• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox 64 3D |OT| Online? Can't let you do that, Star Fox!

d0c_zaius

the game is awesome.

The 3d effect is really clean, and besides a couple of times where objects behind the ship obscure things, its really effective.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Amazon just shipped my order. They gave me a $20 dollar bonus credit for some reason....didn't remember that being an offer when I ordered it. Weird. This happen to anyone else?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
SephCast said:
Amazon just shipped my order. They gave me a $20 dollar bonus credit for some reason....didn't remember that being an offer when I ordered it. Weird. This happen to anyone else?

Sure it wasn't from Deus Ex?

Mine still hasn't shipped, but I live close to an amazon warehouse so I'm not too worried.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Billychu said:
So you never asked for it?

I laughed harder than I should have at this

SephCast said:
I didn't order Deus Ex...

Just wondering, since thats the most recent case of "Oh hey Amazon gave me credit out of nowhere" that I'm aware of.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
SephCast said:
Is it just a general $20 or for 3DS games only?

EDIT: Double post. My bad.

Flying out of SFO tomorrow morning, would've loved to have this to play on the plane! Anyone know of any little shops in San Francisco that might be selling this early tonight?

Emitan

Luigi87 said:
200 Hits
, which I don't think it is possible to hit that on Venom 1 (not enough enemies).
Did they keep the unlocked charge shot bonuses? And holding L+R to disable locking? I think it's possible with those.

FyreWulff

Luigi87 said:
200 Hits
, which I don't think it is possible to hit that on Venom 1 (not enough enemies).

It's possible without the exploits, but you have to have a crapton of bombs to hit enough enemies fast enough.

LOL have someone had a look to challenge mode? Is this new, I dont remember it from the 64 version

There are like 3 medals for each level you can win. The requirement for the silver medal are usually the ones of gaining a medal in story mode, but the gold ones are CRAZY. The majority of times is 50 or 100 kills more than the requiremnte for getting a medal in story mode.

The funny thing is that Venom 1 the requirement for a gold medal is 180, while getting a medal in the game is 200.

I dont know if getting gold medals for all the levels in challenge mode unlocks something new.

PSGames

I freakin loved this game as a kid but refuse to pay $40 for a port of such a short game. Will jump in as soon as a deal becomes available.

CrisKre

Got it, and after a few hours I have to say its a slick and awesome polished remake, that perfectly translates for an incredible portable experience. The 3d is the best on the system yet hands down and, surprisingly, I'm keeping gyro on with 3d in place. Since the nub still functions, I use it to tilt up and down and it works wonderfully without breaking the effect. Some beautiful visuals as well.

fernoca

CrisKre said:
Got it, and after a few hours I have to say its suck...
:p

Guess you meant "sick", reading the rest of your impressions..

CrisKre said:
...and awesome polished remake, that perfectly translates for an incredible portable experience. The 3d is the best on the system yet hands down and, surprisingly, I'm keeping gyro on with 3d in place. Since the nub still functions, I use it to tilt up and down and it works wonderfully without breaking the effect. Some beautiful visuals as well.

Hoping I can get it tomorrow..or Saturday.

Araxen

Banned
Anyone else miss their SNES "voices"? It just seems so weird to me to hear them actually speaks words! lol

I miss the gibberish!

FyreWulff

Araxen said:
Anyone else miss their SNES "voices"? It just seems so weird to me to hear them actually speaks words! lol

I miss the gibberish!

Not really. Starfox 64 is rare in that almost the entire voiced script in the game is a quotable one-liner. I'm not even sure you could pull that off with a new game if you were intentionally going for it. And the voices are what made them so memorable.

Just tried to get it at my local 24 hr Walmart. Even though I saw a place on the shelf where it was supposed to go, Jim-Bob behind the counter said they're not carrying it in stores. Second time in two tries I've attempted to get a street-dated game from there this year, both times unsuccessfully. Although both times I suspected the people who "helped" me only went into the back to stall for time, then came back out shrugging their shoulders.

Sorry if anyone on GAF works there, but WalMart employs some of the stupidest and laziest people in the world.

Mafro said:
I wasn't expecting the raccoon in training mode to sound anything like that!
My thoughts exactly, the way he speaks when he mentions firing and detonating a bomb...saucy.

I've had to refrain myself from doing this in a single sitting like the olden days, I was overjoyed to discover that the Meteos Boss retains his awesome voice acting
Boss: "I CANT BELIEVE I LOST TO THIS SCUM!"
Fox: "sorry to jet but i'm in a hurry"

so good? yeah something like that.

Mafro

Nocturnowl said:
My thoughts exactly, the way he speaks when he mentions firing and detonating a bomb...saucy.

I've had to refrain myself from doing this in a single sitting like the olden days, I was overjoyed to discover that the Meteos Boss retains his awesome voice acting
Boss: "I CANT BELIEVE I LOST TO THIS SCUM!"
Fox: "sorry to jet but i'm in a hurry"

so good? yeah something like that.
Bwahaha I love that boss if you fight him without Falco.

"I admit defeat..."

*long pause*

"...IF THIS DOES NOT WORK"

So good.

Mafro said:
Bwahaha I love that boss if you fight him without Falco.

"I admit defeat..."

*long pause*

"...IF THIS DOES NOT WORK"

So good.

I inadvertently saved Falco in Corneria, blast my lockon catching the trio of chasers! you have no idea how much I wanted to just shoot him down to hear that quote but at least there is the compromise of...
"hah, you're not as stupid AS YOU LOOK!"

So far its ace and as I remember. I don't remember it being this hard though LOL. Well, hard in that my team mates are getting hammered for health all of the time!

Ace though :)

GooeyHeat

SpacePirate Ridley said:
LOL have someone had a look to challenge mode? Is this new, I dont remember it from the 64 version

There are like 3 medals for each level you can win. The requirement for the silver medal are usually the ones of gaining a medal in story mode, but the gold ones are CRAZY. The majority of times is 50 or 100 kills more than the requiremnte for getting a medal in story mode.

The funny thing is that Venom 1 the requirement for a gold medal is 180, while getting a medal in the game is 200.

I dont know if getting gold medals for all the levels in challenge mode unlocks something new.
Well, if I remember correctly, it was impossible to get an in-game medal on Venom 1, but Venom 2 counted for both, and you got, like, 50 points per Star Wolf member. But those gold medals sound like they could be, like, perfect runs.

Daaaaamn, can't wait to pick up my copy today. So much nostalgia~

Two of my favorite N64 games in the palm of my hand, fuck yeah.

Emitan

Mine is out for delivery!

Can't wait to get it
probably at 8 PM. Fuck you UPS, I still don't forgive you for how long it took for you to get Pokemon White to me

So I noticed that this remake takes a stage naming from Starfox Assault, that being the ice planet is now called Fichina instead of Fortuna, how odd.

Well i've done the basic bottom route through to Venom, looking forward to going through to Macbeth, best alternate stage ending of the lot.

Top Bottom