• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens video release date, editions announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

//ARCANUM

yeah i never thought i'd see the day when another movie would come out in my lifetime and, sur eenough, one does and i see it once.

it was a memorable experience though. it was an 8am showing at the Alamo at Anderson Lane. my daughter and i had to wake up at 7am to drive there and see it. It was pouring rain that morning too. Bloody awesome Austin morning ;)

nice! we saw it twice opening night at Lakeline alamo, the next night at South Lamar alamo, saturday at Pflugerville XD, a few days later at XD again and then a month or so later at Lakeline again, lol. we're..... kinda crazy.

Both the lady and I have BB-8 wallets lol. (amongst so much other merch)

I can't figure out how to post the link to the video directly from Facebook, but this page has a video of all deleted scenes on the Blu Ray!

https://www.facebook.com/8T88SW/

Scroll down a couple posts.

If this isn't okay to post, please let me know and I'll remove.

The Kylo in the Falcon scene should have been kept in. I can see why they left out the rest. Leia speaking with Kor Sella was the key scene they should have left in but for some reason it's not included in the deleted scenes.

//ARCANUM

EDIT!! Okay looks like they cut out the last few seconds of all clips on those youtube links for some stupid reason, lol. Here's the Facebook link that should have it all: https://www.facebook.com/thebriangreenleaf/videos/696369153799205/

-------

Okay the deleted scenes have hit YouTube:

Jakku Message: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZio2_oTRgg

Snow Speeder Chase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neNpoWOZsFo

Kylo Searches The Falcon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmsMNUdh3Mo

Finn & the Villager: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvKbOF78s_E

Jump to Lightspeed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdYOETEP0_U

Finn Will Be Fine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40FTeYDD-yA

I think the Kylo scene is great and I wish it was in the movie. The rest range from unnecessary to awful. "Your friend will be fine." OMG, AWFUL. "Is there any other speed?" nooooooooooo. go home. you're drunk, lol.

So yeah, I'm glad these were all cut with the exception of the Kylo on the falcon scene.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Yeah none of those feel great, the snow one and the x wing at the end are really rough

Bit underwhelmed but at the same time a little glad they didnt cut anything super good, although there are some scenes we know they shot that we will likely never see now, sadly.

//ARCANUM

The Kylo in the Falcon scene should have been kept in. I can see why they left out the rest. Leia speaking with Kor Sella was the key scene they should have left in but for some reason it's not included in the deleted scenes.

I agree it should be there in theory, but I think the execution was kinda poor (probably Carrie at her weakest acting)

I've heard people say they thought her acting in that scene was off but that sure as shit seems like no-nonsense stomp the CIC Leia from Empire Strikes Back to me.

I had no problems with that scene. But the way they structured the movie necessitated that whole bit goes if they wanted to save the threepio/Leia reveals for maximum crowd-please. Which they obviously did - you can tell how they're going for a lower-key level of crowd-please reveal in that scene alone.

GhaleonEB

Should I preorder... Or just go down to the mall to buy? Decisions, decisions.

As ARCANUM said, should be fine depending on what edition you want. Regular / Wal-mart versions are not going to be in short supply, to put it mildly. I'm just going to swing by the store on the way home from work on Tuesday.

//ARCANUM

I've heard people say they thought her acting in that scene was off but that sure as shit seems like no-nonsense stomp the CIC Leia from Empire Strikes Back to me.

I had no problems with that scene. But the way they structured the movie necessitated that whole bit goes if they wanted to save the threepio/Leia reveals for maximum crowd-please. Which they obviously did - you can tell how they're going for a lower-key level of crowd-please reveal in that scene alone.

yeah it would have totally been different tonally. i think there would have been some more power behind it with the right music cue, but holding her until the reveal in the movie as is, it really works and i can understand it's removal.

As ARCANUM said, should be fine depending on what edition you want. Regular / Wal-mart versions are not going to be in short supply, to put it mildly. I'm just going to swing by the store on the way home from work on Tuesday.

Yeah good point I was just going to pick up the standard blu ray edition, so either ordering on Amazon or to the mall. Probably the mall, much quicker that way.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I thought Carries acting in the film was awesome honestly, i was most worried about her too.

Read: Awesome does not mean scene stealing, just that she showed up and did the part justice, at no point did she take me out of the film or make me beleve that wasnt Leia

-griffy-

Banned
Yeah, I'm wondering if that shows up in the main doc, or in another extra as a clip of the larger deleted sequence.

I've got no problem with these scenes all hitting the floor, either. 95% of all deleted scenes should be that way.

Just edited my post, apparently it's digital download, whatever that means exactly.

But yeah, most of these are pretty inconsequential, and you could understand why they were removed just for pacing reasons. Like, it would have been nice to see a scene of Leia leading Resistance people, but that specific scene wasn't really needed at that specific point in the story (presumably after Poe is captured but before Finn escapes with him?) It isn't telling us anything we don't know.

-griffy-

Banned
Saving that senate scene for the trilogy blu ray, I see.

Are we even certain that scene was actually shot? Feel like there's been a lot of assumption about deleted scenes just because of their presence in the script or the novelization, when it's not really even clear how many of these scenes were actually shot or excised before they were even shot.

Mr Cola

The snow fight was jarring, I imagine it was cut really early, no real fx, the dialogue was bad, the acting wasnt great, neither was the choreography.

Are we even certain that scene was actually shot? Feel like there's been a lot of assumption about deleted scenes just because of their presence in the script or the novelization, when it's not really even clear how many of these scenes were actually shot or excised before they were even shot.

I may be wrong as I haven't looked at it for a while, but I think there's a picture of it in the visual dictionary.

Surfinn

The snow fight was jarring, I imagine it was cut really early, no real fx, the dialogue was bad, the acting wasnt great, neither was the choreography.

What? That was one of the best parts of the film. The "Traitor!" moment alone was incredible. I would have enjoyed a little more dialogue, but I think it was filmed brilliantly.

Mr Cola

What? That was one of the best parts of the film. The "Traitor!" moment alone was incredible. I would have enjoyed a little more dialogue, but I think it was filmed brilliantly.

The deleted scene a few posts above

It's really too bad that we won't see the *real* deleted scenes for years, since so much of it is dependant on plot points they decided to save for 8 and 9.

That falcon one is cool, though.

Surfinn

There's a link to them at the top of the page if you're interested.

The Dark Side standard version, though it's not out here until the 18th. I would have got the steelbook but the UK version doesn't even have the film's title on the spine.

Didn't realize they're online, thank you.

a916

I'll pass until the ATMOS version is released. Even Pixels had ATMOS, Disney plzzzzzz

Kind of strange they wouldn't put it in the normal bluray release.

Just canceled my Force Awakens preorder at Best Buy after hearing the latest news about the PS4.5K.

Had nothing to do with the PS4.5K, just did it after hearing about it. Also, I had multiple pre-orders. Can't wait until Tuesday!

Hey guys, does all the extra content come on the regular blu ray disk? I was thinking about just pre oderding a copy from amazon. But I dont know if all the extra bonus features were exclusive to another retailer

TheXbox

The only reason I can imagine for cutting Kylo's bit on the Falcon is that it doesn't make any sense that he'd leave it unscathed. Could've at least cut the engine, if not blow it the hell up.

None of those scenes seem to be a huge loss. It sucks that they won't show us the deleted scenes of Zuvio keeping the peace or Unkar getting Wookie'd. I think Sarco Plank was supposed to have a scene too.

Oozer3993

I wonder if there's a couple other glimpses of dead scenes in the documentary itself.

An article on AintItCool.com the other day mentioned a shot of Han putting some gold dice up in the Millennium Falcon.

Before I wrap up I do want to point out one of my favorite moments that you might miss if you're not paying attention. Although there is a deleted scene section the best deleted moment isn't featured there. It's in the main doc, Secrets of The Force Awakens – A Cinematic Journey.

The doc shows Harrison Ford walking onto the new Falcon for the first time and we get lots of BTS footage from his early scenes, including the beat where he walks into the cockpit and has his little moment at truly being back home.

What they cut out of the movie was after soaking in his old home for a beat he takes something out of his pocket. It's the gold dice that hung in the cockpit. He kisses them and rehangs them before noticing the altered controls and exiting the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom