• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJavonta

Banned
IMAX sold out on me while i had like 10 tabs open trying to get ONE ticket. what is this bullshit. its 2015.

fandango won't even load now

Got two reserved seats dead center in the back for IMAX 3D using Fandango!

Never seen a Star Wars movie, but getting caught up in the hype. I'll be sure to catch up before December.

When does this movie take place chronologically in the series?

How???

It's last chronologically.

Tanston

I thought only 3d was showing on the 17th but a local theater had both 2d and 3d for sale for the 17th so I snagged some 2d. Very happy about this.

Got my 2D tickets through Cinemark's site for the 17th! Assuming I enjoy it enough to warrant another viewing, I'll probably try seeing it in 3D or 3D IMAX later on.

Ominym

Banned
Austin was up for a little while. Had showtimes but they just gave database errors if you clicked them.

Sort of new to this, they're currently building the Alamo I'm hoping to go to so I didn't know if it was more of an issue with my theatre not having opened it up or Alamo as a whole.

Cheebo

Banned
Has a movie ever shut down freakin' Fandango before?
I suspect this is the first time, I ordered opening tickets for first showings of recent big films in the online pre-order era like the final Harry Potter, The Dark Knight Rises, etc...never seen sites crash before.

pwack

Chicago GAF-- roosevelt icon has a bunch for sale. Have to select date first from main page. No special SW section.

Chris R

wait.....they make 2D glasses for those that don't want to deal with that bullshit?"

I need to look into this!

1) You still have to wear the glasses (a pain if you already wear glasses like me)
2) The image is much darker than it would be in 2D due to the projection technology

I mean sure, the screen is bigger, but I'd rather just not deal with the bullshit and watch it in 2D.

Tadale

That was as bad as I thought it would be. Took me forever to buy the reserved seats I wanted, and they're not perfect.

EDIT: I got through on the Fandango iOS app, and even that was a struggle.

telasoman

Yep, zero issues with Cinemark. I like how they don't use MovieTickets/Fandango for ticket ordering.

Cinemark's site worked perfectly. Looking at the showings now there still tickets for showings available for each showing... guess I didnt need to jump on it so fast.

I live in Phoenix though.... theres a lot of people here.

ezekial45

Banned
I ordered my tickets for the IMAX Metreon in SF, but I just found out now that the Alama Drafthouse SF will open the same weekend for Star Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom