• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downhome

My theater isn't even listed on the Fandango app, but I know good and well it should be because I've bought tickets on there before. That is really, really weird.

ViciousDS

Banned
Cool. They are going to have a huge mess with double/triple/quadruple sold seats.

See when I did it earlier I accidentally froze on the 6 seats I was buying. I went to go buy them again and they were actually X'd until the server finally DC'ed that connection. I honestly don't think anyone has bought tickets at crystal lake because it's not available on fandango and people here have also cross referenced tickets seeing there seats the moment they pop on fandango already gone. It might not be that bad

Dug

Banned
Got a ticket off the mobile Fandango app! It errored due to inactivity on the processing screen but I got a confirmation email so I'm gonna assume it went through.

I managed to snag a ticket through the Fandango mobile app before everything completely failed. It was chugging, but I got through. Decent seat, though I'm not sure the chart was working correctly. I'll take anything at this point though. Just glad I got through.

The hype is too damn real.

chidrock

Shit...I've been trying to order tickets on AMC's website over and over and it kept telling me it expired and kicked me out.

I just looked at my inbox and I have two confirmations that my orders went through. Plus I finally got an order through to another theatre.

Wtf?

I have never ever seen anything like this for any movie. Every website selling tickets is fucked up due to internet usage.

This is smashing records.

It has a chance to break records.

But this hype I still think is nothing compared to what the hype was for Episode I.

We have a chain by me called Look Cinemas that has powered reclining chairs and really nice theaters. Only been to it once to see the last MI in July but it was a really good experience. Anyway, saw all the Star Wars madness going on on social media and decided to see if I could get a ticket for myself. I don't want to have the thing spoiled and in this day and age with social media it will be ruined if I wait a week unless I avoid the internet (which I can't do). So luckily I just got a ticket for the Thursday showing, probably owing to it thankfully not being as mainstream. Glad I didn't have to go through Fandango.

Jarmel

Banned

But this hype I still think is nothing compared to what the hype was for Episode I.

This has got to be close. I mean all the websites are essentially dead and this is before the trailer drops.

The trailer hasn't even dropped yet and this is how thirsty everybody is.

Episode 1 hype and specifically the build up was unlike anything I had seen. This one by design is far more subdued. Episode 1 marketing was non stop, this has been quiet until now. It will build fast as it reaches release. Still once it hits I feel it will explode more than episode 1. It's the Original cast, this movie will have everyone seeing it.

pargonta

aw man, i have to go to the box office or the kiosk to actually get my tickets, movie tickets.com.. i wonder when i can go do that?

i've never done this online before, thought it would be like concert tickets as a pdf.

but got my ticket for the 18th woo!!!

D-Stubbs

Just bought a couple tickets for the Wherenberg theater in my town. It's weird, they had it listed as an Imax showing but I know they've never shown an Imax movie on the mega screen there. Or maybe they have and I just never knew about it. Whatever then, Imax or not I just wanted to see it opening night on the mega screen so got what I wanted.

NYR

FUCK YEAH

CALGARY IMAX 3D CHINOOK

7:00 THURSDAY

DONE!!!! 2nd person to buy, only 4 tix were sold when I logged in one row above me, dead centre!

sV4B3vz.png

Snaku

Banned
Got tickets at Alamo Drafthouse opening night. Shit was crazy, had to drive to the theater for them and the line to buy was out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom