• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Alur

My sniper.

Have you guys got to try 55 PVP yet?

I'm out of town now and all mine sit at 50. Gonna do the sage first I think since 30-54 PVP seems to be leaning pub side, and the bolster thing makes the gear issue a non issue.

I can't believe this naked gear boost is still in. Are they gonna address it?

Milly79

Nah, haven't attempted it. Really not liking ~54 PvP, so eh.

And no, it's really not leaning either way because of the chance to get shitter pugs. I've lost games on the Pub side that we would've usually won had it just been level 50s.

HBroward

Have you guys got to try 55 PVP yet?

I'm out of town now and all mine sit at 50. Gonna do the sage first I think since 30-54 PVP seems to be leaning pub side, and the bolster thing makes the gear issue a non issue.

I can't believe this naked gear boost is still in. Are they gonna address it?

We just did one, 6 of us versus 8 pubs, and we had no healer in VS. We got a door, then held them for 3 minutes before they capped on us to win. Gonna wait for more 55's before queueing again.

def sim

GAF is mostly Republic right? Right server, wrong side. Bummer.

Unless they take it off the cartel market, I doubt it's going to reach that much in credit value.

Yeah, looking at GTN, I'll probably make less than a mil off the whole set. I'll hold onto my coins and just buy/resell stuff on the market, I suppose. I started off making good money by buying Malak Jaw Cases for cheap and reselling at 100k.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
ARE CONCEALMENT OPERATIVES GOOD YET?

fuck marauders op 4 lyfe

My computers should be fixed by next Friday, so I'll check out this expansion a couple weeks late. Maybe I'll get lucky and my desktop will be fixed today.

Milly79

Only nerf I can really see to Carnage/Combat is Force Scream/Blade Rush auto crit proc seems a lot lower, but being able to proc another Gore/Precision and Vicious Throw/Dispatch above 30% only makes them stronger.

Only nerf I can really see to Carnage/Combat is Force Scream/Blade Rush auto crit proc seems a lot lower, but being able to proc another Gore/Precision and Vicious Throw/Dispatch above 30% only makes them stronger.

The auto crit proc is beyond lower, it almost never procs with how low it is. Since 2.0 I've only had it proc once. It's a ridiculous waste of points now. I used to be able to almost get a auto crit from it in almost every fight, now... nothing. The extra throw and precision are nice giving them more sustained dps, but they lost some of their burstyness.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so apparently bolster is fucking broken in pvp

I don't pvp much, but when you get to the point that you're better off taking off your armor and letting bolster boost you up than you are actually wearing a pvp set, shit has gone rotten.

Tarazet

Combat was never as OP as Annihilation. Jesus Christ. I mean, at least it's hard to play, but still. Damn.

so apparently bolster is fucking broken in pvp

I don't pvp much, but when you get to the point that you're better off taking off your armor and letting bolster boost you up than you are actually wearing a pvp set, shit has gone rotten.

Yea it's a known issue that they posted about 3 days ago. It's not really about being naked but bug largely focused on the relic slot items being taken out. Just take out your relics and you get better, you dont have to take off the rest of the gear. Bolster is now calculated per slot and theirs a bug with the relic slots when you have none equipped.

Milly79

The auto crit proc is beyond lower, it almost never procs with how low it is. Since 2.0 I've only had it proc once. It's a ridiculous waste of points now. I used to be able to almost get a auto crit from it in almost every fight, now... nothing. The extra throw and precision are nice giving them more sustained dps, but they lost some of their burstyness.

It crits a bit for me, but definitely not as often. I haven't ran it in PvP, however. I can see it like never critting considering you die in 5 seconds as a DPS. >.<

35 stims and no re purple

I have the Purple Skill Stim and Adrenal. :3

Combat was never as OP as Annihilation. Jesus Christ. I mean, at least it's hard to play, but still. Damn.

How was Combat never as OP as Watchman? Combat is 1/2 in burst for sure...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yea it's a known issue that they posted about 3 days ago. It's not really about being naked but bug largely focused on the relic slot items being taken out. Just take out your relics and you get better, you dont have to take off the rest of the gear. Bolster is now calculated per slot and theirs a bug with the relic slots when you have none equipped.

so taking OUT the relics makes you better?

Heysoos

37 stims total before purple. fuck now I just have to win an actual fucking exotic element eq, so far I'm 0/6 on that roll -_-

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So I picked up my desktop today from the computer repair shop, psyched to play DOTA and try this SWTOR expac. Plugged it in, started up the cpu and BAM. Same. Fucking. Error. I am so fucking mad right now, this computer shop is going to hear some rage.

Is Biochem still the #1 hands down best crew skill?

Giolon

So I picked up my desktop today from the computer repair shop, psyched to play DOTA and try this SWTOR expac. Plugged it in, started up the cpu and BAM. Same. Fucking. Error. I am so fucking mad right now, this computer shop is going to hear some rage.

Is Biochem still the #1 hands down best crew skill?

Still? It hasn't been the best crew skill since maybe the first 2 months the game was out. That title has belonged to Cybertech, Artifice, and Armstech for the past 6+ months since they could make bank selling top-end mods to other players (and no you didn't have to raid to obtain the recipes, since you could RE mods made by other players once you'd put them into gear and pulled them back out again).

But yes, Biochem is pretty great right now since they have re-usable stimpacks again.

Heysoos

That stretch of no purple killed my fucking mats stock. On the bright side I got my adrenal on the second RE. Medpac I'm currently on my 4th but I'm hoarding mats atm.

4 blue stims and I got the the purple skill! Thank you for using up all the bad luck!

<3

Wallach

Still? It hasn't been the best crew skill since maybe the first 2 months the game was out. That title has belonged to Cybertech, Artifice, and Armstech for the past 6+ months since they could make bank selling top-end mods to other players (and no you didn't have to raid to obtain the recipes, since you could RE mods made by other players once you'd put them into gear and pulled them back out again).

But yes, Biochem is pretty great right now since they have re-usable stimpacks again.

They didn't kill re-usables like they warned they would so long ago? Thank you new team, that was such a garbage idea.

Am I doing something wrong as my Master Strike on my pub sentinel is not working, it does not do the stun effect it normally did since 2.0

I've looked to see if this a reported problem but I'm apparently only person whose noticed this problem?

On my Sith Warrior Jug though the mirrored ability works just fine and still stuns regular enemies.

Heysoos

Am I doing something wrong as my Master Strike on my pub sentinel is not working, it does not do the stun effect it normally did since 2.0

I've looked to see if this a reported problem but I'm apparently only person whose noticed this problem?

On my Sith Warrior Jug though the mirrored ability works just fine and still stuns regular enemies.

When using Combat Spec, my Master Strike half the time seems to be a blank. The cast bar will show up, but the skill isn't actually being used. It only seems to affect combat spec, while focus and watchmen spec were missing this huge skill problem. Seems like they may have borked Master Strike a bit with the patch.

Cystm

Are yall saying it doesn't even work on regular PVE mobs?

I have only noticed it happen in PvP matches. The animation starts but nothing is actually happening. I have grown so accustomed to it that I can anticipate it and correct it.

SHOULDN'T FUCKING HAVE TO THOUGH.

Wall of crazy I am sure.

Wallach

Any idea why my Juggernaut can't use his Fleet Pass consumables? I thought they only required a security key, which I've had attached since they were available. Can't remember ever having an issue using those.

Edit - I guess they require a sub? My Powertech had a stack that he could use freely but when I purchased a new one and it went onto the stack, it rendered those unusable too. Pretty lame.

Rokam

So started playing again very casually, did not realize artifact armor was restricted too :(. Got an epic drop in the starting area of Korriban. Major bummer. Am I in for a world of hurt later on if I don't plan on dropping a single penny on the game?

So started playing again very casually, did not realize artifact armor was restricted too :(. Got an epic drop in the starting area of Korriban. Major bummer. Am I in for a world of hurt later on if I don't plan on dropping a single penny on the game?

You don't need purple gear to play through the pve part of the game. You only need purples if you plan on doing endgame stuff.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

You can buy the unlock (most of them actually) on the GTN but you likely won't have enough money for it until you're at 50. On my server they're going for 288k right now which you can earn doing 1 or 2 nights of daily quests. You don't really need purples for leveling anyway.

LowerLevel

Is there a GAF guild? Pub or Imp, doesn't really matter although my two highest are Imps (51 Healing Sorc and 42 Sniper). Thanks.

Sorian

Banned
So, after seeing both Imperial and Republic Makeb storylines, I just wanted to point out something that I keep seeing in the story that makes me laugh. To be safe I will say that the following contains spoilers for the end of the Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior, Republic Makeb, and Imperial Makeb stories.

I feel like they are getting used to giving some characters false information while giving others the full story. To take it a step further, I feel that they keep giving the imperials the truth while leaving the republic in the dark which is pretty funny IMO. Jedi Knight: Emperor is dead! Sith Warrior: Eh, not really. Republic Makeb: Planet is fucked, run! Imperial Makeb: Losers fall for that all the time.

Top Bottom