• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViciousDS

Banned
1) You still have to wear the glasses (a pain if you already wear glasses like me)
2) The image is much darker than it would be in 2D due to the projection technology

I mean sure, the screen is bigger, but I'd rather just not deal with the bullshit and watch it in 2D.

kind of figured there was a catch for them since they are only $8 lol

Rootbeer

Banned
Siiiigh.

Well I had to compromise and go to a much later show than I wanted...

but I got my IMAX 3D reserves tickets for Thursday night... in a really good seat. Catch is I won't be able to see it at 7PM or even 10:30PM due to my lateness... it's an even later showing so T__T Oh well, could be worse...

Excited as hell still

Toothless

I just wanted to see it in 2D on a normal screen because I figure this'll be my first time seeing Star Wars on the big screen; I should see it the classic way.

IMAX 3D will be for the rewatch.

Meia

I had the tickets in my basket, clicked to go to checkout, and endlessly recycling for 30 minutes. This is fun. :\

kris.

Banned
Oh my god as soon as I hit Confirm Order on Cinemark's site, the site dies. Goddammit, Star Wars.

edit: nvm finally went through WE SEEIN STAR WARS FAM

kendrid

Banned
That was as bad as I thought it would be. Took me forever to buy the reserved seats I wanted, and they're not perfect.

EDIT: I got through on the Fandango iOS app, and even that was a struggle.

Even a less than perfect reserved seat is better than first come first served. I saw episode 1 first come and I end up in the front row. I never really saw the movie until it was on DVD.

Ashhong

Plenty of seats available for IMAX 3D in Socal. Got to pick my two favorite seats. 44$ for 2 tickets is fucking ridiculous though...ugh

TheXbox

When's the last time there was such an absurd demand for OW tickets this far in advance? Like, holy shit. Websites are crashing, every IMAX ticket for opening night is gone. Is this kind of unprecedented? (or am I just out of the loop)

a916

RIYDMk4.png

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11171-1390414625-5.gif

Barrington giving no fucks

Wow, that's a lot of showings...

Toparaman

Banned
Boy, did they fuck up or what? Thank god I took a break from work to double check whether any other theaters started selling early. Got a perfectly located reserved seat for Friday. The thing is, it says the purchase happened at 7:24pm, when it really happened at 5:24pm (pst). I wonder if the theater's ticket servers are the root of the fuck up.

fenners

Come on, Alamo. I can see all your showings (all the way up to January 1st) & you let me choose the number of tickets... But I wanna choose seats & give you money too! ;)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man, there's only one theater here in NYC i Want to watch it at, and it's sold out through January 2nd. Stopped looking. Guess I will have to settle for a different theater.

Me and my friends ordered our tickets for the 10:20pm showing on the 17th, so excited!

Guess I'm not going to be in for student teaching that friday :D

Come on, Alamo. I can see all your showings (all the way up to January 1st) & you let me choose the number of tickets... But I wanna choose seats & give you money too! ;)

Yeah, they're getting fucked right now. Got to the tickets screen once and now I keep getting Database errors.

ViciousDS

Banned
IMAX sold out on me while i had like 10 tabs open trying to get ONE ticket. what is this bullshit. its 2015.

fandango won't even load now

you coming over up to Crystal Lake here in Illinois?

not even sure where you would be coming from.

But if you don't get tickets before that trailer showing its going to be a bitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom