• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Biggest theatre chain here is doing 13 screenings a day across 3 screens on opening day (wednesday 16th)... Haven't seen that with any other movie. From 9:45 to 22:45 there's a screening every hour. Don't know how that compares to US standards, but for Belgium this is a lot.

2011ENR.png

Is it going to be nigh-impossible to get a seat at a regular 2D showing opening weekend if I show up 1/2 hour early?

Depends on the theater, timing, etc. If you're in a major city looking for a seat at primetime on Saturday? No chance. If you're in the middle of Idaho looking to catch a matinee - you'll likely be okay.

But don't bother risking it. Throw down your cash now, alleviate all worries. Fandango even does refunds now, so it's a minimal risk purchase.

Sanjuro

Anyone Boston-GAF know if Jordan's IMAX in Natick is going to put up tickets tonight?

They don't usually do it at the very same time as others. However, it is probably the theater to sell out the quickest. My best advice would be to sign up for their newsletter. They usually email promptly.

At the top of the screen there is a SIGN UP FOR IMAX UPDATES.

Rayme

I live in California but will be in Orlando when the movie opens. Thinking of going for the event at Disney Springs (formerly "Downtown Disney", I guess?).

Is this... is this a fool's errand? I wonder if I'll even be able to get enough tickets for us all. Guess we'll see. =p

mattp

also wow lol they...are doing a lot of screenings the day before

the theater by my office has 15 times for the 17th

Sanjuro

I'm closer to the IMAX at Jordan's in Reading. You bet your ass I'm looking for first night tickets at that theater!

I also recommend for people in the area to check the Providence IMAX if you are mobile. They use movietickets.com and are likely to go up more promptly. They also do assigned seating.

Natick/Reading/Providence are the only non LieMax theaters in the area FYI

Wow, is the Odeon site still taking a beating?

It isn't. At least I don't think it is. Their servers or w/e are clearly in some sort of "State of Emergency" mode and haven't been turned back to normal. I doubt they are getting as pumelled as the morning.

I got to the payment a few times and it never went through. I should have just decided to do the Leicester Square earlier.

Just need reassurance that Row E will be ok and I will rest easy.

philipnash19

Neo Member
Booked my tickets for here in Ireland earlier today, get to see it at 00:01am on the 17th, and paid €0 for the ticket cause of rewards points ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Was stuck trying to book tickets on my mobile and missed out on midnight 17th tix. In a way I'm glad as I'd much rather not be tired as fuck... but still. :(

Got tix for opening day evening.

Cheebo

Banned
Why are people worried if theirs is not on movie tickets.com? That site is not universal. Only some chains use it. My main two do not. One uses Fandango for example.

Miami gaf got info for Kendall regional and the marathon. So the marathon will air the day before on dec.16th starting at 4am but it won't have episode 7, you get a ticket for the following day to see it. It will cost $50. They can't say when tickets go on sale, corporate activates it. There will be reserved seating for IMAX and RPX.

Miami gaf got info for Kendall regional and the marathon. So the marathon will air the day before on dec.16th starting at 4am but it won't have episode 7, you get a ticket for the following day to see it. It will cost $50. They can't say when tickets go on sale, corporate activates it. There will be reserved seating for IMAX and RPX.

Wait, the marathon doesn't conclude with an airing of Episode VII? Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose?

xJavonta

Banned
UK tickets went on sale, US tickets go on sale sometime during Monday Night Football.

oh thank fuck, thought I would be out of luck for a second.

Anyone know where we can preorder them? Is it fandango? I've never done a preorder before but I know my local theater does sell tickets via fandango.

Fandango, Movietickets.com, Tickets.com (some IMAX, like my Udvar Hazy theater). So, a couple places depending on who their dealer is.

Anyone know where we can preorder them? Is it fandango? I've never done a preorder before but I know my local theater does sell tickets via fandango.

Fandango will be doing early sales, keep an eye on this thread for when it goes live.

Boke1879

It'll definitely be up on Fandango. Just keep an eye on this thread. I know I am.

gotoadgo

IMAX Sydney's site crashed so tix only became available 50 mins after they were supposed to.
I was trying from about 7:55 and finally got my tickets at 8:45. I knew it was going to buckle being the only IMAX in the area. I only wanted the opening week though so Saturday at 6pm it is! 2nd to back row too so viewing will be ideal.

Toothless

Yes, talked to my prof and now I'm heading home the evening of December 17 instead of December 19's morn. December 18th opening night tickets will be mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom