• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Century theater near me (Coachella Valley in SoCal) used to do assigned seating for their XD screen, but they stopped. Must have confused the seniors.

My preferred IMAX theater claims to offer reserved seating, but I attempt to buy tickets to different IMAX showings and it never says anything about reserved seating. is that normal?
http://www.fandango.com/edwardsontariopalacestadium22imax26rpx_aaedm/theaterpage?date=10/18/2015

Some theaters have reserved seating that you have to configure at the physical box office itself.

The AMC Dine In Theatres let you choose the seating on amc.com / fandango.com though:
http://www.fandango.com/amcdisneysprings™24withdineintheatres_aabnu/theaterpage

Anth0ny

i've actually never seen the OT in theatres before, so I'm looking forward to this marathon, even if it's the special editions

They're not even the "Special Editions" anymore, though. There's not even a name for them.

Hell, I think you can't actually see the Special Editions unless your theater has a 35mm projector. Pretty sure there isn't a DCP of them, just the prints.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
They're not even the "Special Editions" anymore, though. There's not even a name for them.

Hell, I think you can't actually see the Special Editions unless your theater has a 35mm projector. Pretty sure there isn't a DCP of them, just the prints.
How Orwellian

Blues1990

I'm down for this, but I'm not going to bother watching the prequel movies. I'll definitely stay with the anticipation of watching Star Wars, Episode IV-VII on the big screen for the first time. :3

I'm also glad that the Scotiabank Theater in downtown Vancouver will be playing this, as it will be less likely that I'll see people that I know that will make me unhappy.

JimiNutz

Banned
I went on the BFI IMAX site this morning and I couldn't find anything to suggest that tickets were going on sale this morning at 8am.
The only thing they are advertising is Spectre!

Are we certain BFI IMAX tickets are going on sale at 8am this morning as OP states? Has anyone got a link that confirms it?

Toparaman

Banned
If you guys are getting AMC tickets, keep in mind that the AMC phone app is way faster than the AMC website - just make sure to enter in your Credit Card beforehand if you haven't already. Fandango is also usually reliable and works with AMC too.

Fandango as in the app or the website?

Tirod

Anyone doing the marathon is spectacularly crazy and I'm slightly envious of you.

I remember doing a marathon of the Toy Story movies at the AMC in downtown Disney when Toy Story 3 was coming out and I wanted to die halfway through Toy Story 2. :lol

You have my respect.

This will be me, when the tickets go online!

tumblr_m9zj24S9bZ1qcakl4o1_r1_500_zpseaacb353.gif

Joeytj

Banned
Tickets are now on sale!...

In Mexico. Cinepolis and Cinemex jumped ahead and started selling them at midnight, Mexico City time:

news_photo_68271_1445236938.png

And yeah, comes out on the 17th over here, so showing are on the night of the 16th really.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
My local independent cinema put up tickets an hour earlier than the UK time so I jumped straight on to their midnight screening. No sense waiting around for Empire to release theirs when I wasn't sure if they were doing a midnight one or not.

Now we wait...

mr-paul

I bet by the time the site starts working again my ticket will have expired from my basket and some other bastard will snap it up. Come on internet!

BraXzy

The Odeon UK site is getting rammed at the minute, nothing is loading and when it does my session has timed out FML.

Please have seats left at IMAX Manchester.

mr-paul

I BLOODY GOT ONE!

Seat J18, BFI IMAX, MIDNIGHT SHOWING!

That was almost as stressful as getting Glastonbury tickets.

Try the app if you're having no luck, that's where I got through!

//ARCANUM

Damn. Really wish USA had their tickets up at midnight.

Waiting...

We're still operating under the idea that USA tix will go on sale after the trailer airs on Monday night football tonight, right?

Edit - checked the statement on star wars.com and it just says "tomorrow" so I guess they could go live at any time...

so, i really want in on that marathon event. problem is, the 17th is at the tail end of my finals week. my last final is that thursday, and ends at 12:30, and then i'd have to travel two hours back home for the holidays, which means i'd miss at least one, if not two, of the movies i would be paying for.

BUT

i could also just stay in my college apartment, watch the marathon at the theater in town that's showing it, and then leave to go home at like 2 in the morning or whenever the marathon ends.

BUT

this all also depends on pricingadn the time it starts. if it's like $100 for a ticket i'm not so sure it would be worth it, plus i might miss ep I if it starts too early (which isn't that big of a deal tbh...) i'd also need to get in before they all sell out, which isn't a guaranteed thing.

hmmm....

BraXzy

If it helps the screening i'm looking at in Printworks was completely empty still.

I've managed to get to the seat selection for 9pm on the 18th, so far not too many seats are booked, maybe 20 or so thank god.

Now to see if it'll load the checkout..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom