• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws has gone gold

I'm sure this will be a fine game, but I just can't get myself to be excited for another Star Wars game at this point, at all.
At least this is another one for people who ennoy the gun aspect of Star Wars. I've always been more of a fan of the light sabers though.

Having Jedi and this game with be a nice one two punch. As well as Battlefront 2015 if you ever want to replay some movie esque sceness like the battle of Hoth and Endor.

ZoukGalaxy

Can't wait for the "Day One Patch" is REQUIRED as well as an active Internet connection announcement to launch and PLAY a single player game.

Bored Cat GIF by STAGEWOLF
Cats Yawn GIF

Sethbacca

Definitely gonna get it, just a question of whether I'm bored and have money when it drops or if I want to wait 2 months for it to drop to $40 as almost always happens with Ubi titles.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Is this a new thing? My two most recent ubisoft games from this year are Prince of Persia and Assassins Creed Mirage. I don't recall any large updates.

No. Seems to be more of a case by case. AC Valhalla and Far Cry 6, while having the base game on disc (hopefully) its post launch updates basically makes the disc worthless because they add so much additional content and patch works. Star Wars seems to be the same thing given the different tiers you can pre-order it from. AC Mirage and Prince of Persia seems to be fully complete experiences, without post launch updates, therefore a physical copy makes more sense (if you like physical collecting that is). The internet requirements for a single player game is also a warning sign, either the game ships unfinished or incomplete on disc with a day 1 update or the game is connected to their Ubisoft account linking. I almost always buy Ubi games digitally just because of this.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Was going to sub to uplay for this game but after doing that with avatar, I am going to pay the full price for this game. yes, avatar wasnt particularly a good game but it was a next gen game that actually did next gen things. I ended up buying avatar last month to support the devs who went out and made next gen only game. Hoping this game is better than Avatar but I am willing to spend the $70 on a flawed game as they have taken that risk so many third and especially first party devs did not.

I haven’t been following this game at all, I just pulled up the trailer and oh my jesus. I have to see these scenes in person cause there’s no fucking way, the shadowing, reflections and polygons are unbelievably good.

50Fh3zd.png

7Kuvj3h.png
mELw9sY.png
eeOl29a.png

The environment meshing in the first screenshot is a massive jump over current retail games.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

Was going to sub to uplay for this game but after doing that with avatar, I am going to pay the full price for this game. yes, avatar wasnt particularly a good game but it was a next gen game that actually did next gen things. I ended up buying avatar last month to support the devs who went out and made next gen only game. Hoping this game is better than Avatar but I am willing to spend the $70 on a flawed game as they have taken that risk so many third and especially first party devs did not.
At worst you'll probably get great world design and exploration, and okay but not groundbreaking gameplay typical to Ubi games. I figure the worst part will be the typical bloat that comes with their titles. If you're a Star Wars fan you'll probably get your money's worth out of the exploration alone. I didn't finish either of Oddyssey or Valhalla, but I spent enough time with both that I feel justfied with my purchases. At least that's the mindset I'm going in with.

Meicyn

Gold Member
It’s Massive, so it’ll be another B tier title gameplay-wise with solid S-tier audio/visual tech. Kinda like their Division games and Avatar. They’re Ubisoft’s best studio IMO and despite my reluctance of the protagonist in Outlaws, I think we’re in for an 80s metacritic score kind of game.

I bought Sony’s Bravia 9 TV that accurately displays up to 3000 nits with no tone mapping and The Division 2, a now 6 year old game, still looks and sounds better than a lot of current gen games. They future proofed it too, the lighting is mastered to 3000 nits. It looks incredible, borderline cinematic in many missions. Especially in their Warlords of New York expansion that is now 4 years old. Their heavy use of spotlights and colored lighting does quite a lot. It’s incredible how they made the game look and run so well with the Xbox One and base PS4 as their limiting platforms.

Honestly, I’m excited to see how they reuse the tech they built for Outlaws and Avatar into The Division 3. Sucks that Series S will likely hinder them, but we will see!

salva

I'm still cautiously optimistic with this one. Keen to see actual game play reviews closer to release.
The recent star wars content junk on Disney Plus has really tarnished the brand.

simpatico

Aside from Siege addicts, do you guys think there’s a guy out there whose main gaming platform is UbiConnect? Just lives for the yearly Assassins Creed, has a Far Cry tattoo. Unironically thinks Watch Dogs is an all time great franchise. Has a 170 hour Avatar save and hundreds of UbiConnect friends? I mean, for a company the size of Ubisoft there has to be at least one right? You’d think there would be thousands.

Madflavor

Gold Member
You know this may sound crazy, but would you believe that once a upon a time, Star Wars used to be cool? People even considered it good.

You know this may sound crazy, but would you believe that once a upon a time, Star Wars used to be cool? People even considered it good.
That would be pre 99, the prequels sucked and that was all George Lucas; every Star wars fan seems to suck this guys nuts..but he had almost nothing to do with ’Empire Strikes Back‘ or ‘Return of the Jedi’; Irvin Kershner directed the second, and Richard Marquand the third. They hand him control and it turns to shit like ’Howard the Duck’.

Last edited:

Vitter.

This game seriously needs to be one of those that are a blast from the start, no slow build up. So like an action film with those 10 min opening sequences that go nuts but make it first 2 hours.

Top Bottom