• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Milly79

PvP is completely broken and not fun. As it stands, it takes no skill at all. No countering, anything. At least I haven't seen it. It's changed into who can blow up who quicker and quite frankly that's complete ass. Level 55 isn't any better as there are people already that have cheated the system and are fully geared.

Was PvP perfect in 1.x? No, but it was no where near as bad as it is now. I seriously hope they don't wait months for balancing and hopefully it's better later today after the patch. I saw they put out a survey on TTK problems, that's a step on the right direction already.

No one should be hitting 2 mil dmg and 2 mil heals. 1 mil was hard enough in 1.x. I did it 4 times until 2.0 came out. Since then I have done it 4 times. It's way too easy. Something has to change.

Cystm

PvP is completely broken and not fun. As it stands, it takes no skill at all. No countering, anything. At least I haven't seen it. It's changed into who can blow up who quicker and quite frankly that's complete ass. Level 55 isn't any better as there are people already that have cheated the system and are fully geared.

Was PvP perfect in 1.x? No, but it was no where near as bad as it is now. I seriously hope they don't wait months for balancing and hopefully it's better later today after the patch. I saw they put out a survey on TTK problems, that's a step on the right direction already.

No one should be hitting 2 mil dmg and 2 mil heals. 1 mil was hard enough in 1.x. I did it 4 times until 2.0 came out. Since then I have done it 4 times. It's way too easy. Something has to change.

Healing oddly enough seems more OP than before 2.0

I could not die on my Slinger. It was... strange. I tanked 3 people with CDs and two awesome healers.

Only 1 match though so far.

Edit: I am not a great Slinger, so that's why it stands out to me. Your mileage will probably vary, Sniper Pros.

HBroward

You have to take into account people have 20-30% more health when geared now, so it makes sense damage output and healing would increase a similar amount. You have to get over the "old" numbers and just realize this is the new normal. Breaking a mil doesn't make you "good" in long games anymore, it's expected. I guess the new "good" is 2 million, at least for AOE or dot heavy classes, as shown by Damager with his 2.3 million damage in a medium length Hypergates. Of course, the other team has to be stupid and clump together as well, and now that all sages and sorcs run with the healing circle, people clump more now.

Alur

You have to take into account people have 20-30% more health when geared now, so it makes sense damage output and healing would increase a similar amount. You have to get over the "old" numbers and just realize this is the new normal. Breaking a mil doesn't make you "good" in long games anymore, it's expected. I guess the new "good" is 2 million, at least for AOE or dot heavy classes, as shown by Damager with his 2.3 million damage in a medium length Hypergates. Of course, the other team has to be stupid and clump together as well, and now that all sages and sorcs run with the healing circle, people clump more now.

I dunno, I side towards Yooni's thinking a bit. I guess I'm somewhere in the middle, though, really. We don't know what the new "normal" is, atm, but I only played 6 games IIRC and hit over 1 million in 3 of them, once on each healer I have (sage/sorc/scoundrel). Not even super long ones either. 1 million seems to be what you would have called 500-600k+ games before in 1.x.

As it stands, I've still yet to level a single level on any of my characters. I started out so far behind because I was out of town and basically everyone else is 55 now so the motivation is a bit lacking. I will say I was actually enjoying the mid level PVP though on my 50's...but it is for damn sure just a burst fest going both ways (healing and deeps).

Milly79

I will never learn to accept something that is so flawed. Damage needs to go DOWN accross the board, not up. TTK was still an issue pre-2.0, throw stuns in now (hell you don't even have to...) and goodbye.

I guess you enjoy double digit death games where no healers are present. Or enjoy blowing people up in 3 GCDs.

Alur

I guess you enjoy double digit death games where no healers are present. Or enjoy blowing people up in 3 GCDs.

That's that WoW PVP coming 'round like Omar.

On a sidenote, I can't even log into SWTOR. It gets to that (new) ugly ass splash screen before the character select screen and then crashes out. No clue why. I've never had an issue loading this game. Guess it's time to hunt the forums.

HBroward

I will never learn to accept something that is so flawed. Damage needs to go DOWN accross the board, not up. TTK was still an issue pre-2.0, throw stuns in now (hell you don't even have to...) and goodbye.

You are going to have double digit deaths pre 2.0 too without any healers on your team. You are basically taking outlier things and calling those the new norm, which they aren't. The majority of people I have played with really enjoy 2.0 pvp. Give it a week for more people to have the new gear, as opposed to the few people you see who stacked sabers and are fully geared in BiS 2.0 pvp gear. I have been in a bunch of games post 2.0 where neither team had many people dying, you should play some more games before passing judgement. And Qruul. Level up please! I will give you 500k once you hit 55. Make it happen, motivation provided.

Milly79

You are going to have double digit deaths pre 2.0 too without any healers on your team. You are basically taking outlier things and calling those the new norm, which they aren't. I have been in a bunch of games where neither team had many people dying, you should play some more games before passing judgement. And Qruul. Level up please! I will give you 500k once you hit 55. Make it happen, motivation provided.

Double digit deaths in pre-2.0 was pretty non-existent, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Just because I've played few 55 games doesn't make a difference as people have cheated and have full gear. That doesn't help your argument. I actually solo q quite a bit on Ditto and have experienced all this.

Alur

And Qruul. Level up please! I will give you 500k once you hit 55. Make it happen, motivation provided.

Let's set up a night and level another of yours to 55 with one of mine. I can go pretty much any night for the next few days as far as I know. Either side, I don't care. You too Yooni!

...as people have cheated and have full gear.

What was the "cheat" to get the gear so fast? Tell me so I can be sad I didn't do it. Or did they just stack comms leveling up? I'm way out of the loop.

Milly79

What was the "cheat" to get the gear so fast? Tell me so I can be sad I didn't do it. Or did they just stack comms leveling up? I'm way out of the loop.

Some saber that gave 1800 ranked comms or something? So I'd assume they did it on another toon since it didn't count towards the time to trade it back in unless you were logged on it. So basically, more comms saved up than intended.

Alur

I got ya, so basically using that bug on a few characters and legacy-sending the items over? Who was it, LD 50 folks or just random dudes?

Milly79

I got ya, so basically using that bug on a few characters and legacy-sending the items over? Who was it, LD 50 folks or just random dudes?

I know it was some B30 guys. I'd assume LD, too (just cause). No one from Uncensored as far as I know.

kmz

Neo Member
Some saber that gave 1800 ranked comms or something? So I'd assume they did it on another toon since it didn't count towards the time to trade it back in unless you were logged on it. So basically, more comms saved up than intended.

But you can't even buy the new PVP gear until you're 55, so how would that work? Unless they also used the mission stacking exploit to get to 55 almost immediately, I guess.

Makeb is pretty awesome to look at in parts, but some areas give me lot of performance issues. Turns into a slide show in battle. Its only in specific areas of zones too, move a little somewhere else a vew feet away, and it runs fine

As for pvp, I'm fine with upping damage compared to what it was before, but right now its too much damage still.

HBroward

Double digit deaths in pre-2.0 was pretty non-existent, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Just because I've played few 55 games doesn't make a difference as people have cheated and have full gear. That doesn't help your argument. I actually solo q quite a bit on Ditto and have experienced all this.

Solo queueing on ditto in lowbie is not equal to 55 pvp now, the bolster fucks everything up there, it should be different today after the patch.

HBroward

It was buying pvp weapons from the sub 50 gear vendor, I think they were 900 unranked comms? People would buy them, then sell them back every two hours to reset the sell back timer so they wouldn't bind and then rebuy them. Jaiden had like 40 of them, so once you hit 55, you sell them back, get the unranked comms, trade them for ranked comms, buy gear, then sell more sabers. Some people are in almost full Conqueror gear due to this. It isn't really a bug, more just exploiting the system they had. You can still do this for your level 50's if you want to level through pvp, to hit 55 in style. It's just way too much for me to worry about, you fuck up reselling it back and bam, you have now wasted a ton of comms on bound worthless weapons. Jaiden was putting post it notes on his screen each time to remind himself what time to resell them, he almost got stuck a bunch of times while taking smoke breaks. I would have no hope, just tons of bound weapons haha.

kmz

Neo Member
It was buying pvp weapons from the sub 50 gear vendor, I think they were 900 unranked comms? People would buy them, then sell them back every two hours to reset the sell back timer so they wouldn't bind and then rebuy them. Jaiden had like 40 of them, so once you hit 55, you sell them back, get the unranked comms, trade them for ranked comms, buy gear, then sell more sabers. Some people are in almost full Conqueror gear due to this. It isn't really a bug, more just exploiting the system they had. You can still do this for your level 50's if you want to level through pvp, to hit 55 in style. It's just way too much for me to worry about, you fuck up reselling it back and bam, you have now wasted a ton of comms on bound worthless weapons. Jaiden was putting post it notes on his screen each time to remind himself what time to resell them, he almost got stuck a bunch of times while taking smoke breaks. I would have no hope, just tons of bound weapons haha.

Oh fuck, I forgot about the lowbie PVP vendor. Which is now only on the capital worlds, right? And probably an oversight there, honestly.

Milly79

Supposedly the sustained damage for Sab is much better now, you seeing that?

Seems the same to me. Almost every spec is aside from being able to spam dots more in Leth/DF and MM/SS having the most insane burst now.

I do like the roll into an object with an enemy on you in Sab spec, because it does take off quite a bit of their health.

Is there a limit to how often you can use seeker droids? As long as you don't find the item your looking for, you can just keep digging and randomly getting loot potentially? Have gotten various greens and even some blue mods out of digging. Can a person just sit there digging stuff up and vendoring it for creds?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Is there a limit to how often you can use seeker droids? As long as you don't find the item your looking for, you can just keep digging and randomly getting loot potentially? Have gotten various greens and even some blue mods out of digging. Can a person just sit there digging stuff up and vendoring it for creds?

The devs made a post saying that you can't keep digging in the exact same spot but you can continue to just dig up loot in the area.

If you use your macrobinoculars you'll find areas where the sky shows a treasure chest. If you go in those areas you can keep digging as long as you want. The rare stuff to find there are speeder parts for the GSI speeder and I believe armor.

HBroward

The devs made a post saying that you can't keep digging in the exact same spot but you can continue to just dig up loot in the area.

If you use your macrobinoculars you'll find areas where the sky shows a treasure chest. If you go in those areas you can keep digging as long as you want. The rare stuff to find there are speeder parts for the GSI speeder and I believe armor.

Yeah you can find Bind on Legacy Dreadseed and I assume Star Forager custom armor pieces. Super rare though. Which sucks, I really want both sets, but the amount of mindless clicking would drive me mad.

Yeah you can find Bind on Legacy Dreadseed and I assume Star Forager custom armor pieces. Super rare though. Which sucks, I really want both sets, but the amount of mindless clicking would drive me mad.

Prefer it be difficult, would kill it if it was too easy. The seeker/macro stuff is a nice diversion for something different to do.

Giolon

Based on Dulfy's information that you might only be able to start digging up the armor after you've completed the main Seeker Droid quest line, because when you finish that questline you receive one piece of either set of armor depending on whether you made a light or dark side choice at the end of it and it then means you only find the rest of the same set of armor for the character you used.

Cystm

ibbD7RzSbanczG.jpg

Servers are all pretty much filled.

Alur

That Dreadseed is hella sexy. The name, however, is as dumb as the words I used to describe it's look. Either way, do want.

Tarazet

Seems the same to me. Almost every spec is aside from being able to spam dots more in Leth/DF and MM/SS having the most insane burst now.

I do like the roll into an object with an enemy on you in Sab spec, because it does take off quite a bit of their health.

MM always had good burst against squishies. As a semi-geared 50, if a Sage wasn't paying attention I could blow it away in 4 GCD's. The problem was all the Powertechs that just ate white damage for breakfast and could DoT me every GCD without fail.

Milly79

That Dreadseed is hella sexy. The name, however, is as dumb as the words I used to describe it's look. Either way, do want.

+1 for Kruul.

MM always had good burst against squishies. As a semi-geared 50, if a Sage wasn't paying attention I could blow it away in 4 GCD's. The problem was all the Powertechs that just ate white damage for breakfast and could DoT me every GCD without fail.

MM is hitting tanks hard as hell now, too.

Heysoos

So, tanking is fun as hell now in PVP. Or maybe it has always been, but I'm enjoying tanking on my Vanguard immensely. Give me a somewhat decent healer and I can last a long time.

rallaren

I just started again. Only got to to lvl 3 last time. 10 now and I kinda like it.

Do I need to be a subscriber to change my companions appearance even if I got the item?

Mordeccai

Unfortunatley, yes. Be prepared to see a lot of pop ups that say "HEY SUBSCRIBE AND YOU CAN GET THIS!"

A lot of stuff can be purchased on the Galactic Trade Network, which is the auction house if you played wow, for credits instead of real money or for a sub. But be warned, they cost a bit of cash.

rallaren

Unfortunatley, yes. Be prepared to see a lot of pop ups that say "HEY SUBSCRIBE AND YOU CAN GET THIS!"

A lot of stuff can be purchased on the Galactic Trade Network, which is the auction house if you played wow, for credits instead of real money or for a sub. But be warned, they cost a bit of cash.
I'm not a fan of this kind of sub model.

Is there really only 4 body types (free/sub?)? I remember there were like 10-12 when I created my char like a year ago.

Zafir

Kind of ridiculous how PVE weapons are better than PVP weapons in PVP at the moment. :|

(They have like 100 Pri damage more than conqueror, and it'll bolster it as well since it won't have expertise)

Alur

Kind of ridiculous how PVE weapons are better than PVP weapons in PVP at the moment. :|

(They have like 100 Pri damage more than conqueror, and it'll bolster it as well since it won't have expertise)

Not unlike how folks used PVP relics in PVE for a bit there. It happens regardless when you've got min maxing going on.

Alur

If your only interest is PvP for the most part, then it really starts to feel shitty.

I know that feel, but MMOs is MMOs. It flip flops like this often due to the wonders of itemization. It does suck more being weapons instead of relics, I'll give you that.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I just started again. Only got to to lvl 3 last time. 10 now and I kinda like it.

Do I need to be a subscriber to change my companions appearance even if I got the item?

By item did you mean unlock? You can buy any of the unlocks that cost real money on the GTN. The customize companion appearance unlock shouldn't be very expensive.

Man, that Mining Mesa staged weekly mission seems to go on and on.

Yup, and both my gf and me had severe performance problems in specific parts of that mesa. Was annoying to do that area since it has such a high mob density, so many back and forth steps, and then it randomly becoming a stuttering mess.

Top Bottom