• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTripper

What the fuck? Why are they already sold out everywhere on movietickets.com? I mean, it also has screenings listed for the Friday and all show times are crossed out. I thought only Thursday night opening tickets were selling? Something tells me the tickets aren't actually on sale yet, at least near my location.

This reeks of a publicity stunt. All the listings are up, yet very few can even get as far as to see seating charts. But hey, now everyone is visiting movietickets.com and that's great for them.

JTripper

I see times for all the theaters in my area (NY) on movietickets but you can't buy them yet :/

I'm looking at NY theaters as well. Are the showtimes crossed out for you or just not listed at all? If the times being crossed out means that they're sold out, I call bullshit.

ViciousDS

Banned
yes...........something is fishy with movietickets.com

even the AMC site that's not accessable officially says this

Tickets for Star Wars: The Force Awakens 3D will be available for purchase on Monday, October 19, 2015, beginning at 7PM PST/10PM ET

but yet you can grab them on movietickets? hahahaha

it seems you are paying a site in hopes they get the tickets for you!

I'm going to hold out and wait.....theres something fucked up going on.

I'm thinking movietickets.com is a fluke, as the same theater and showtime on Fandango give me a message that specifically says tickets will be available at 7PM PST/ 10PM ET.

Edit: Same as above.

FTF

I'm looking at NY theaters as well. Are the showtimes crossed out for you or just not listed at all? If the times being crossed out means that they're sold out, I call bullshit.

They're crossed out but only because they haven't started selling them yet.

On my Northern VA theaters, the links were able to be clicked maybe for a couple minutes, now everything is struck out. So, guessing we're just seeing the sausage being made by the webdevs.

Doesn't matter, I'm holding out for Alamo. Then a couple theaters on Fandango. Then the Movieticket ones.

ViciousDS

Banned
omg ESPN you douche bags!!!

Black screen

lightsaber noise

no video ever pops in

after 10 seconds

TUNE IN TONIGHT!

motherdick!

ezekial45

Banned
Showtimes for my area just popped up. I'm gonna be F5ing at 7PM to get the seats I want. My IMAX theater in SF has reserved seating.

Managed to get three tickets to the local Regal while the purchase link on movietickets was still active, Only way I could make the purchase was with paypal. Thirteen seats already gone.

ViciousDS

Banned
I just now figured out that movietickets accidently launched ticket sales early....oops lol

because all of them were sold out despite the tickets being available for the last 2 hours and not a single seat taken......yes, they dun fucked up

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
oh really? Is that why they are selling tickets before the official theatre websites are?

It's a jointly owned venture between multiple theater chain owners, including Hollywood Media Corp, National Amusements, Cineplex Entertainment, Marcus Theatres, Regal Entertainment Group, Viacom, and Time Warner that has been around since 2000. It's not a third party site, it's a direct purchase service owned by the theaters themselves.

Obviously someone threw the switch early, but if your theater is on there and you can buy a ticket, do it.

Gonna TRY and book 3 showings at the only theater here with reserved seating. Then the rest of that week I'm just gonna watch it at the small theater down the street. I know I'm gonna be watching this movie so many times.

I don't care!

ViciousDS

Banned
It's a joint venture between multiple theater chain owners, including Hollywood Media Corp, National Amusements, Cineplex Entertainment, Marcus Theatres, Regal Entertainment Group, Viacom, and Time Warner. It's not a third party site, it's a direct purchase service owned by the theaters themselves.

Obviously someone threw the switch early, but if your theater is on there and you can buy a ticket, do it.

I just wish there seating charts were a lot more accurate.....they are really, really bad lol

Movietickets shows buy for my regal and all show times are crossed out, like it's sold out or something. It's the same for every theater that has the buy icon.

ViciousDS

Banned
don't forget theatres add more time due to demand down the road.....they will bump other movies to basically one showing if they need to, because if the tickets are selling they want it on as many screens as possible.....so this is just the first wave of tickets.

I know my theatre has 16 screen and only a total of 4 times are there.....I remember for furious 7 they also only had 4......by the time Friday night came they had a showing every 15 minutes.

don't forget theatres add more time due to demand down the road.....they will bump other movies to basically one showing if they need to, because if the tickets are selling they want it on as many screens as possible.....so this is just the first wave of tickets.

I know my theatre has 16 screen and only a total of 4 times are there.....I remember for furious 7 they also only had 4......by the time Friday night came they had a showing every 15 minutes.

Yea most movies aren't allocated screens so soon. Theaters will be adding more screens

So just an actual note I'm seeing on a ticketing page now. This is for R/C Theaters in mid-atlantic region.

"Tickets for Star Wars: The Force Awakens An IMAX 3D Experience will be available for purchase on Monday, October 19, 2015, beginning at 7PM PST/10PM ET"

ViciousDS

Banned
yes....movietickets are doing something on their end.......because the showings that were cross out....can now be clicked and have NO seats taken lol

I don't think anyones orders are going to be taken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom