• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Milly79

LOL, just by clicking that link i got a "Subscription Changed" email. No action on my part. I just happened to be logged in. Kind of shady

Yeah, it happened to me too when I used it a few weeks back from a friend. Do you have a CC on file? I'd assume you do. Just make sure it isn't set to renew or anything if you don't want to have it sub you.

Looks like every component in GSF got nerfed except for range bonuses on various ordnance which is getting doubled. Frankly all that needed nerfing to me was the gunships penetration.

Milly79

I just rolled a Merc Bounty Hunter -- can anyone point me to the best leveling build?

I would just go arsenal. Pyro is OK, but really doesn't hold a candle to it anymore. Arsenal is great for leveling, end game pve and all pvp. It is a turret spec however.

Heysoos

I would just go arsenal. Pyro is OK, but really doesn't hold a candle to it anymore. Arsenal is great for leveling, end game pve and all pvp. It is a turret spec however.

your face is a turret spec

anyways GGs tonight, alur

1(?) loss vs however many wins that was

Alur

your face is a turret spec

anyways GGs tonight, alur

1(?) loss vs however many wins that was

Yes indeed. Also furthered our hypothesis on huttball.

We played roughly 12-15 games...2 Voidstar and 1 Huttball in that stretch. The unbalanced warzone selection is wild, I think it's actually a real thing. We had a goodly amount of CW, AHG, NC, and two arenas...the rest seems forgotten.

So, on the subject of "little things"/cosmetic things - the sarlacc pit recharge/regen item is friggin' awesome. Homi pulled one out last night and I was in awe. Could just be me though. Beats my little gree cube.

Milly79

I remember when it seemed like it became an issue around 2.0 for the war zone imbalance and Bioware commented saying the algorithm didn't change and it wasn't an issue.

Ogimachi

I'm glad I'm not the only one excited :p I had a Bothan swordsman/master chef/musician. I would even consider changing my main's race to a Bothan since I'm using the same name. When I saw him during the cutscene I kind of did a double take.

Only races that speak Basic, they said the tested out having people be able to play something like a Wookie but constantly listening to growls during 100+ hours of questing got extremely annoying. They also won't add any races that can't use the default body shapes.
I've seen them giving a different reason before, saying it was too much work and people had been showing little interest in a few existing races and cathar after release. At least that's what I recall.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
FP tease seems to indicate that tomorrow starts the Rakghoul event.

Yeah, there's nothing on Alderaan at the moment so it's just a tease. Tomorrow seems like a sure bet.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
No Rakghoul event yet. They can turn it on at any time however.

Alur

No Rakghoul event yet. They can turn it on at any time however.

I am disappointed it isn't out yet, but they keep hinting at it on the forums so it really does seem like it could be going live any time.

Also, I'm all over

swtor-kalakar-strike-fighter-simulator-speeder-2_thumb.jpg

and adding

swtor-korrealis-duke-se-speeder-2_thumb.jpg

to my Korrealis collection. That strike fighter is the closest I'll ever get to the raid tank mount, unfortunately.

StudioTan

Err, don't think they would have bounty hunter week (which is going on right now) against the Rakghoul event.

Well they did have the Gree event at the same time as the Life Day event. The BH event is monthly and old hat at this point.

The teasing on FB and on the dev tracker is getting annoying, most seem to expected the event today and still nothing. They better not be dragging this out till next week or much longer

Ocho

I am disappointed it isn't out yet, but they keep hinting at it on the forums so it really does seem like it could be going live any time.

Also, I'm all over

swtor-kalakar-strike-fighter-simulator-speeder-2_thumb.jpg

and adding

swtor-korrealis-duke-se-speeder-2_thumb.jpg

to my Korrealis collection. That strike fighter is the closest I'll ever get to the raid tank mount, unfortunately.

Can you have a copilot in that Korrealis?

vilmer_

I hope they bring back the Containment Officer set, I only have the gloves and boots from the first event. That outfit was scary lookin' lol.

MillerEP

Neo Member
I dusted this game off and re-installed it and tried to play it again last night. I grabbed my lvl 35 Imperial Agent and jumped in. Either I totally forgot how to play the class and am screwing it up, or they nerfed the hell out of him. I'm squishier than a grape in summer.

StudioTan

I dusted this game off and re-installed it and tried to play it again last night. I grabbed my lvl 35 Imperial Agent and jumped in. Either I totally forgot how to play the class and am screwing it up, or they nerfed the hell out of him. I'm squishier than a grape in summer.

Are you a Sniper or Operative? I'm assuming Sniper and if so Sniper/Gunslinger are one of the few classes that haven't really had a lot of changes aside from the shuffling of the skill trees when they raised the level cap to 55 and the new level 51 skill. They are pretty squishy but it's always hard to come back to an MMO and remember how to play. Make sure to use your defensive cooldowns, use cover and choose the right companion.

Alur

Sorry about that alur my power went out think I'm just going to call it

No worries. It was past time to end that run anyway. Pub side was beginning to turn into Turd side. We went to Imp side and did dailies and queued a few games, won all but one. Figures.

A wasted opportunity.

Welcome to SWTOR! :p

Too soon? :p

I caved and bought one of the new hypercrates last night. My hope was to get the mount I linked above (Kalakar Strike Fighter Simulator), and to a lesser extent the new Korrealis model. Naturally, I failed on both counts.

I got a full set of the Jori Daragon armor (chest and gloves are A+), one of the Sky Cruisers (recolored Sienar CC mount), almost a set of the new cybernetic armor, and two Dejarik tables. Also like 3x of the imp GSF ship they included in the packs. Maybe I'll at least make some creds to buy the Strike Fighter.

Moral to story: I did this again?! Why?!

StudioTan

No worries. It was past time to end that run anyway. Pub side was beginning to turn into Turd side. We went to Imp side and did dailies and queued a few games, won all but one. Figures.

I caved and bought one of the new hypercrates last night. My hope was to get the mount I linked above (Kalakar Strike Fighter Simulator), and to a lesser extent the new Korrealis model. Naturally, I failed on both counts.

I got a full set of the Jori Daragon armor (chest and gloves are A+), one of the Sky Cruisers (recolored Sienar CC mount), almost a set of the new cybernetic armor, and two Dejarik tables. Also like 3x of the imp GSF ship they included in the packs. Maybe I'll at least make some creds to buy the Strike Fighter.

I always have to hold myself back from buying a hypercrate and force myself to wait until stuff starts showing up on the GTN because sometimes the sets I want are very common and cheap.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got the email telling me that SPAECFITE is live for preferred, so I'm looking forward to checking that out this week.

Draxal

The Jori daragon loincloth looks very weird with some armor sets on a male character.

Alur

I always have to hold myself back from buying a hypercrate and force myself to wait until stuff starts showing up on the GTN because sometimes the sets I want are very common and cheap.

Yeah, I got tons of the common ones. Way more than usual it seemed like this time. Maybe cause it seemed like there was slightly less items?

The Jori daragon loincloth looks very weird with some armor sets on a male character.

I dread the oncoming onslaught of dudes and dudes playing gals in underwear that is about to commence. YOLO, though, I guess!

BTW, this upcoming Operative/Scoundrel DPS buff...there's a few on JC who put out some insane damage on a very consistent basis. I realize the dots are helping this, but they do some pretty nice burst on me as a healer as well. I don't know if these few have the magic touch or what (as they are basically the only ones I see), but if it's fairly easily repeatable after the buff I'm curious how popular the spec will get. I've yet to see a smash monkey or assassin topping them in these games.

Alur

You're seeing scrappers top the dps charts?

Yeah, regularly. Just two of them, with a third pretty close. They are very good, though, so I dunno how it would shake out on say a B or B+ level player. But if these dudes get a buff, it's gonna be sick for them.

Heysoos

Yeah, regularly. Just two of them, with a third pretty close. They are very good, though, so I dunno how it would shake out on say a B or B+ level player. But if these dudes get a buff, it's gonna be sick for them.

Yep. I'm scared to meet those fuckers. Two of them are top tier, but there's a few more than are pretty damn good. Going to be interesting to watch. It's insane how easily they can kill me, even when I'm on my tank.

StudioTan

God help me I've started to make a spreadsheet for my inventory.

Alur

Vps and Excised are the two I've seen top the charts, Excised the most, as Vps is always healing. Excised used to play heals, didn't know he had went deeps but we played several games the other night and he was in all of them and was putting up 1 million easy to everyone else's 600-800.

God help me I've started to make a spreadsheet for my inventory.

You are already lost.

Milly79

Vps and Excised are the two I've seen top the charts, Excised the most, as Vps is always healing. Excised used to play heals, didn't know he had went deeps but we played several games the other night and he was in all of them and was putting up 1 million easy to everyone else's 600-800.

Sure they're not dot spammers? As much as I hate to admit it, Vas is the only scrapper that was good.

Draxal

How's the space combat?

Its really good, there's one caveat though.

You will get slaughtered initially by people as there are a good amount of people who have a played a good amount and have geared up (and there's alot of gearing in starfighter).

UltraMav

Hmmm, kind of underwhelmed by this pack. Most interesting things to me were the Daragon armors, but not sure if I'd actually use them on any characters, as they're pretty silly. Maybe they'll provide some awesome gear combinations with other sets, though.

Alur

Sure they're not dot spammers? As much as I hate to admit it, Vas is the only scrapper that was good.

Him and Love still running around, actually quite a few of the old PD folks. Love was trolling our group in a double premade for no apparent reason the other night, had to have some words with him/her. Gotta love those PD folks.

Likely are dot spamming, and yes Infiltrata was the third Heysoos I just couldn't remember the name. Still yet, they are much better than I would have expected

Hmmm, kind of underwhelmed by this pack. Most interesting things to me were the Daragon armors, but not sure if I'd actually use them on any characters, as they're pretty silly. Maybe they'll provide some awesome gear combinations with other sets, though.

I liked the Strike Fighter/Tauntaun/Korrealis mounts pretty well, best since the first pack IMO. The Daragon armors are a bit silly, but if you have a sage/sorcerer/shadow/assassin they fit pretty well. It did hurt having no new neat crystals. Where my all black crystal at, mane? More cybernetic armor is always good too.

kmz

Neo Member
Who are y'all playing Pubside JC these days? I've been trying to learn to heal on my Scoundrel, hopefully going to get him to the same level of half decent as Shep. If you see Beevo, hit him up.

Heysoos

Who are y'all playing Pubside JC these days? I've been trying to learn to heal on my Scoundrel, hopefully going to get him to the same level of half decent as Shep. If you see Beevo, hit him up.

Alur has been playing on Willend/Xalles, I've been playing on pretty much all my characters even though I told myself I'd concentrate on one, so I've been on (Jaycam/Jayzoos/Adcom/Norad/Marston). There's also his Starsider friends Bruta, and a couple others that will periodically join us.

Top Bottom