• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens video release date, editions announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveheart

Banned
I just saw it for the first time. All I can say now, that it was a huge mistake not seeing it earlier. I somehow didn't have the time to see it at the movies. After two weeks, no theatre in my town would screen it in English (Germany - everything's dubbed). So I just held off and waited for the DVD release.

I was a huge Star Wars fan in my teenage years (10 to 20). I saw Episode I to III at the midnight premieres. I would want all the toys, light sabers and helmets.
Somehow, I lost interest in Star Wars when I was in my early twenties. I still feel that I do'nt like Episode II too much so that kind off also affected the other two newer movies.
I think it was just a case closed after a while. There was nothing to be added to the Star Wars universe and I moved on an grew out of it.

And today (I'm 28 now) I got the DVD and watched the new Star Wars.

I cried around 10 times. This movie hit the tone so perfectly I can't even begin to grasp it. The closing scene made me brake down. I cried my eyes out. I was so moved and so excited.
I'm kind of glad that I didn't see it at the theatre because this would've been embarrassing.

I really loved. I'm looking forward to watching it again tomorrow.

I have the blu ray, and it doesn't mention or show this scene.............

tumblr_nubtg4VMYh1qiikcuo1_500.gif

Think that was a shot purely for the trailer since it generated so much hype and shit. The scene that was actually in the film wouldn't have nearly the same effect.

Likely, possibly with a side of "maaaybe we'll use it, we'll see in post".

Especially since there's a functionally similar scene like an hour earlier in the movie. The trailer shot would be redundant and overly dramatic at the point in the movie where it would take place.

Yeah, it's kinda like how they went with an alternative 'Chewie, we're home' scene for the actual film. The one they used in the trailer was great but I loved Han's mischievous grin in the version they used.

GhaleonEB

Do any of the deleted scenes show Maz handing Leia the saber, from the second trailer? That and the hallway run in with stormtroopers were the deleted scenes I was looking forward to the most. The latter is digital download only (WTF) but I haven't heard of the first.

//ARCANUM

Do any of the deleted scenes show Maz handing Leia the saber, from the second trailer? That and the hallway run in with stormtroopers were the deleted scenes I was looking forward to the most. The latter is digital download only (WTF) but I haven't heard of the first.

I'm 99.9% sure that any of the Maz rewrite stuff is not talked about on this Blu.

Blue Lou

17 more days until it's physically released in the UK.

It's pretty annoying actually. It would've made an ideal birthday present for someone this week.

Bishop89

Think that was a shot purely for the trailer since it generated so much hype and shit. The scene that was actually in the film wouldn't have nearly the same effect.

it probably wouldnt make sense, unless he was ready to destroy that tree in front of him

BFIB

Its crazy to think we are only a few days from home release, and digital is out tomorrow.

I cannot wait to load this on my Gear VR in Theater mode. :)

El Topo

Isn't the 1st US only?

Not sure if it is US-only, but it's (roughly) two more weeks for many other regions (e.g. UK should be 4/11, Germany 4/14) for iTunes. I think the DVD/BluRay are a week later. Pretty sure iTunes should show the correct release date on their store for each region though.

Or just a scene cut by a few seconds for editing, so its not even worth adding as a "deleted scene". Tons of footage gets trimmed and we will never see it in all movies.

No they don't

mrkgoo

Not sure if it is US-only, but it's (roughly) two more weeks for many other regions (e.g. UK should be 4/11, Germany 4/14) for iTunes. I think the DVD/BluRay are a week later. Pretty sure iTunes should show the correct release date on their store for each region though.

Huh. Anyway it's April 1st for us (NZ). Just downloaded it!

-griffy-

Banned
Did they ever show the scene where luke touches the top of R2's head, from the trailer?

That was part of the Force vision when Rey touched the saber. I believe he touches R2 and then it immediately starts raining in that shot right on R2, then it transitions to the massacre where someone runs at Rey and is killed by Kylo and we see this:

Sucks they are not releasing the 3D blu-ray at the same time, but it was a great movie so will enjoy the 2D version until the 3D disc hits.

Might just be a scene for the trailers?

Did they ever show the scene where luke touches the top of R2's head, from the trailer?

I think during the making of they did.

There is some cool conceptual art that may spoil future movies here and there too. I am going to watch it again.

GhaleonEB

I still love that they used lightsaber props that actually lit up. It added a really nice touch to that forest fight

Yeah, the lighting added so much to the scene. I'd heard it mentioned that they actually made sparks when the sabers collided and you can see that at the very end of that clip.

Adam looks like he's having blast going postal on Finn. :lol

I know the blu ray will come with an iTunes copy on Tuesday, but I am so tempted to buy it this weekend digitally just to get it back into my veins.

And then buy the blu ray this Tuesday, of course.

Going with the $17.99 digital HD Amazon version (which gets you a Disney Anywhere code or link and so then available lots of different digital places)

witness

Oh....I didn't know the Vudu edition comes with all the BR special features! Whelp whatever, not gonna wait for Tuesday now!

Fox Mulder

The one in a regular case that will fit on the rack with all my other movies

I do try to get to bestbuy for a steelbook for Marvel films, but don't really care for this one and it'll probably be sold out in minutes. I'm fine with a regular version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom