• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens video release date, editions announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Can't wait to watch Force Awakens again :)

2nd best Star Wars film after Revenge of the Sith.

Huh, really? I know the version on the CD wasn't what was actually at the end of the film, but I was pretty sure the For Your Consideration version was. Is this blu-ray version not the same as the FYC either?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Huh, really? I know the version on the CD wasn't what was actually at the end of the film, but I was pretty sure the For Your Consideration version was. Is this blu-ray version not the same as the FYC either?

I'm listening to the FYC version right now and yeah, that YT is definitely arranged differently.

Unless the uploader is pulling some hijinks

Screen Caps look great on the bluray.com review.

13343_1.jpg

Also, looks like the slipcover and the cover art are different.

CecikHNXEAEbjWi

RPGCrazied

I really hope that Best Buy price for the steelbook changes, its still $30. I mean its Star Wars, so I probably will keep the preorder. I hope it goes down to $24 before it ships or something though.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Somebody's uploaded the menu on YouTube. I like how they included Rey sliding down inside the Star Destroyer. It's better than many of the completely static ones used these days.

I think this is a mock job, they used clips from trailers set against a background from a trailer, there is absolutely nothing new there that couldnt have been made by a fan with existing footage.

Dommo

Somebody's uploaded the menu on YouTube. I like how they included Rey sliding down inside the Star Destroyer. It's better than many of the completely static ones used these days.

Very much in line with the DVD menus of the OT and PT. I always liked those, as overdone as they sometimes were. Every time you'd boot up the DVD, you'd get one of three randomly generated menu themes, based on the locations in the film. The main menu would be like this one - a single composited wide shot from the film with a screen masked out with a montage fading through. So like, Empire Strikes Back had Bespin, Hoth and Dagobah.

Those were fun.

Is that a black blu-ray case or is it just lighting? Pretty cool if so.

Though that's ironic that it would be novel since all DVD cases were black.

Blu-Ray.com shows the cover with a black case.

Is that a black blu-ray case or is it just lighting? Pretty cool if so.

Though that's ironic that it would be novel since all DVD cases were black.

I wonder if that is something Disney is doing lately. I don't buy too many Blurays, but my Ant-Man Bluray case is black as well.

Zombine

Banned
Saw this 6 times in theaters, ready to watch this 600 more times. The best part is that I have a great story for all 6 times I saw it. This is one of my best movie going memories ever.

Wish Amazon would update my delivery date. If they don't change it by this weekend I will just go by Target or something and get it on Tuesday.

I got my standard blu ray yesterday. That Documentary is really good. you guys will enjoy it. Cool to see some of the PT guys from ILM and lucas film got to work on a cool star wars film again. They looked re-energized.

How are the deleted scenes?

Some unpolished, but I think every single one of them should have been included in the movie.

there is a long 1-2 min scene with Leia running the show at the resistance base, that was probably taken out to protect her flaws in acting.

Kylo on the Falcon was very nice.

The snow Speeder chase was very unfinished, and unpolished.

Finn and the Villager was just to long with the 2 staring at each other, I get why it was taken out.

One day well get an ultimate cut.

GhaleonEB

BuzzFeed link that has a clip of the making of doc that has a sliver of footage from Daisy Ridley's original audition tape

http://www.buzzfeed.com/keelyflaherty/daisy-ridleys-star-wars-audition-was-powerful

Makes sense they would use that scene as part of the final auditions - if the actors couldn't pull off the internalization of their confrontation there, the scene would have collapsed into comedy. She's amazing.

My birthday was this past weekend, but I feel like the release of this will be my deferred present. I don't think I've ever actually been this excited about a video release before.

spookyfish

has there been any update on the 3D blu ray version?

Nothing. The consensus is possibly a "collector's package" or some-such in anticipation of the Rogue One release.

Hopefully it will have the IMAX ratio, as well.

At this point, though, I'm not holding my breath. Disney/LucasFilm could just as easily release a digital version and say "Here's the 3D version we promised you!" Nothing in the release says Blu-ray 3D, although Bill Hunt insists it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom