• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emdeepee

Odeon android app worked for me fine just now, three tickets centre screen at Manchester Printworks Saturday afternoon. Web site still seems borked, but oddly according to the android app loads of seats still available for popular times.

Mindwipe

Odeon android app worked for me fine just now, three tickets centre screen at Manchester Printworks Saturday afternoon. Web site still seems borked, but oddly according to the android app loads of seats still available for popular times.

The app doesn't work at all for me. Constant "Oops... Request failed because of a connection issue."

It's been like that since 8am. I refreshed and got "book now" once, but when I selected my showing it logged me out of the site and when I logged back in it was gone.
I've only been checking them for the past half hour and saw that I could actually click on "Book Now" but then it would just tell me about the technical error on the new page.

I'm getting "oops request failed because of connection issue" after typing in my email address and phone number.

Scavenger

The theater in Amsterdam Arena is showing the LieMax 3D version at 6:45AM lol. I'm considering it because it's the only way to watch the film undisturbed. I could also go to the local theater that's going to show it in Dolby Cinema format with Atmos sound, but not sure how good that is.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
The desktop Odeon site kept crashing for me, but the mobile site worked. Probably just a coincidence but maybe worth a go?

Emdeepee

I'm getting "oops request failed because of connection issue" after typing in my email address and phone number.

Perhaps it is cinema specific. Manchester Printworks is working flawlessly for me on the app, but tried Leicester Square and no dice. Maybe try some different cinemas if possible?

Perhaps it is cinema specific. Manchester Printworks is working flawlessly for me on the app, but tried Leicester Square and no dice. Maybe try some different cinemas if possible?

Ahh that's true. I want BFI Imax.

Does logging in make a difference? I don't have an Odeon log in, I always use GUEST.

Bumhead

Banned
Just booked 3x 3D IMAX tickets at Cineworld Sheffield without a hitch for Thursday 17th. Even got to pick some pretty decent looking seats.

No timeouts or errors, via their website.

Koriandrr

Had the most frustrating morning ever.

I woke up early, was at the BFI Imax website 8am sharp, book the perfect seats for the midnight release, then on checkout it keeps giving me 503 error and after a lot of refreshing it just kicks me out. Then all the tickets for the first week are unavailable/booked out.

I ended up going for the more local IMAX on a fucking Saturday. D:

iFirez

Got my tickets for Cineworld in Birmingham, can't wait. Going to see it over Christmas with the family back home too. But the 17th will be me and a cinema of other overly hyped fans, it's going to be awake.

Had the most frustrating morning ever.

I woke up early, was at the BFI Imax website 8am sharp, book the perfect seats for the midnight release, then on checkout it keeps giving me 503 error and after a lot of refreshing it just kicks me out. Then all the tickets for the first week are unavailable/booked out.

I ended up going for the more local IMAX on a fucking Saturday. D:

Wait wut. BFI Imax first week all sold out? So we're all wasting our time here with this nonsense website :(.

Koriandrr

Wait wut. BFI Imax first week all sold out? So we're all wasting our time here with this nonsense website :(.

That's what it showed me. I can't even try to book anything in the first week right now.
I'd look at your local imax... or wait for whoever bought all the fucking tickets to start selling them for £60 each.

P.S.: People on twitter have said you should try the app, if that helps.

MouldyK

Got my tickets for Cineworld in Birmingham, can't wait. Going to see it over Christmas with the family back home too. But the 17th will be me and a cinema of other overly hyped fans, it's going to be awake.

I booked the Midnight one at Cineworld North Greenwich with my Unlimited Card.

Don't know if I can make it...

...or if the seat will be good enough...

...but since i pay monthly for my Unlimited Card, it cost nothing.

I'll catch the film in a regular screening and then hit the IMAX somewhere down the line if I want to watch it again.
Sold out on the 17th.
Jesus. It still had a bunch when I checked not that long ago.
that's what I got my Saturday tickets for. everything else is sold out.
To your question - it's good IMAX screen and experience, only the seats are crap with minimal leg space.
Ah, I see. Doesn't sound like my sorta thing, then. I need my leg space.

GamerJM

Banned
Hm, they have one in my area, but I'm not sure if I'd really want to sit through the first three. And Episode IV-VII marathon would be incredible.

Jex

BFI Imax website says "Tickets not yet on sale".

Even though I briefly got through on the app.

Edit: You can click on tickets again on the website now but, of course, it crashes. Again, this just the BFI Imax.

Fuck BFI, watched a video about IMAX Laser and have booked at Leicester Square Empire.

Site is flawless, cannot wait to see an IMAX 3D movie with the same colour as 2D for once.

Hmm. I didn't consider this. Just to confirm, this is as good, if not better than anything BFI can offer?

They seem to have lots of seats with no problems of booking. Really tempted to go with this one.

JimiNutz

Banned
I gave up on trying for BFI IMAX in the end. Id been trying since 8am this morning using the mobile site, the app and the desktop site and had no luck (trying to get the midnight showing).

I managed to get through to the payment screens a couple of times but payment never cleared so eventually I gave up as I've wasted half my morning already.

Just booked for a midnight showing at my local Odeon instead and will have to try and book ah IMAX showing for a later date instead. At least I still get to see it at midnight.

BFI Imax website says "Tickets not yet on sale".

Even though I briefly got through on the app.

Edit: You can click on tickets again on the website now but, of course, it crashes. Again, this just the BFI Imax.
Oh, I see.
Hmm. I didn't consider this. Just to confirm, this is as good, if not better than anything BFI can offer?

They seem to have lots of seats with no problems of booking. Really tempted to go with this one.
I was selecting my seats and ran into an error, so I wouldn't say it's completely problem free.

Edit: Now they're temporarily unavailable. For fucks sake.

It must be. I watched a video someone posted on Facebook about it.

These are all the IMAX Laser screens in the world . To save you a click, I will just say, there are 7, and only 1 in Europe, at Empire Leicester Square.

Well damn, now I'm even more hyped. Bring on the 22nd already!!!!

Thanks for the heads up by the way, I would still been stuck on the BFI site if I didn't see your post. Now I get on with my day and not worry about the booking.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
If anyone's in London the Vue in Piccadilly has tons of seats left for the midnight viewing and is just a few minutes away from the cinemas in Leicester Square that are getting all fucked up. Booked second row, middle seats just now.

As a bonus, it appears that it's a 2D showing too.

If anyone's in London the Vue in Piccadilly has tons of seats left for the midnight viewing and is just a few minutes away from the cinemas in Leicester Square that are getting all fucked up. Booked second row, middle seats just now.

As a bonus, it appears that it's a 2D showing too.

Got burned so hard there with the first Avengers. One of the smallest cinema screens I have ever been to (screen 16?). I know they have very big screens as I saw another movie there years before.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Got burned so hard there with the first Avengers. One of the smallest cinema screens I have ever been to (screen 16?). I know they have very big screens as I saw another movie there years before.
Well, at least I'm sitting close to it!

(I'm sure they'll dedicate a big screen to Star Wars)

Ensirius

I was looking for tickets in my city.
Turns out everybody is going crazy and there are none left in most of them.
I hope I am lucky so that I can get tickets for Christmas.

Wow, so many showings the first week and even in my City most are already 50% Full after 2-3 hours sale. Movie is gonna be HUGE.

Got my Tickets for midnight preview and first day.watching 2 Times in 20 hours :D

Thriller

The quest for IMAX tickets has failed and the website of the theatre kept giving me errors so I did what every Star Wars fan would do.

Take the car (whilst wearing the shittiest home chill out clothes imaginable, wearing flip flops, looking like I just got out of bed - which I did.) and queued at the cinema itself.

I was successful in booking 4 tickets on the 16th and I don't give a shit about anyone seeing me looking the way I did :p

Damn, the midnight screening at the Savoy in Hamburg was already sold out. But hey, 9pm on the 17th isn't too bad either.
Can't wait... I don't think I was ever that hyped for a movie before.

Dabanton

The hilarity of all of this as the reason Odeon took over IMAX booking was because the BFI site would break under pressure if a big film was coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom