every time a new one is released.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Did you request to join it when they launched the thread? The PTU was said to be a 1-2 week old build, 1.0 they just launched is the most recent though so it might be a good thing if you don't want to constantly download huge test builds every time a new one is released.

It says in the Arena Commander 1.0 post:

If your account is eligible, you can start the process under account settings in the My RSI > Settings > Public Test Universe panel.

So I did that and the option is grayed out. The post said nothing about requesting access in the comments below it.

But you're probably right ... my Internet speeds suck hard, so I'd never really get to play if I had to download new builds all the time. Just getting tonight's public release is taking forever — it's estimating another 8/12 hours (it's been at it for an hour now).

Gruso

Er.. is this new update re-downloading the entire game? it's like 18gb lol.
Seriously, I've taken to doing a fresh install whenever I want to fire this up to see how it's going (every few weeks I guess). Nothing worse than downloading 15GB+ patches only for it to error out!

RK9039

Seriously, I've taken to doing a fresh install whenever I want to fire this up to see how it's going (every few weeks I guess). Nothing worse than downloading 15GB+ patches only for it to error out!

Ah, I guess I'll do this. Just in case.

It says in the Arena Commander 1.0 post:

So I did that and the option is grayed out. The post said nothing about requesting access in the comments below it.

Just went back to look at the thread and it seems they locked it just to catch up on making accounts eligible for it and handing out keys. Sounds like they'll probably hand them out randomly from now on so there still may be luck for others.

epmode

Fuck, I shouldn't have requested to get into the PTU now I have to download 20Gb all over again

I missed that whole thing when I was at work. Is there any way to request this now or am I out of luck? I've certainly spent enough to get in to their crazy betas or whatever.

Hastati

Fuck, I shouldn't have requested to get into the PTU now I have to download 20Gb all over again

Also, they uploaded the Imagine Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJJ9TcGxhNY

It all looks really good, outside of some of their older player models (which already look better in the Mustang trailer)

but...I hope they start getting more creative with their npcs. They are all very boring, and there's also a distinct lack of racial diversity, or any kind of diversity. I'm sure that will change as soon as the persistent universe and the character creator launches, but considering these are marketing materials they could at least come up with some more interesting designs than Balding Old Man 1, 2, etc.

I missed that whole thing when I was at work. Is there any way to request this now or am I out of luck? I've certainly spent enough to get in to their crazy betas or whatever.

Don't think so according to this thread post from one of the devs but they still could open it up to people in the future. Keep an eye out under your account settings to see if the PTU opens up for you though.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/214242

It was just for some quick last minute 1.0 testing last night. As 1.0 is now released, you're not really missing out on anything. I'm sure they'll open sign ups again whenever they decide to put new things to test on the PTU.

epmode

I'm getting a connection error once I try to launch the game. The launcher itself connects to the servers just fine.

I suppose the servers are melting but I don't see all that many posts about the problem on the official forum.

edit: Loaded correctly when I tried 15 minutes later.

edit edit: Then booted me out two minutes after getting in to the hangar. I think I'll try again tomorrow.
Don't think so according to this thread post from one of the devs but they still could open it up to people in the future. Keep an eye out under your account settings to see if the PTU opens up for you though.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/214242

Thanks for the link.

I misread that as Persistent Universe test for some reason. :(

Well that would be amazing, but sadly no. There were some good things I got to see while playing it last night though like new character animations, EVA, laser pistol you can equip after ejecting, and a new pilot suit with new HUD in helmet which all looked great. Now to see if you can actually blow up a ship while shooting a pistol at it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Anyone ever experience an error like this? I sat through 20GBs worth of patching and now i can't get the game to start. There is one post on the forums about this issue but their suggestions didn't work.

KKRT00

I'm not saying they should made CR one of your wingmen in SQ42, but they totally should.

"Wingman, attack target."

"This is bullshit!"

lol, i laughed more than i should at this.

Quite underwhelmed by the new commercial in terms of character rendering

elyetis

Anyone ever experience an error like this? I sat through 20GBs worth of patching and now i can't get the game to start. There is one post on the forums about this issue but their suggestions didn't work.
Same here.

Already had to redownload everything once to even be able to patch the game, guess that wasn't enough.

Faith

Damn it, have to redownload the whole game.

Why am I getting 500-700kb/s eventhough having 150mbits internet connection?

Tommyhawk

Seems like they've planted a small secret.
Land on of of the landing-pads and then scroll the mouse wheel. You should get this here:

starcitizen2014-12-20gru42.png

Still getting this damn connection error. I just want to fly my Avenger..I'll even settle for the hangar at this point.

Just keep on trying. I need around 2-3 tries to get into the hangar myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom