• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
How does the relatively low number of subscribers affect the end game? I'm having fun going through the single player and playing my characters story, but what keeps the max level guys around?

There is no way for us to know how many of the people online are subs vs f2p but populations are doing fine. The servers hold somewhere from 8,000-10,000 people and they're generally heavy to full during prime time.

Personally I think being in a good guild helps a lot. There is quite a lot to do now at end game. Flashpoints, Operations, PVP, daily quests on about a dozen different planets, crafting, space missions, achievement hunting, datacrons, seeker droid gathering, world bosses and probably a few things I'm forgetting. You can pick one activity a night and not repeat yourself for a month. I spend a lot of time just collecting things like armor and creating different looks. There are other things to collect like rare pets. Frankly I've been playing almost daily since launch and very rarely log in feeling like I have nothing to do, and I primarily play a single character.

Cystm

ibmywHHpAhkkQp.png

That is the sloppiest image I have ever seen.

Cystm

Looks like the CE Vendor will be getting some new goodies in 2.1.

CoryButler said:
Don't worry, you are not forgotten. There are new items coming to the CE Vendor with Game Update 2.1! We will have more information on what they are closer to its release.

Mordeccai

I think this is a sign. I'm tempted by some of the items in these new packs, so I went to the site to try to buy 10 bucks of cartel coins. Page won't load.

Money gods looking out for me?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I think this is a sign. I'm tempted by some of the items in these new packs, so I went to the site to try to buy 10 bucks of cartel coins. Page won't load.

Money gods looking out for me?

I bought a hypercrate and didn't get any of the things I wanted :( I bought a hypercrate of the last pack and got almost everything I wanted so I guess it evens out. A bunch of the stuff I got is gold though (like the Bastila chest piece) which means it should be rare so I'll see if I can sell it to get the stuff I want.

My streak of luck on the crates continues. Garbage. I keep getting the belt bracer combo boxes as well which are the lamest parts of the costumes to get. My locker is packed with random cartel bracers and belt set ugh. My GF always gets the cool mounts :-\

The next "big" update is supposedly mostly all Quality of life improvements, so in another 4 weeks or so we may see all those things, Probably not though. :)

Assume Cathar will be in the next update with their little "tease". Wonder what quality of life stuff they will add, hopefully lot of meaningful stuff if they don't add any actual content.

And game really needs to add some more flashpoints, gotten more of everything else so far, but no new flashpoints? And now theres only 4 for geared 55's to do now.

Draxal

I'm pretty turned off bu the cartel packs, just because my rng luck is pretty bad. Didn't even get any certificates in yesterday's batch.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
My long term wants are server transfers and maybe new ships (though I know why they wouldn't want to do that at all). I really wish they'd have just had different ships for the two Jedi and Sith classes.

Mordeccai

I know they have to keep the drop rates low for the rare gear, because thats how they make all their money on these things, but damn. Sucks that you guys aren't getting any good gear from them.

The page loaded this morning and I bought 10 bucks worth, only got some handmaiden gear and a silver crystal :/ got a cool looking sniper rifle but that'll sell for pennies.

Think I'm done spending money on these lol. I'll just stick to the one I get free per month.

My long term wants are server transfers and maybe new ships (though I know why they wouldn't want to do that at all). I really wish they'd have just had different ships for the two Jedi and Sith classes.
Best chance for new ships is with the space revamp. I hope they get to it at some point in this game's lifetime because I would just stay in space all the time.

I know they have to keep the drop rates low for the rare gear, because thats how they make all their money on these things, but damn. Sucks that you guys aren't getting any good gear from them.

The page loaded this morning and I bought 10 bucks worth, only got some handmaiden gear and a silver crystal :/ got a cool looking sniper rifle but that'll sell for pennies.

Think I'm done spending money on these lol. I'll just stick to the one I get free per month.

The sniper rifle might sell for good credits. Most of the weapons I've gotten from cartel packs usually go for good amount.

I wouldn't spend real money on the packs though, always just use the monthly allowance stuff. If I want something specific, usually just easier to pay credits in game for it.

StudioTan

I'm hoping for expanded guild features/tools in upcoming QOL patches.

PatDH

Going to crack into this tonight, looking forward to it. If my first hour or so is enjoyable then I can see myself subbing tonight/this weekend. No idea yet which side or class I'll choose though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How do I /clubdance without sub? It says I can find emotes in packs on the cartel market. Which one/s?

Check the GTN, emote stuff is usually pretty cheap on there.

Cystm

izfL6O1RTMUAt.jpg

This one in particular is fugly, but the other faces should be better.

Edit:

"Get ready to fight as a Cathar in Game Update 2.1: Customization!"

So Cartel Market character customizations and dare I say Server transfers?

StudioTan

izfL6O1RTMUAt.jpg

Edit:

600 cartel coins to unlock? WAY cheaper than I thought they would be. I'll be buying.

Cystm

Cathar Preview

Dulfy has Screencaps of some of the different faces available.

Cathar, a playable species announced last year, will be introduced in SWTOR Game Update
  • 2.1 as as a cartel coin purchase.
  • Unlockable via the cartel market for cartel coins (600 cartel coins) . You can convert either an existing character or reroll a new character.
  • Unlock is account wide rather than just legacy wide (i.e. applied to all servers, all your legacies)
  • Available to all eight classes (both factions)
  • Both male and female
  • Cool new fur patterns, new hair styles
  • Great social emote for your Cathar pride
  • Trooper companion Aric Jordan will be have his appearance adjusted to bring him inline with the new Cathar models. He will be utilizing the new fur technology and better reflect how Cathars will look.

Heysoos

After 4 dailies, I'm currently sitting at 1 win 15 losses

Updating as I go:

1 W 16 L
------
2 W 16 L
3 W 16 L Holy crap 2 win streak
3 W 17 L
4 W 17 L
5 W 17 L
6 W 17 L
6 W 18 L
7 W 18 L
8 W 18 L
9 W 18 L

WEEKLY DONE

StudioTan

So with that title, assume 2.1 is also going to have the barber shop functions put in as well.

They seem to be trickling out info, there is still an NDA on the rest of the content in the patch, Dulfy says there will be more info released next week. Considering the patch is called "Customization" then it's almost assured that the barber shop is coming, especially because she commented about more info coming to someone who was asking about species changes. I'm also hoping for a dye system of some kind which Damion has hinted they were working on.

They seem to be trickling out info, there is still an NDA on the rest of the content in the patch, Dulfy says there will be more info released next week. Considering the patch is called "Customization" then it's almost assured that the barber shop is coming, especially because she commented about more info coming to someone who was asking about species changes. I'm also hoping for a dye system of some kind which Damion has hinted they were working on.

Yea a dye system would be good. They got to put stuff in the update that doesn't require cartel coins or there will be a riot.

izfL6O1RTMUAt.jpg

Edit:

Server transfers would be great but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Cystm

What the fuck happened to the PUBs? It's not just PD that is garbage (Though they always have been)

The daily. It is painful.

PatDH

Well started an Imperial Agent last night, got to lvl6 before heading to bed. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Logged on this morning and after doing 1 part of a quest I thought screw it and subscribed. See how this first month goes :)

StudioTan

If the entire next update is nothing but cartel market functions... that's pretty bullshit.

Darthhater is saying the appearance kiosks cost credits and don't need real money. There was a bunch of fan sites that were shown the new stuff in 2.1 so I would assume they know what they're talking about. Maybe it works on a token system where some are gotten through in-game means and others are acquired on the market?

Darthhater is saying the appearance kiosks cost credits and don't need real money. There was a bunch of fan sites that were shown the new stuff in 2.1 so I would assume they know what they're talking about. Maybe it works on a token system where some are gotten through in-game means and others are acquired on the market?

That will be cool then, hopefully it's not ridiculous prices like legacy unlocks for credits.

StudioTan

That will be cool then, hopefully it's not ridiculous prices like legacy unlocks for credits.

Nope! Looks like Darthhater was wrong - http://dulfy.net/2013/04/26/swtor-armor-dyes-and-appearance-designer-kiosk-details/ Appearance stuff costs cartel coins but subs get a permanent discount. Hopefully prices are reasonable.

Dyes come from crafting, cartel market, security key and CE vendors. It seems like it works the same as modding gear but some stuff can't be dyed and dyes are single use.

Top Bottom