• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Battle on Takodana. Non-helmet version too (but it seems the hooded kylo is still exclusive to his shuttle).

I don't like the hooded Kylo minifig so no loss there. Also, TR-8R minifig!

Wanderer5

Well to add to a good note to the end of the year, The TIE Advanced Prototype is up and it looking great, along with the Inquisitor

TIEadv_zpswvn1llc9.jpg

20151231163334_zpstbkrk6jf.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Got Black Series 1/12th scale Sheev and Luke (Stormtrooper) for $30 total. Deeper and deeper...

TAJ

About time. I'm honestly stoked for when they get to Rey and Finn.

The Hasbro Finn is fine. (and has dipped to $13) The Rey.. lol. I can't believe people are paying $50 for that pile of crap.

Zombine

Banned
Not a whole lot of traction on when the half dozen or so SH Figuarts toys will go up for preorder? Seems like it's been forever since they announced Han, Chewbacca, Luke(ANH), Mace Windu, General Grevious, C-3PO, and R2-D2.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Has anyone of you Star Wars Revell Kits? I am interested in Darth Vaders Tie-Fighter Set Nr. 06655 but cant decide betweem Lukes X-Wing Revell easykit 06656 or Poes X-Wing with the number 06692.

Has anyone those sets at home and can make some pictures for me? I dont want to buy them based on the shopped marketing pictures.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Has anyone of you Star Wars Revell Kits? I am interested in Darth Vaders Tie-Fighter Set Nr. 06655 but cant decide betweem Lukes X-Wing Revell easykit 06656 or Poes X-Wing with the number 06692.

Has anyone those sets at home and can make some pictures for me? I dont want to buy them based on the shopped marketing pictures.

No one? :/

Tom_Cody

No one? :/
I looked into those a few months ago and simply decided to take a pass. What I actually wanted was something akin to figuarts/sideshow but for vehicles: very high quality, very detailed. I looked at tons of pictures of the Revell models as well as youtube videos but, for my purposes, they just don't fit the bill. As far as I can tell, the only people they make sense for is existing fans of plastic models who enjoy the painting side of things.

To feed my Star Wars vehical hunger, I ended up going in the direction of Metal Earth and Lego. Not apples to apples at all, but I just like those products more.

TAJ

I don't remember seeing this here...
Bandai's 1/12th scale poseable model kit of Phasma.

http://postimage.org/
Their R2-D2/BB-8 2-pack is out now and selling for $30 shipped to the US.
These kits don't require paint, but it can help.

Talking about the Kotobukiya ArtFX+ line. The Finn and Rey haven't been announced yet.

:)

I was aware of that.

I looked into those a few months ago and simply decided to take a pass. What I actually wanted was something akin to figuarts/sideshow but for vehicles: very high quality, very detailed. I looked at tons of pictures of the Revell models as well as youtube videos but, for my purposes, they just don't fit the bill. As far as I can tell, the only people they make sense for is existing fans of plastic models who enjoy the painting side of things.

To feed my Star Wars vehical hunger, I ended up going in the direction of Metal Earth and Lego. Not apples to apples at all, but I just like those products more.

There's always scratch-building, like the original props. :p It's a lot easier these days.

TAJ

The Bandai kit is supposed to come with a second cape made out of cloth but I haven't seen it in pictures.

Oh man, you guys didn't tell me this was a thing:
Sh8fhFS.png

Does anyone know if it's good? Should I get it?

I had a look through one the other day. It's pretty short for the price and there isn't a wide range of vehicles as there aren't in the film but it's still pretty decent. The art book and visual dictionary are better purchases if you want more detail.

Yarbskoo

I had a look through one the other day. It's pretty short for the price and there isn't a wide range of vehicles as there aren't in the film but it's still pretty decent. The art book and visual dictionary are better purchases if you want more detail.

Okay, thanks. I'll take a look at the visual dictionary, but from what I remember they tend to examine the props and characters more than the vehicles and sets.

EDIT: Toys in the mail.
taeQ52H.png

I'm sure my parents are considering treatment options.

EDIT The Sequel:
zrD8ubx.png

I sure wish it was as bright in person as it looks on camera. I also wish there was a way to turn off the sounds. The speaker is Wii remote-tier.

Rootbeer

Banned
If you liked The Force Awakens, definitely get these books:
Incredible Cross Sections
Visual Dictionary
Art of The Force Awakens

Also upcoming... (much later this year):
The Making of The Force Awakens

Glad people are liking the Cross Sections book! They aren't very long, but you can spend a lot of time looking through the great detail of the pictures and soaking in the little trivia nuggets. It's all approved info by the Story Team too.
My Ronin Boba Fett came yesterday as well.
Got mine in November (I think? or was it December, lol), I also got the Death Star Vader, which is the second one they released which comes with an extra sword too.

sw_mr_item_main.png

I don't know how much further I will follow this line... for me it's really the kind of line where you only buy your absolute fav characters, I'll stick to the Figuarts line for everything else (and the cheaper Black Series line). I'm curious to see how they interpret Kylo Ren and Phasma, that's for sure.

Cathcart

Damn it. Was trying to avoid this trap, but I saw the movie today and have fallen back down the Hot Toys rabbit hole. Ordered a FO trooper and a squad leader along with Kylo Ren from Sideshow. Also pre-ordered Rey/BB-8.

Yeah I kinda want to get Kylo and preorder Rey but the thing that's saving me 500+ dollars right now is that Rey doesn't come with a lightsaber and I'd want to set them up in a duel.

Yarbskoo

I visited a couple of flea markets in Florida during the holidays. Lots of action figures, but I only found six Action Fleet ships, three of which were still in their boxes. I guess these things weren't as popular as I thought. Maybe that's why Hasbro hasn't brought them back.

Anyway, it's time to look at the Action Fleet Gungan Sub.
eaGqxmr.png
0i760lh.png

Being a water based vehicle, the sub doesn't need landing gear. Instead, the toy has some wheels on the bottom that spin the propeller. A neat idea I guess, though the wheels on mine are squeaky.
jjKUp53.png
b7Do7gx.png

The canopy opens up to fit one figure. I wish the junk in the other two bubbles was removable to seat two other figures. The Qui-Gon figure is pretty much the same as the one that comes with the Republic Cruiser, except his head and arms are in a different position. Because of this, Qui-Gon has an unfortunate seam down the center of his face.
St47zm8.png
OFKUnPY.png

The toy is pretty light on features, but I like the design of the sub itself. I wish we'd seen more of Otoh Gunga. It was pretty much just a pointless diversion in the film, and never really showed up again in video games or anything, except the Episode 1 game.

TAJ

Yeah I kinda want to get Kylo and preorder Rey but the thing that's saving me 500+ dollars right now is that Rey doesn't come with a lightsaber and I'd want to set them up in a duel.

Unfortunately for your wallet there are ways to get that lightsaber. I think the cheapest is Luke in his Hoth outfit at around $200.
There's a similar situation at 1/12th scale where the cheapest way to get that lightsaber is the Black Series 2-pack of Hoth Luke and a wampa.

RyanW

Got my Galactic Connexions that are exclusive to Subways in Walmart. That slick jabba green:

s-l300.jpg

The only other exclusive one I need is the one that came with Star Wars Battlefront if you bough it from Walmart. Will then start to work on Series 2

Hagi

That looks really nice. I wish I had the skill/patience for those kits.

The only skill you need is being able to follow picture instructions. Those revell kits really are the simplest of snap kits you can buy. It would probably take you 5 minutes to put it together if you weren't planning on painting or doing other detail work.

Yarbskoo

The only skill you need is being able to follow picture instructions. Those revell kits really are the simplest of snap kits you can buy. It would probably take you 5 minutes to put it together if you weren't planning on painting or doing other detail work.

With Action Fleet MIA, I guess I could consider getting some of these to represent the new film instead. How big are they? Do they usually have enough detail out of the box to not look horribly unfinished? Do they come with any display stands?

Boke1879

Had to stop by Walmart so I went to look and see what they had. Shockingly I actually found something good, including Phasma stuck behind some boxes, lol.

Is that a new Ren figure? I don't remember it coming with two sabers. Also yea I need that Han. I know they have Stormtrooper Finn out as well. I think the Flametrooper and Jango Fett is coming out with this line as well.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That looks really nice. I wish I had the skill/patience for those kits.
Oh, its pretty easy, I spend 1 hour and it was a set for beginners, Level 2 of 5. You dont need any glue or paint and the manual is very detailed. Its a little bit more difficult then Lego because you can break parts easier.

Vyer

Is that a new Ren figure? I don't remember it coming with two sabers. Also yea I need that Han. I know they have Stormtrooper Finn out as well. I think the Flametrooper and Jango Fett is coming out with this line as well.

I guess I read that the 3.75" line is like a Walmart exclusive now? But yeah it looked like this was a new release. I didn't see Jango but I saw the Flametrooper and got real close to getting trooper Finn but I kind of reached my limit lol

Had to stop by Walmart so I went to look and see what they had. Shockingly I actually found something good, including Phasma stuck behind some boxes, lol.

What do you think of the Han figure? Definitely planning on picking one up if I see it. The OT Black Series Han is one of the best Hasbro have released in my opinion.

Boke1879

I guess I read that the 3.75" line is like a Walmart exclusive now? But yeah it looked like this was a new release. I didn't see Jango but I saw the Flametrooper and got real close to getting trooper Finn but I kind of reached my limit lol

Welp I better start making the rounds at my stores lol. If all those are legit out in the wild it's time to get them lol. But damn my funds are low at the moment. My birthday is on Thursday so I know I'm getting money from the residents at my job + random friends. But I plan on getting the Figuarts Kylo Ren with all that lol.

Top Bottom