• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws | Review Thread

phant0m

All big releases this year were from freaking asian developers.

Incredible how western studios have been pumping mediocre games.
No name Chinese studio plops out Black Myth as their first game - it’s gorgeous, competently designed, and doesn’t treat the player like an ATM

Western devs: you guys like the same slop we’ve been giving you for the last 7 years right? Here piggy piggy….

MiguelItUp

It's that Ubisoft touch, can't say I'm surprised.

I may still check it out through Ubi+, I mean, it seems fine, and I love Star Wars, lol. $18 seems like enough to see if I enjoy it or not.

cormack12

Gold Member
Eurogamer gave it a 2? The same guy that gave suicide squad a 3? Lmao.

Yeah Right Smile GIF by Apple TV

Astray

This might be a game I pick up on a nice discount to play on console.

Easy game that you can play while relaxing after a long day.

Definitely not a day 1 purchase though.

GHG

Gold Member
Not surprised by this outcome at all.

Looked like it would end up like this during whatever conference it was last shown at. Never passed the eye test in uncut gameplay scenarios.

Will wait for it to be $10 on Steam in a few years. Don't care to play this now with so many other games to keep me occupied.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Man, mid 70s is always the worst review score.

If it’s like 89, hey it’s probably a good game, I’m glad this got made.

65: wow this is a piece of shit and I can have some fun mocking it.

76: mostly just apathy

Reactions: GHG
Ubisoft games should only be comped against other ubisoft games (how is this new ubisoft game fare against this other similar ubisoft game from before). Then ubi formula lovers at least can have some information whether a game is worth it or not.

For the rest of us, it's always wait for 10 bucks or lower.

b0uncyfr0

Meh, not surprised.

They had a gameplay showcase last year. It looked clean AF and pretty alright but when i saw the new gameplay last month, i knew that was some hardcore vertically sliced content. Never a good sign.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Might pick this up in 3 months once the technical issues have been patched and the PS5 Pro solves the performance issues...
Yeah same. Allowing patches was the worst thing to ever happen to gaming because now companies just shovel them out and fix it later. It’s unacceptable to me that their sole job is to release a fucking game that plays on a console without issue and nobody can do it anymore

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Still gonna wait for hands on impressions from people here.

If anything space marine 2 is next week and I could just get that which is looking to be a GOTY contender.

Certinty

The reviewer was actually questioned about this:
aN4DBRb.jpeg
I mean, I haven't played Outlaws but he's not wrong about Suicide Squad. As meh as that game is in almost every way, the movement and combat is pretty damn great and satisfying. Just looking at videos of Outlaws, it doesn't even look fun in that same way.

PeteBull

Gold Member
4/10 from eurogamer makes sense, i remember digital foundry complaining they didnt get free disneyland trip for preview like many other outlets so was expecting proper review from eurogamer/DF w/o pulling any punches like they usually do ;)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Soft locks that break game progression late in the game, yikes.

Hopefully day / week 1 patches address shit like that.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Best review I found.

Idc about reviews but Im at work and watched this dude because he genuinely shows stuff and jesus, the facial animations, we laughed at it, but its much more awful lmao. Space Exploration is just looting crates and shooting a few ships. Combat is pretty much a mess and stealth is half-baked. This should be a fucking a 5 at best. Not gonna bother with uplay+ either.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’ll play it on which ever subscription service it hits first, ps+ or game pass. Or never. No biggie.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Idc about reviews but Im at work and watched this dude because he genuinely shows stuff and jesus, the facial animations, we laughed at it, but its much more awful lmao. Space Exploration is just looting crates and shooting a few ships. Combat is pretty much a mess and stealth is half-baked. This should be a fucking a 5 at best. Not gonna bother with uplay+ either.
Yeah her facial animations look silly, and they still didn't fixed the terrible takedowns animations, none of them.

Top Bottom