• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws | Review Thread

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
From IGN's review....

I Like Big Hutts and I Cannot Lie​

Frustrated Here We Go GIF by Sesame Street

yeah-that-brothers-starving-starving.gif

Sethbacca

I'm looking forward to playing, didn't preorder the fancy version to play 3 days early so I'm waiting with the scrubs till the 30th I suppose.

Denton

More videogame junkfood from Ubisoft, as expect. But for 20 eurobucks, I will try it out. It can't be more boring than Avatar, can it?

jm89

Maybe reviews aren't the best judge of how the story is.

But reading anything about that story is putting me to sleep.

Ozzie666

Not sure why people are bitching? Scores seem pretty okay? Did anyone really expect and 8,9 or 10 games? It should do reasonably well with Star Wars name.

saintjules

Gold Member
All big releases this year were from freaking asian developers.

Incredible how western studios have been pumping mediocre games.

I would not be surprised that investors are pressuring western devs to get games done quickly so they can get their money back.

BlackTron

Not sure why people are bitching? Scores seem pretty okay? Did anyone really expect and 8,9 or 10 games? It should do reasonably well with Star Wars name.

Yes some people here expected a game they would be proud to preorder for day one and if you suspected it would be a mid game worth getting for 15 bucks after updates you're a shit Star Wars fan that wants the IP to fail

Woopah

All big releases this year were from freaking asian developers.

Incredible how western studios have been pumping mediocre games.
Wouldn't count it as big, but Ubisoft put out Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown this year and that game is fantastic.

Karak

I honestly enjoyed it, at times, way more than I expected. But mission hard fails and a story that just was WOW not enticing held it down, as well as some crashes and a friggen savegame bug. BUT I do feel this one will hit a bit better than I expected across actual gamers.

cormack12

Gold Member
I honestly enjoyed it, at times, way more than I expected. But mission hard fails and a story that just was WOW not enticing held it down, as well as some crashes and a friggen savegame bug. BUT I do feel this one will hit a bit better than I expected across actual gamers.
Is it true you can't reset the stealth once broken and it's an auto fail?

sigmaZ

Jedi Fallen Order and Survivor are excellent.
Yeah. After reflecting on things, I've noticed that all the Star Wars that I found the coolest and appealing all had a darker more somber tone.
The Empire Strikes Back
Rouge One
Andor
The Jedi games.

So far, this gives a more "What should I have for dinner?" kind of vibe. I dunno til I see more.

As expected, it sounds safe, somewhat short for an open world, and the usual all-around Disney-style safeness that has made Star Wars into something that's still fine, but maybe just a bit boring.

Last edited:
Top Bottom