• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Vestal

In regards to PVP I think they need to address Healers. Last night we had a match were at the end of the match in total there were at most 20 kills.

Healing is completely out of whack. They need to either add diminishing returns to same target heals with a timer or lower the amount of the heals. Maybe give classes abilities to debuff healing amount recieved?

Something, because as it stands now, if a group has more than 2 healers it just becomes a heal fest.

Alur

In regards to PVP I think they need to address Healers. Last night we had a match were at the end of the match in total there were at most 20 kills.

Healing is completely out of whack. They need to either add diminishing returns to same target heals with a timer or lower the amount of the heals. Maybe give classes abilities to debuff healing amount recieved?

Something, because as it stands now, if a group has more than 2 healers it just becomes a heal fest.

You say this and then Yooni says:

I will never learn to accept something that is so flawed. Damage needs to go DOWN accross the board, not up. TTK was still an issue pre-2.0, throw stuns in now (hell you don't even have to...) and goodbye.

I guess you enjoy double digit death games where no healers are present. Or enjoy blowing people up in 3 GCDs.

It's all relative.

You get in a group with great deeps right now, it's a twitch fest and not very fun for anyone IMO. You have a great couple healers cross-healing, it takes a little more effort than just rolling the face on the keyboard on someone who doesn't know how to kite, stun, or use their cooldowns.

Folks get frustrated because of that, but if you are working together it's no harder to kill anyone than it was in 1.x. If anything, seems quicker time to kill to me, like Milly/Yooni said.

Mordeccai

I don't see an issue with healing. Us healers go down FAST if the other team has half the brain to mark/focus fire on them. I can hold my own against anyone as scoundrel heals if I use my cooldowns, even kill them one on one half of the time, but if I get two good players on me using interrupts and stuns I'm absolutely fucked (though scamper has helped to LOS these every once in a while and I love making escapes like that with this update). Three shit players burn me down regardless of how stupidly they're playing.

Of course if you keep trying to bash the hell out of some guy that I've got three HOT's on and am spamming the hell out of with emergency med pack he's not gonna die. If somebody is absolutely not dying, your first instinct should be to scan the field and find the healer.

Vestal

I don't see an issue with healing. Us healers go down FAST if the other team has half the brain to mark/focus fire on them. I can hold my own against anyone as scoundrel heals if I use my cooldowns, even kill them one on one half of the time, but if I get two good players on me using interrupts and stuns I'm absolutely fucked (though scamper has helped to LOS these every once in a while and I love making escapes like that with this update). Three shit players burn me down regardless of how stupidly they're playing.

Of course if you keep trying to bash the hell out of some guy that I've got three HOT's on and am spamming the hell out of with emergency med pack he's not gonna die. If somebody is absolutely not dying, your first instinct should be to scan the field and find the healer.
Problem is when you have more than 2 healers on the opposing team. Try to pick one off, focus fire between 4-5 people and you still might not get him down fast enough to counteract his own healing and the others healing him.

Little background I play a Jugger/Tank and first thing I do is find the healer, and try to position him away from the battle field/stun/interrupt etc .

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I got it from a quest on the starting planet. It's in the bp.

Word on implementation to change appearance ingame?

Oh, if you got a piece of armor specific to a companion they can wear it, what you can't do as free to play is match the rest of their armor colors to the chest piece without getting the unlock for it. They can end up looking like clowns with mismatched armor colors.

Draxal

I'm kinda salty by how many basic tokens the basic gear requires. I understand the limitations for elite and up; but this just creates stupid drama of having so many undergeared people in flash points.

I'm kinda salty by how many basic tokens the basic gear requires. I understand the limitations for elite and up; but this just creates stupid drama of having so many undergeared people in flash points.

Eh it doesn't seem that bad. Going through Makeb and doing the seeker/macrobinoc quests gets you over 140 basic coms. You can also earn up to 75 more basic coms doing the dailies that give them out. You can also get almost 100 more for all the various weeklies.

Shouldn't be long before folks have geared up at all. Most who run through all the expansion content are going to be able to already purchase 2 pieces, with crafters selling for creds 2 more parts.

Mordeccai

Oh, if you got a piece of armor specific to a companion they can wear it, what you can't do as free to play is match the rest of their armor colors to the chest piece without getting the unlock for it. They can end up looking like clowns with mismatched armor colors.

He's talking about the customization slot. You get one as F2P but can't use it, its grade A trolling from bioware. Its the only way for companions like Bowdaar and Khem Val to put on some armor and changes the skin/hair of other companions.

I can see how having more than two healers would cause problems but then the DPS would be low especially if the healers don't do any combat. What it boils down to is there needs to be a way for the que to ensure each team has a healer, to be honest the matches suck without one because everybody just drops like flies and nodes are capped much easier because of it. Why cant they implement a check like the Op finder, where there are always two healers and no more?

Milly79

Damage at 55 isn't nearly as bad imo. Almost every game I played last night had a tank and 2 healers. Having 2 healers as it stands right now, is the new norm. It's a must have.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
The game looks really good btw. It's very high quality as a whole. Lots of work in it from what I can tell with only 10 levels on one character...
There's tons of content and production value. It's amazing how much money they clearly blew on this game.

Female Human Body Type 4 all day long.
I like Type 3 for Darth Snu Snu.

Samus4145

For the first time sine launch, I've started up again. Got a Jedi Guardian up to 21. Not sure which way to go with the skill tree, but I am enjoying the game so far.

HBroward

It definitely wins unless you run into 3 smashers... and lag.

Yeah that was unplayable. I used force barrier, and the cast bar was up on screen, the animation played, and I still took damage. It sucks because it isn't even an issue all the time, you just get these random games that are completely unplayable. All the affected people seem to be comcast users, but all the traces show the spikes happening once it has left the comcast network and goes on to other isp's routes. So there isn't much comcast can do about it, it seems other isp's may be throttling comcast access to their networks.

Heysoos

I've been playing full TK on my Sage. Constant 500k+ (not a lot compared to other specs butttt) and 200k+ healing games. So much fun and a good amount of burst if your procs all line up correctly, which happens quite a bit.

Infinity

Just re-subbed and started an agent on Jedi Covenant. I've heard so much about the agent's story, I had to give it a try.

So, I'm in the starter area and running one of the take out "x of y" bad guy missions and saw an achievement flash on my screen. After earning a couple, I went to the codex to view a list, but only saw one (which I believe was a planetary achievement).

Is there an aggregate list somewhere?

def sim

i've been playing some pvp as a healer and dudes just hells of ignoring me while im in the middle of a huge fight between damage characters is so silly

yep just let me make my team immortal thanks for that

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Just re-subbed and started an agent on Jedi Covenant. I've heard so much about the agent's story, I had to give it a try.

So, I'm in the starter area and running one of the take out "x of y" bad guy missions and saw an achievement flash on my screen. After earning a couple, I went to the codex to view a list, but only saw one (which I believe was a planetary achievement).

Is there an aggregate list somewhere?

The ones listed in the codex are the old achievements, the new system is located in the Legacy window. Press Y.

rallaren

I'm trying out the Agent as well. Not much better than Sith Warrior imo - I like the female body type 3 too - I need to try all I think. Damn, Bioware! Only 2 slots?! They really know what they're doing with this F2P stuff. I thought it would be a lot more of the game without the pay sub.

I would've preferred a more realitsic grapphical approach though but it would need more hardware performance from what I've heard.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Just got my cpu back and it's telling me "The login service is currently unavailable. Please check the forums for an update blablabla." Anyone else getting this error from the launcher or know how to fix it?

edit: NVM fixed it

HBroward

Just got my cpu back and it's telling me "The login service is currently unavailable. Please check the forums for an update blablabla." Anyone else getting this error from the launcher or know how to fix it?

edit: NVM fixed it

Awesome, welcome back again, hopefully you'll be on when I get off work for some good pvp action. We are in a different guild again though haha.

kmz

Neo Member
I'm trying out the Agent as well. Not much better than Sith Warrior imo - I like the female body type 3 too - I need to try all I think. Damn, Bioware! Only 2 slots?! They really know what they're doing with this F2P stuff. I thought it would be a lot more of the game without the pay sub.

I would've preferred a more realitsic grapphical approach though but it would need more hardware performance from what I've heard.

If you spend (or have spent) any money at all on the game, you should be Preferred and get 6 slots.

StudioTan

Just did! Any tips on what to start with on the cartel market with 490 coins? I saw some what looks like beginner necessities.

Yeah, that's a good pack to get. As I've said though, go to the GTN on your server and see what the unlocks are selling for then decide if it's worth using your coins or saving up credits to buy the unlocks.

EDIT: Actually, the Going Places one might be better because it comes with Rocket Boost which is very handy. Speeders are really cheap on the GTN.

rallaren

Yeah, that's a good pack to get. As I've said though, go to the GTN on your server and see what the unlocks are selling for then decide if it's worth using your coins or saving up credits to buy the unlocks.

EDIT: Actually, the Going Places one might be better because it comes with Rocket Boost which is very handy. Speeders are really cheap on the GTN.
I have a hard time choosing between the newcomer pack and going places bundle.
How much is cheap btw? Cheapest I saw was 35k.

Cystm

I have a hard time choosing between the newcomer pack and going places bundle.
How much is cheap btw? Cheapest I saw was 35k.

Many of the areas of the game dismount you and force you to walk, the rocket boots circumvent that as long as you are not in combat.

If you have just cleared a long cave to complete a quest for example you can use the boots to get back out quickly and on to something else.

It's one of the best upgrades you can obtain in the game. I always recommend that people pick it up.

Aside from that, comparing the packs:

Newcomer Bundle
(375 Cartel Coins)
contains the following items:
  • Quick Travel Pass
  • Czerka Cruiser Speeder
  • 5 Minor XP Boosts
  • Legacy Perk: Improved Speeder Piloting I

You get a glimpse of the convenience of Quicktravel, 25% XP gains for 5 hours, and can use mounts as early as level 10 for a single character.

Going Places Bundle
(2150 Cartel Coins)
This bundle contains:
  • 10 Quick Travel Passes
  • 10 Fleet Passes
  • Legacy Unlock: Rocket Boost
  • Legacy Unlock: Improved Rocket Boost I-II
  • Legacy Perk: Improved Speeder Piloting I-III
  • Legacy Perk: Improved Exploration Experience I-V
  • Legacy Unlock: Legacy Travel I-III
  • Legacy Perk: Priority Transport: Capital World
  • Legacy Perk: Priority Transport: The Black Hole
  • Legacy Perk: Priority Transport: The Outlaw's Den
  • Legacy Perk: Priority Transport: Player Ship

Legacy Unlocks means that should you ever roll another character, it to will gain these benefits.
If you want to see your story to the finish, the going places bundle is the way to go, however if you are thinking you just want to see how it goes, grab the Newcomer bundle and give the other one 10 or so more levels and then reconsider.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Awesome, welcome back again, hopefully you'll be on when I get off work for some good pvp action. We are in a different guild again though haha.

Lol, hook me up with an invite brooooooooo. I'm still going to be level 50 though, so I gotta level first. I'm going to be busy this week with some exams, but I'll be playing a lot more after that.

def sim

my healer is starting to look pretty boss

ib2kKXcyT1zkwA.png

Cystm

The Makeb Weekly drags ass. WEEKLY indeed!

Edit: It should give it some longevity though when it comes to replayability, and I like that you can pick and choose the quests that you prefer to complete the weekly.

Heysoos

What the fuck happened to rep pvp. Huge resurgence of mandos that can't play the class. Constantly trying to face tank instead of using LoS, getting interrupted and standing there dumbfounded as to what the fuck just happened, sages trying to take on Maras one on one. Vanguards that don't know what they're doing. Seeing classes with taunts end a match with ZERO protection points. Come on what the fuck

HBroward

What the fuck happened to rep pvp. Huge resurgence of mandos that can't play the class. Constantly trying to face tank instead of using LoS, getting interrupted and standing there dumbfounded as to what the fuck just happened, sages trying to take on Maras one on one. Vanguards that don't know what they're doing. Seeing classes with taunts end a match with ZERO protection points. Come on what the fuck

Hello and welcome to Imp pvp. All day, every day. Enjoy your stay.

Mordeccai

Holy shit that video explains so much. I'm amazed at how incompetent pug warzones can be.... I want to punch this kid in the fucking face. He can't even control his camera. He, like a bunch of other puggers, also doesn't understand that huttball != deathmatch. ffs.

Sorian

Banned
So, I haven't put in dedicated PvP time since back when I was getting my full set of War Hero last summer. I've done a match here and there since then but nothing huge and now with the expansion, I feel that I want to PvP grind some more. What am I getting myself into? :( From the sounds of the last couple posts, am I going to be dealing with full retards? (My main is an imp on harbinger if that has specific examples).

Cystm

So, I haven't put in dedicated PvP time since back when I was getting my full set of War Hero last summer. I've done a match here and there since then but nothing huge and now with the expansion, I feel that I want to PvP grind some more. What am I getting myself into? :( From the sounds of the last couple posts, am I going to be dealing with full retards? (My main is an imp on harbinger if that has specific examples).

What class are you again?

PatDH

Keen to try out this game but damn am I having a hard time downloading it. Will download at a reasonable speed for around a minute tops then it will slow down to 0.1kb/s and give me the "Network error while downloading patch data. Retrying (310)".
Done a whole lot of searching but none of the potential fixes I have tried have worked so far.
I'm up to downloading the Main Assets 1 but I have to babysit the download by pausing then resuming every time it stops downloading.

Would there be much point in going out and buying the boxed version? For all I know when it updates after installing from disc it'll just have the same problems. Sorry if this isn't the best place to post this, figured it was worth a shot though. Thanks.

Nitsuj23

Hey I just resubbed after not playing since a month after launch. I'm just curious what unlocks are? I'm having fun with the game I just get the sense I could be doing things faster and more efficiently, and I'm pretty unsure the best method of acquiring gear (questing, PvP, points?).

I left off as a 25 Sith Inquisitor so I continued that character. I like playing the class, just wish I understood the game better.

Tarazet

I can't do it. The clicking. Holy shit.

The keyboard turning, constant backpedaling, and clicking are a pretty rich combination. I was never a PC gamer before I started MMO's, so it was good for me that I had someone tell me to mouse-turn, use logical keybinds and bind strafe to AD. I never could use tab-targeting properly though, so I click to target.

Top Bottom