• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Just talked to my local carmike theater. They said they will be doing reserve tickets but he said he was unsure of the time. He seemed like he know when they were doing it but kept it a mystery for some odd reason. Either way he said he's sure they are taking them today.

Cheebo

Banned
How does Sculli know when Avatar is invoked? No matter the thread within an hour or so of the first time someone mentions Avatar he pops in the thread. It's remarkable.

Symphonic

december 17th over here. (UK)

ordered my ticket for that day @ 11am. hype. I've also got tickets booked for the weekend too with my mates, but I want to watch it by myself in the studio viewing with a beer first.

I mean when do ticket sales for US go up. Sorry, should have been specific.

You guys think 8 and 9 will make more or less than 7? Hard to say at this point I guess and some of that depends on 7's reception, but I wonder if 7 being the first new one in 10 years will have any impact.

ShutterMunster

I think Star Wars will outdo Jurassic World and Titanic. I remember calling Avatar's box office success, but I'm not as bullish on Star Wars: The Force Awakens. It's definitely taking the opening weekend crown. No doubt about it. $215-225 million.

Boke1879

You guys think 8 and 9 will make more or less than 7? Hard to say at this point I guess and some of that depends on 7's reception, but I wonder if 7 being the first new one in 10 years will have any impact.

It will definitely depend on how well this movie does. This movie has all the hype surrounding it so I would assume it'll be the highest grossing movie of the 3. But we'll see.

xRaizen

The sequels will wholly depend on how good this one is. If this one sucks on a large magnitude, 8 won't touch it. 9 maybe, since the end of the trilogy is usually good.

That's not to say they won't make money, I'm pretty sure 8 and 9 will still make a ton of money regardless of quality.

Less. Star Wars hype peaks with this film. They'll still be box office monsters, but this is gonna be at another level entirely.

I honestly don't know. I see the Stories ones doing less than the main at least opening but I bet they will all do about the same throughout their runs. It's hard to judge without recent numbers though.

Prompto

Banned
Similar to Empire Strikes Back and Attack of the Clones, I expect 8 to make less than 7. 9 might make more depending on how well they've built up the story and the reception of 7 and 8.

Rich!

fucking hell, I booked off 17/11/15 from work and not 17/12/15

what made me think it was november? ah well, I'll have to sort it tomorrow.

fucking hell, I booked off 17/11/15 from work and not 17/12/15

image.php

Cinemas here are starting screenings from 12am, not just doing midnight screenings. You can literally go to a 2am and 4am screening here lol.

So glad to hear this. I'll be trying to book the midnight screening when tickets go on sale this morning. We only have Village Cinemas here, so hopefully they are doing it.

so what's the consensus on how to best get the marathon tickets? someone mentioned fandango as you can save your cc info in there, but will they be selling the marathon tickets themselves? or should i camp out at the theater's website and mash f5?

Blader

For all the bullshit with movie theaters, moving midnight screenings up to 7pm was such a welcome decision. I like the atmosphere of midnight movies, but the next morning feels like a mini hangover, and you can barely remember the film anyway.

I remember seeing TDK at midnight, then starting a new job just hours after that for what turned out to be a 12 hour shift. Felt like death.

TheXbox

Less. We've seen this happen twice now in two Star Wars trilogies. One bad, one good, same result. The first episode will always make the most money, by virtue of it being new and different and wildly exciting. Plus I foresee some mad Star Wars fatigue setting in by the time Episode IX rolls around, which apparently is not that far off.

Abounder

Banned

Ep8 will make much more. China will be invested into the franchise especially after Rogue One, and the summer box office release should do better domestically

a916

You'll know if it has a chance at beating Avator or Titanic if it doesn't have a 50% box office drop, if it can manage something ridiculous like 20 or 30, then, it'll catch Titanic...

Avatar opened well enough, but those 4 weekends, it dropped so slowly, the second weekend was like a 1.7% slip.

Good find.

Interesting that at the theater nearest to me (Regal Brambleton Virginia), IMAX 3D, regular and 3D shows are staggered. 7:00, 7:30, and 8:00. So may be targeting that 7:30 showing from the looks of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom