• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Companion changes are great, Bounty Hunters stay winning now that Blizz can heal and dps.

I'm liking the companion changes. Having to keep them geared and yourself was annoying, especially if you wanted to use one you hadn't used in awhile.

I'm liking the companion changes. Having to keep them geared and yourself was annoying, especially if you wanted to use one you hadn't used in awhile.

Yeah, this. I pretty much ended up getting locked into one or two companions 'cause I didn't want to shell out the credits to upgrade all of their gear...

I kind of want to try this game again. Is it easy for someone to come back who only got to level 15 around launch?
I'd say so. Just started playing two days ago, myself. If you managed to attach an authenticator, you probably have a nice amount of Cartel Coins waiting for you, too.

When is the new expansion coming out? Also how is the GAF community doing? Is there a GAF guild/server?
October 27th for the expansion.

As for the GAF guild I think it's still going. It's on Jedi Covenant Republic side but mostly everybody is spread out on different servers.

I just started playing this last night as a Bounty Hunter. It seems fun enough. I think I was expecting battles to be a little more like KOTOR where you had a standard attack that your character would do in between triggering special abilities, but it seems like there is no standard attack.

Seems buggier than bird shit though; the first time I loaded it up my character was invisible. Second time I rolled my character had no head. That was kinda cool.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I just started playing this last night as a Bounty Hunter. It seems fun enough. I think I was expecting battles to be a little more like KOTOR where you had a standard attack that your character would do in between triggering special abilities, but it seems like there is no standard attack.

Seems buggier than bird shit though; the first time I loaded it up my character was invisible. Second time I rolled my character had no head. That was kinda cool.

That's really weird. Are you using streaming mode on the launcher? It allows you to play without downloading the entire game. I've never seen those bugs.

Actually yes, I was playing while it was still loading in the non-starting planet content. That's probably exactly why I had those bugs. I didn't really consider that because the description of that streaming mode made it appear as if anything in the starting area would be fine.

Actually yes, I was playing while it was still loading in the non-starting planet content. That's probably exactly why I had those bugs. I didn't really consider that because the description of that streaming mode made it appear as if anything in the starting area would be fine.

I was having similar issues even after the download had finished. If it happens to you, too, go into the bitraider folder in your SWTOR install and delete the config folder and the three xfr files. Next time you log into the launcher it will verify your files and fix everything.

Moff

HOLY SHIT Jedi Guardian storyline Level 43
fucking Lord Scourge joins your team? I'm blown away

it's even cooler if you read the revan novel, because he was very important there
JK story is by far the best of the game, imo

An updated interface editor is coming with KOTFE patch.
H7qT63D.jpg
Also new group finder.

Tomorrow's patch will introduce some graphical and performance improvements to the game. Hope the anti-aliasing looks nice.

Game Update 3.3.2 Patch Notes

Highlights New performance optimizations! Made multiple improvements targeting graphics, framerate, and load times. See below for details!

Bounty Contract Week Returns! Speak with a Bounty Brokers Association representative on either Fleet to get lucrative contracts to hunt dangerous criminals hiding across the galaxy! The event begins September 22nd at 04:00 PST/12:00 GMT and ends September 29th at 04:00 PST/12:00 GMT.

General

Made multiple performance optimizations across the game. The effects of these improvements will depend on settings, computer specifications, and your location in-game:
Improved anti-aliasing to give better performance on Medium settings and better overall image quality on Very High settings.
Environment rendering has been given a subtle contrast boost.
Character rendering has been adjusted so that characters are more obvious and stand out a bit more against the background.
Improved rendering performance of shadows.
Improved rendering performance of grass and other foliage.
Improved area load times, as well as made general performance and memory improvements.
Made framerate improvements, especially when in a large group of characters.
The Gree Hypergate Rest and Recharge item can no longer be used during Warzones.
The Selkath Console Decoration has been reverted to its proper appearance.
The Sensor Console: X1-74 Decoration now has collision as intended.
Fixed textures that were not fully rendering in the Korriban Incursion Flashpoint.

Missions + NPCs

The Imperial Commando and Soldier now attack after speaking with Master Gauralt during the Mission “A Presence on Ziost.”

Warzones

The Warzone UI now properly states that it is Season Six.

Any comments on the supposed updated visuals, improved load times?

I can't tell a difference at all as far as performance and graphics go. If I crank the shadows up to high I drop down from 60FPS to like 24 (mind you, that's with 8xSGSSAA).

Load times aren't especially noticeable to me. The bigger planets like Corellia seem to load a little bit faster, but I'm not sure if it's just because the loading bar plays tricks on me. It used to be the loading bar would just stop half way through loading, then take a minute or two to load after that, but now it basically snaps to the end, then does the same load time there.

So, I dunno.

BioWare Austin will be having Twitch streamers at TwitchCon showing off the first chapter of Knights of the Fallen Empire in about 6 minutes.

twitch.tv/swtor

There will be spoilers and sometimes obnoxious commentary because Twitch.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
BioWare Austin will be having Twitch streamers at TwitchCon showing off the first chapter of Knights of the Fallen Empire in about 6 minutes.

twitch.tv/swtor

There will be spoilers and sometimes obnoxious commentary because Twitch.

Saw a little bit of the opening on IGN. It's looking good but hard to watch someone who's never played the game try to play it for the first time.

EDIT: Right away I notice that there are different dialogue options between Imps and Republic where appropriate. That's good at least, gives it a little different flavour.

Tendo

In my star wars hype I booted this up for the first time in over a year. I'm so lost on all the changes. I see that Amazon bundle is a great deal, might snag that and start playing again. Game still have active populations?

StudioTan

In my star wars hype I booted this up for the first time in over a year. I'm so lost on all the changes. I see that Amazon bundle is a great deal, might snag that and start playing again. Game still have active populations?

The PVP servers seem to be somewhat dead but overall the population is very healthy.

I'm on Harbinger, it probably has the highest population as it is the default location for everyone APAC and therefore it probably has the most consistent pop around the clock.

The RP servers, while they may report high population, they are much smaller servers hence high on an RP server is low on a PVE server.

Moff

and sorceror gets the teleport the assassin already had...
disappointing, but not really important, as I will probably just play the story and no longer participate in endgame PVP and PVE

Felspawn

So I like the change so all companions can fill all roles but are they all going to be equally good? I mean I'm glad mako isn't just a healer and I can use her as dps but will she be as good a tank as Blizz? I think I'd like it if everyone can do everything but they are still strongest in thier chosen role, be it healer dps etc

Top Bottom