• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paganmoon

6 tickets booked for non-3D showing woho, so looking forward to it.

Bad thing is, the non-3D showings aren't on the biggest screens. But it'll have to do.

Bumhead

Banned
My Odeon in Sheffield is fucking terrible. Our IMAX screens are at Cineworld but can't find anything about tickets with them.

Gah, I've been trying to book for BFI Imax since 8am, via both the app and the website. I had better luck booking tickets for MJ's O2 shows back in 09!!

If at first you don't succeed, give up and bugger the whole thing!

Guys, why is it more expensive to buy 1 Adult, than it is for 2 Adults and 2 Kids?!

Gah, I've been trying to book for BFI Imax since 8am, via both the app and the website. I had better luck booking tickets for MJ's O2 shows back in 09!!

Same! I literally thought to myself "If I was able to get tickets for MJ, I can do this too"

So far, nope!

Just bought 6 tickets for the premiere. IMAX 3D.

30 minutes in, the showing in my cinema has already sold 1/4th of the tickets. lol

The thirst is real.

mr-paul

I first got through at about 7:57.. they went up early. But then the payment wouldn't process.

Finally got there at 8:24.

Want to book one on my Cineworld card too but they haven't even got it up yet!

Keep trying GAF, you'll get there!

Its good to have tight buddies in the entertainment press business.
Dont even have to worry about the tickets and ill be getting in a 3d imax a day before the regular release

mr-paul

I'm through again and over half the seats are still left for the midnight showing at the BFI. Don't give up, you can still get them!

Got my BFI tickets. Row E cuz that's what I could get in the rush - if I remember that's a wee bit close to screen but eh. Not bad iirc. Hype.

Also fuck odeon. Should have been more ready for this.

BraXzy

WOO! Pressing back actually worked for once, usually it just kept saying session expired. It somehow took my payment.

Four of us are going to watch this at 9pm on the 18th in IMAX on Row E :D

What's wrong with a queue system that assigns numbers and pulls them randomly and then allow for a max limit of tickets. So much smother and less hassle from a consumer end. League of Legends tickets did it, and that was simple. 2015....come on, guys.

Tabris

I can't find anywhere on Cineplex to get advanced tickets for Scotiabank Theatre Vancouver. Anyone seen anything on Cineplex yet or know where it'll be so I can check it tomorrow?

I already forced my parents to get their tickets for that weekend.

My Dad isnt a big movie guy, but he actually likes Star Wars and Star Trek so whenever one of those films comes I go with him.

Its funny cuz he saw Empire Strikes Back when it first came out and he didnt see the big deal since he was still into Start Trek at the time.

kamakazi5

I'm not really a Star Wars guy but that marathon sounds pretty cool. I've only seen the original 3 on a 6" portable DVD player and never saw the newer trilogy.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Got my tickets for opening day (Dec 16th) here in Gothenburg, Sweden. No fancy iMacs or anything, but yeah. The SF site (Sweden's main cinema chain) was slow, but everything went well.

Fuck BFI, watched a video about IMAX Laser and have booked at Leicester Square Empire.

Site is flawless, cannot wait to see an IMAX 3D movie with the same colour as 2D for once.

Booking is temporary unavailable. Please try again later.

For damn near an hour. What the fuck....

DodgerSan

Also been having the Odeon blues (hmm, massively anticipated film + advance pre-orders advertised for a certain time, you might not want to be running the website on a 486).

Finally got in after 1.5 hours trying. Hallelujah.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Just got my tickets for the midnight show in Ireland. Best seats in the best screen in the city. I'm relieved to say the least.

munchie64

Australian tickets seem to go on sale tomorrow. Anyone see any marathons? I can only find regular showings. I know Hoyts did some marathons in May, so there is a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom