• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my 2 tickets for for IMAX 3D on Dec 17!!! But I'm confused why is the movie playing a day early now?

It officially opens on the 18th, which means midnight on the 18th is the opening, but in the past few years big movie openings at big theater chains have been held a few hours earlier as well, so that theaters can meet the demand. So even though it's supposed to be opening on the 18th, many theaters these days are showing it at 7ish and 10ish on the 17th as well.

Magwik

Banned
Got my two marathon tickets before everything went down, woo.
Now I just need to figure out when this starts (it says late Wednesday night at 1am so that's confusing trying to decide if it is Wednesday at 1am or Thursday 1am) but YESSS

Fandango is as dead as a doorknob, but I managed to get tickets for my parents and brother through the Cinemark website. Thank goodness for in-house ticket selling!

Chairhome

By freak stroke of luck, our regal (true imax) was the only one not showing on fandango. The 10 people who waited in line for a few hours (me included) were able to secure a bunch of tickets. I feel like its black friday and i am victorious!

KevinG

Got two IMAX tickets at a theater an hour and a half away (Sarasota). There's an IMAX closer but I feel like this theater is "safer" considering the rise of gun violence in the Fort Myers area. I think it makes my wife feel better about doing an opening night showing.

Noks415

Anyone in NYC able to get tickets for AMC on 84th and Broadway? That theatre wasn't available when I checked ,but Lincoln Square and others were. 84th is my go to, just wanna make sure im not missing out. thanks guys

Magwik

Banned
Okay more I think about it the less sense the marathon timing makes, because they way it reads that would mean Ep. 7 premieres on Wednesday so I guess "late Wednesday night at 1am" means just Thursday

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

2 tickets for a 1900 showing on the 17th! leather recliners with in theatre food and drink service, HERE I COME!

Blunoise

It officially opens on the 18th, which means midnight on the 18th is the opening, but in the past few years big movie openings at big theater chains have been held a few hours earlier as well, so that theaters can meet the demand. So even though it's supposed to be opening on the 18th, many theaters these days are showing it at 7ish and 10ish on the 17th as well.

Ah I see thanks. I was just hoping I wouldn't get screwd come the 17

ViciousDS

Banned
RIYDMk4.png

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11171-1390414625-5.gif

Barrington giving no fucks

Evo X

Got two reserved seats dead center in the back for IMAX 3D using Fandango!

Never seen a Star Wars movie, but getting caught up in the hype. I'll be sure to catch up before December.

When does this movie take place chronologically in the series?

Got my confirmation from AMC at least, glad I caught it before the site died. It's the only place to get tickets at the local theater with recliners and assigned seating.

I *REALLY* want tickets to the 10:30 as well, but the site is deader than dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom