• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

Because IMAX Sydney fucked up their website, I ended up pre-ordering a ticket from another cinema for the 19th Dec. I'll see it on IMAX on Boxing Day. Can't believe I pre-ordered 2 sessions for this. I hope this is good.

JTripper

So will the advance tickets being sold tonight only be for theaters who are participating in the special event stuff or will it be most big chains despite of their location? Like there are 3 pretty big regal theaters near me who aren't doing the special event stuff, but again, they're big regal theaters.

Is the picture for imax 3d weird for people with non-stereoscopic vision? That's the only thing stopping me from the marathon aside from getting tickets. I've read that it just looks 2D but does anyone have experience with this?

So will the advance tickets being sold tonight only be for theaters who are participating in the special event stuff or will it be most big chains despite of their location? Like there are 3 pretty big regal theaters near me who aren't doing the special event stuff, but again, they're big regal theaters.
You should be fine. All advance tickets will be sold.

overcast

So, approximately how much of this movie was shot in Imax (with the cameras)? Thinking of driving 30 minutes to the real imax for a better experience if that's the case.

So for screens with reserved seating, what will happen when thousands try to get online and all pick the same seats to reserve. I assume you will end up in an endless loop of "seats are currently unavailable" over and over again until maybe you get lucky.

Mr_Fern

Neo Member
I pre order two days already, one for the evening show and another for the next saturday and i'm planning to see it at least two more times or more... man i'm such a nerd.

TL21xx

Banned
Crap, the only real IMAX theater close to me is showing this in 2D only. Ah, well.

Dude, you have the better presentation. Episode VII was not shot in 3D, nor was 3D kept in mind at any point in its development. It's just a conversion. Enjoy the massive screen!

ViciousDS

Banned
nothing on amc or fandango yet

nope but ESPN has that teaser to the trailer running during commercial breaks lol....its such a tease.

I got all excited and thought they were showing it early until it immediately ends and says tune in tonight XD

edit: some of the scenes were done with IMAX cameras

a916

Um whoa, are people really selling out in 20 minutes? Age of Ultron had tickets available weeks later in Canada for midnight...

*sigh*... this is going to be a battle.

Just got tickets for Carindale, Brisbane, Australia. Pretty disappointed most the cinemas are only showing it in 3D for the midnight session but I guess it's to be expected. $26 a ticket is fucking ridiculous but at least I got decent seats. The CBD sessions were pretty much all full. Didn't think Event would have put the tix up for sale before 9am!

ViciousDS

Banned
Movietickets.com.

They popped up just not too long ago, not sure why this early. Seats are going fast for 7PM showing.

how the fuck do they have access when fandango doesn't? I'm a little sketch'ed. are movietickets reliable?

there seat charts are really, really bad lol

FTF

I see times for all the theaters in my area (NY) on movietickets but you can't buy them yet :/

Also not up on Fandango yet. Let's go Fandango, hurry up!

sphagnum

Banned
Must be some kind of fluke, right? I searched for my local theater and all of the other theaters around me except the one I want to go to are there but already sold out, while the one I like isn't even listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom