• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Vyer

What do you think of the Han figure? Definitely planning on picking one up if I see it. The OT Black Series Han is one of the best Hasbro have released in my opinion.

Pretty nice so far. A little odd they didn't go full grey but I guess they didn't want to go that old. :)

One of the issues I usually have with Black Series figures are the human faces. While still not 'good' exactly, I will say old Han here is probably one of the better jobs I've seen Hasbro do.

Pretty nice so far. A little odd they didn't go full grey but I guess they didn't want to go that old. :)

One of the issues I usually have with Black Series figures are the human faces. While still not 'good' exactly, I will say old Han here is probably one of the better jobs I've seen Hasbro do.

Agreed. The female characters definitely get the short end of the stick too. Finn and the Resistance uniform Poe are good but Rey looks iffy.

Zombine

Banned
SH-Figuarts-Star-Wars-Reveal-001.jpg

I want to preorder these figures so badly. I'm surprised the turnaround time from prototype to preorder has been so slow for the Star Wars line.

Edit: Not to mention Jango Fett, Episode II Obi-Wan, General Grevious, Episode II C-3P0, and...a few others.

Boke1879

SH-Figuarts-Star-Wars-Reveal-001.jpg

I want to preorder these figures so badly. I'm surprised the turnaround time from prototype to preorder has been so slow for the Star Wars line.

Those figuarts look amazing. I'd probably get the Droids and luke out of that line initially. The quality does look good for such quick turnaround, but I'd assume at this stage SW merch has a high priority. The fever is high for this stuff.

Zombine

Banned
More old pics:

SH-Figuarts-Star-Wars-Reveal-004.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Star-Wars-Reveal-003.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Star-Wars-Reveal-007.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Star-Wars-Reveal-009.jpg

Seriously want them all. These were taken wayyyyy back in October and we've only just been able to
Preorder Mace Windu. I want to give Bandai all my
Money.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Plenty of them are avaiable on Amazon.de, they cost 35€
Of course you have to pay taxes and shipping, but at least you can get them.

Boke1879

More old pics:

SH-Figuarts-Star-Wars-Reveal-004.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Star-Wars-Reveal-003.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Star-Wars-Reveal-007.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Star-Wars-Reveal-009.jpg

Seriously want them all. These were taken wayyyyy back in October and we've only just been able to
Preorder Mace Windu. I want to give Bandai all my
Money.

The figuarts and Black series line are more my thing because they are cheaper lmaoo. I'd love to have money for the Hot Toys line but it's just so much money. The only Hot Toy i'm getting is the Phasma figure but I'd love to get the Finn and Riot trooper as well.

I like the Figuarts line because of the articulation. But yea Black series and Figuarts are my go-to now.

Zombine

Banned
The figuarts and Black series line are more my thing because they are cheaper lmaoo. I'd love to have money for the Hot Toys line but it's just so much money. The only Hot Toy i'm getting is the Phasma figure but I'd love to get the Finn and Riot trooper as well.

I like the Figuarts line because of the articulation. But yea Black series and Figuarts are my go-to now.

I can't even look at the Black line after getting into SH Figuarts. I stood a Black Stormtrooper next to SH Figuarts Stormtrooper and it was like night and day. No comparison at all.

Boke1879

I can't even look at the Black line after getting into SH Figuarts. I stood a Black Stormtrooper next to SH Figuarts Stormtrooper and it was like night and day. No comparison at all.

Yea I started collecting the Black series line of TFA when they were first released so I'm kinda vested and I just need to complete it lol. But yea I just recently started looking at the Figuarts line and the quality is better.

Just ordered a First Order ST, and right now I'm looking at ebay for Phasma and the Kylo Ren Figuarts. The prices seem fair the only downside is it seems to take a while to get to you. Which is fine. Wonder how legit they are.

Zombine

Banned
Yea I started collecting the Black series line of TFA when they were first released so I'm kinda vested and I just need to complete it lol. But yea I just recently started looking at the Figuarts line and the quality is better.

Just ordered a First Order ST, and right now I'm looking at ebay for Phasma and the Kylo Ren Figuarts. The prices seem fair the only downside is it seems to take a while to get to you. Which is fine. Wonder how legit they are.

If you preorder them when they land on www.amiami.com they are roughly $40, but if you pay the $20 for EMS shipping you'll get it from Japan 3 days after you order. $60 isn't a bad deal. You usually save around $20-30 what Big Bad Toystore is selling their stock for.

I'd buy the figuarts if I didn't have to import them. I've never actually imported anything before so I'm worried I'll get charged some ridiculous amount.

I'm still really happy with the Black Series. I can usually get them for a decent price and the overall quality's pretty good, though I'm selective with the ones I buy. Kylo and Phasma look great.

Zombine

Banned
I'd buy the figuarts if I didn't have to import them. I've never actually imported anything before so I'm worried I'll get charged some ridiculous amount.

I know you're UK so there may be some weird fees or whatever, but in the US when you preorder from AmiAmi it's a breeze. "Preorder" the figure and pay 0 dollars, when they get the figures in they tell you to make your payment (Paypal), it's all calculated for you and they ship it almost moments after you pay and then it arrives at your house a few days later. I'm wicked impatient so I pay the $20 for shipping.

I know you're UK so there may be some weird fees or whatever, but in the US when you preorder from AmiAmi it's a breeze. "Preorder" the figure and pay 0 dollars, when they get the figures in they tell you to make your payment (Paypal), it's all calculated for you and they ship it almost moments after you pay and then it arrives at your house a few days later. I'm wicked impatient so I pay the $20 for shipping.

Sounds pretty simple. I might just try it once and see how it goes.

Boke1879

So it's best to use Paypal with Ami? I'm US so I know if I use my debit card the bank most likely won't approve the transaction unless I call.

Hagi

I'm still really happy with the Black Series. I can usually get them for a decent price and the overall quality's pretty good, though I'm selective with the ones I buy. Kylo and Phasma look great.

You are pretty much guaranteed to get custom charges ordering via Amiami unless you go SAL shipping but it's worth it imo the quality of the figuarts Star Wars line is heads above Black Series. Parcelforce is the fucking worst because they have a flat £13 admin fee so even if your custom charges are only 2 quid it goes up to £15 because of those tossers. Nippon Yasan mark packages down if you ask but I don't think it's as easy to preorder things from them like it is Amiami unfortunately.

Boke1879

If you preorder them when they land on www.amiami.com they are roughly $40, but if you pay the $20 for EMS shipping you'll get it from Japan 3 days after you order. $60 isn't a bad deal. You usually save around $20-30 what Big Bad Toystore is selling their stock for.

Is EMS usually the way to go when it comes to amiami orders? Which one would you say is the economy shipping? Or since I'm US is it just best to go with EMS?

Bii

Is EMS usually the way to go when it comes to amiami orders? Which one would you say is the economy shipping? Or since I'm US is it just best to go with EMS?

I'm in US and usually opt for registered SAL. It's cheaper and it takes about 3 weeks for orders to arrive but I'm usually in no hurry to get my stuff. If my order is too large for SAL, it defaults me to EMS.

Boke1879

I'm in US and usually opt for registered SAL. It's cheaper and it takes about 3 weeks for orders to arrive but I'm usually in no hurry to get my stuff. If my order is too large for SAL, it defaults me to EMS.

I see. And do you usually select the paypal option? How does that generally work for you? Right now I have my bank and debit card linked to paypal. Will they usually be able to take the funds from my bank account if it's set up that way? OR will I have to add the funds to paypal first?

Sorry for the questions lol but I want to get figures from amiami. The prices are reasonable enough.

Cathcart

Unfortunately for your wallet there are ways to get that lightsaber. I think the cheapest is Luke in his Hoth outfit at around $200.
There's a similar situation at 1/12th scale where the cheapest way to get that lightsaber is the Black Series 2-pack of Hoth Luke and a wampa.

Yeah, and I think the Hot Toyz Finn also has it. I guess I could just put him face down off to the side...

It's the most convenient and safest. SAL is ok but it takes forever.

Standard SAL Registered is fine if you're the patient type. If you're shipping more than one item, EMS may be your only choice if the package is over a certain size/weight. Never ever ever ever use SAL Parcel.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

To me the Black Series Stormtrooper clearly looks better than the Figuarts Stormtrooper but has inferior articulation. The helmet is the most important part and it just looks goofy on the Figuarts.
I'm assuming you meant OT Stormtrooper since you didn't say First Order.

Zombine

Banned
Standard SAL Registered is fine if you're the patient type. If you're shipping more than one item, EMS may be your only choice if the package is over a certain size/weight. Never ever ever ever use SAL Parcel.

You have trained me well Freeza-San. Remember the old days where I had no idea what I was doing?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I normally only see one or two Finns in a store, or more commonly, absolutely nothing.
Tonight was not a normal night. They had five Kylo Rens, a Rey, a few First Order TIE Pilots, a few Resistance Troopers and Chewbacca.
I'd never seen Kylo except in photos and it saved me a lot of money (that would have gone towards the Figuarts) seeing it in a store. I don't know if they improved the manufacturing or if the photos I'd seen were bad but it looked fine in person except the way the three lightsaber blades bleed together. (They even got that right on the non-Black 3.75" Kylo, but not this. WTF)
I bought the two Kylos with the best-looking paint, one for me and one for trade bait, bought the Rey to trade, and picked up a TIE pilot. IDGAF about the trooper. Already have the OT Chewbacca. Have Finn.

#WheresRey?

#HeresRey

http://www.ew.com/gallery/gallery-star-wars-force-awakens-wave-2-toys
“This should begin to make things right.”

Those are the first words spoken in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and they also apply to the new wave of toys and merchandise that begins rolling into stores this month, many of them prominently featuring Rey, the scavenger-turned-hero whom fans have been missing.

This gallery includes 22 exclusive images of new Star Wars toys, but those who’ve been following the #WheresRey controversy on social media may be most interested to see how Daisy Ridley’s character is represented – especially since she was left out of a few early products, like the Target collection of figures and The Force Awakens Monopoly game (which annoyed even director J.J. Abrams.)

“This new wave of product has got key elements from the film. You see Rey with a saber, her blaster, and a number of other elements we wanted to hold back until the film had been released,” says Paul Southern, head of Lucasfilm licensing. “The timing is good to try to address some of the social discussion that has been created through the ‘Where’s Rey?’ movement.”

Fox Mulder

I normally only see one or two Finns in a store, or more commonly, absolutely nothing.
Tonight was not a normal night. They had five Kylo Rens, a Rey, a few First Order TIE Pilots, a few Resistance Troopers and Chewbacca.
I'd never seen Kylo except in photos and it saved me a lot of money (that would have gone towards the Figuarts) seeing it in a store. I don't know if they improved the manufacturing or if the photos I'd seen were bad but it looked fine in person except the way the three lightsaber blades bleed together. (They even got that right on the non-Black 3.75" Kylo, but not this. WTF)
I bought the two Kylos with the best-looking paint, one for me and one for trade bait, bought the Rey to trade, and picked up a TIE pilot. IDGAF about the trooper. Already have the OT Chewbacca. Have Finn.

The regular black series kylo ren has a shitty lightsaber. The Kmart exclusive starkiller base variant has a correct one. I have no idea why.

Boke1879

Where did you plan on getting the Kylo figuarts?

I just got my free Rey poster in the mail. It was a gift from Disney Movie Rewards when I linked my Fandango account. It is small but nice. However, the ham fisted person packaging it slightly tore and crumpled an edge when stuffing it into the shipping tube! Argh!. I sent an email so hopefully they'll sent a replacement, but it was free so I can't complain too much (did pay for shipping though)

FI0wep2l.jpg

TAJ

Where did you plan on getting the Kylo figuarts?

I wasn't sure. I was going to ask here, lol.
There aren't any that I'm interested in currently. I'd buy Rey if they did one. I'm thinking about importing four Bandai model kits, though. First Order Stormtrooper, (comes with a movie-accurate, articulated riot baton, windowed shield and rifle + stock and it's cheap) Artoo, Threepio (fully chromed) and Phasma (fully chromed).

Bii

I see. And do you usually select the paypal option? How does that generally work for you? Right now I have my bank and debit card linked to paypal. Will they usually be able to take the funds from my bank account if it's set up that way? OR will I have to add the funds to paypal first?

Sorry for the questions lol but I want to get figures from amiami. The prices are reasonable enough.

Don't think anyone answered you but yes, I usually select Paypal as my payment option. I've tried my debit and credit cards before but it would get declined and I would have to call my bank to authorize the transaction for it to go through. The only downside with Paypal is that their conversion rate is slightly higher vs using a credit/debit card. And yes, having your credit/debit card linked to Paypal should be fine.

TAJ

Don't think anyone answered you but yes, I usually select Paypal as my payment option. I've tried my debit and credit cards before but it would get declined and I would have to call my bank to authorize the transaction for it to go through. The only downside with Paypal is that their conversion rate is slightly higher vs using a credit/debit card. And yes, having your credit/debit card linked to Paypal should be fine.

Wow, that sounds like some Superman III shit.

Rootbeer

Banned
anyone order the Star Wars The Force Awakens 3.75-Inch Figure Troop Builder 7-Pack [Amazon Exclusive]

just wondering if it's worth it =)

It is. The problem is a lot of the figures have already had single carded releases, so many people already own several of the figures included init.

But, if you don't, then yes get it if it interests you. Just keep in mind those are the 3.75 inch figures with 5 points of articulation. Basically, Hasbro's standard 'basic' action figures for Star Wars.

I can only speak for myself, but I tend to prefer the 6" scale figures for the better articulation. I do have a number of the 3.75 figures though.

Top Bottom