• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

It is launching next week. And if not then the next. So no worries about subbing for two months before it hits.

They really need to get this clear and out there though. They want people to resub to get their cartel coins and if they don't get enough warning out, they are losing out on alot of potential money. They need to announce the F2P already and make it widely known.

HBroward

They said this yesterday:

Originally Posted by Lurtzello
Joveth Gonzalez has just confirmed via Twitter that there will be "No 1.5 this week. We're still testing on PTS. This was going to be a normal maintenance for our systems."

Correct. Stay tuned for info on when Game Update 1.5 is coming out. You shouldn't have to wait too long. -Joveth Gonzalez

I read somewhere that F2P players won't be able to "hide head slot".

Is there a list of all these minor specifics? It seems redundant to not let people do something like this, but on the other hand I am greatly annoyed by not having had this feature when I played my guardian. wearing a hooded robe my character became bald, because it couldnt render the hair. that is understandable, as head gear in games always have compatibility issues hair.
I just don't like seeing my helmet all the time. *sigh*

I got an email saying that I have 300 cartel coins from my two paid months.

What can you even spend those on? If I play a bit with my friend will I be able to unlock the stupid shit they took out in F2P like extra hotbars and PvP?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I read somewhere that F2P players won't be able to "hide head slot".

Is there a list of all these minor specifics? It seems redundant to not let people do something like this, but on the other hand I am greatly annoyed by not having had this feature when I played my guardian. wearing a hooded robe my character became bald, because it couldnt render the hair. that is understandable, as head gear in games always have compatibility issues hair.
I just don't like seeing my helmet all the time. *sigh*

It'll be 350 cartel coins to unlock that perk for one character or 775 coins to unlock it on all characters (current or future). We still don't know how much cartel coins cost but a safe assumption is 350=$3.50 since subscribers get 500 coins per month and most games that reward subs with cash shop currency give you 1/3 of your sub fee.

It'll be 350 cartel coins to unlock that perk for one character or 775 coins to unlock it on all characters (current or future). We still don't know how much cartel coins cost but a safe assumption is 350=$3.50 since subscribers get 500 coins per month and most games that reward subs with cash shop currency give you 1/3 of your sub fee.

if Im only interested in Warzones, can I unlock access to warzones permanently? with enough coins?

vilmer_

Dammit I don't know what's worse in a 1v1 situation a Marauder or Assassin :lol I'm debating on re-rolling for a taste of something different. I've been a Focus Guardian since the beta and with the 'buffs' from 1.4 there are way too many fotm's now. Until they realize that they are a one trick aoe crit whore pony without any sort of survivability outside of a generous pocket healer, I fear there are just going to be more and more. I'm thinking Assault Vanguard.

Cystm

Steam Grid View Icons Deluge.

if Im only interested in Warzones, can I unlock access to warzones permanently? with enough coins?

You will likely be able to spend significantly less on Weekly Warzone passes than paying $15 a month.

I didn't read too deep cause I've been election watching and stressing all night, but I did want to say something.

/soapbox

The developers of SWTOR should give you a medal (how bout an in game title? The Chronicler? No? okay then) for your dedication to the game, and I mean that in a sincere non-snarky way.

I don't know many folks who still love the game as much as I do, but you definitely exceed my passion for it. I still find the game very enjoyable (though I did take a month off) and I am genuinely glad to see you in here supporting this game despite all the backlash it seems to create at every turn. The narrative of this game was set long ago when 1.2 didn't arrive in a timely manner and it's been negative nancy on the interwebs ever since. I regret that the tone shifted that way and what small part I played in it with my own and my friend's complaints over PVP, so it is very refreshing to see someone trying to remain positive and bring folks into the fold instead of turn them away.

All to say, I appreciate your efforts, please carry on.

/steps down from soapbox

Cystm, Alur wants the D.

But seriously, that is the best OP I've seen on GAF.

Holy shit. Thank you.

Alur

You will likely be able to spend significantly less on Weekly Warzone passes than paying $15 a month.

Yep. If I was them I'd go in the 7-10$ range for a month of access to ops or to warzones.

Edit: Only mildly shamed to admit that I'm getting my Star Wars fix ATM from the new Angry Birds release. It's better than space combat I swear!

HBroward

1.5 and Free to Play launch on Nov. 15th.

So, the Star Wars: The Old Republic Free-to-play option is coming November 15, the same time as Game Update 1.5! @SWTOR

And at launch, the least amount of Cartel Coins you can buy is 450 at $4.99, although the team reserves the right to add items under the $4.99 price point in the future

Someone may want to create a thread about it gaming side.

Milly79

Yep. If I was them I'd go in the 7-10$ range for a month of access to ops or to warzones.

Edit: Only mildly shamed to admit that I'm getting my Star Wars fix ATM from the new Angry Birds release. It's better than space combat I swear!

It is way better than space combat.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

That's exactly what it is as long as you buy the $40 pack of coins which nets you 5500 of them. At that price it costs $1.75 for any of the weekly passes which would be just under $7 a month.

Alur

They reserve the right to lower price packages...they will be doing that sooner than later IMO - I really thought they'd do in point bunches of $250. This isn't Xbox live - I can see the why, I just don't think it's the same clientele.

Cystm

I'm at work. If you guys are able to help answer questions over in the F2 play thread, that'd be great. I saw a few of you already <3

Draxal

I'm at work. If you guys are able to help answer questions over in the F2 play thread, that'd be great. I saw a few of you already <3

I'm shocked that thread isn't flooded with negative responses already. I think you OT distracted all those posters, gj on it btw.

HBroward

So I just saw this:

Subscribers on the one month plan will receive 500 CC per month. Players on the 3 month or 6 month plans will receive more per month. (Exact numbers were not given but will be available next week.)

That is awesome, glad I do 6 months at a time.

Also this:

Character transfers to the PTS are something they are currently working on and will be available in the near future.

And the BIGGEST bit of news:
From the press email "All former subscribers who reactivate their subscription by the new date of December 20, 2012 at 11:59am CDT will be granted Complimentary Cartel Coins for their prior paid months up to November 15, 2012."

StudioTan

So I just saw this:

That is awesome, glad I do 6 months at a time.

Also this:

And the BIGGEST bit of news:

All really good news! I'm already on a 3 month sub, maybe I'll change it to a 6 month one.

Alur

I'm shocked that thread isn't flooded with negative responses already. I think you OT distracted all those posters, gj on it btw.

I was surprised as well. I honestly think GAF in general has bashed SWTOR so much that it's no longer even interested in trolling, let alone playing. It's just kind of dried up already in the other thread.

Cystm

I was surprised as well. I honestly think GAF in general has bashed SWTOR so much that it's no longer even interested in trolling, let alone playing. It's just kind of dried up already in the other thread.

It's still early lol. Now if F2play released today and it was still this slow, then you might be on to something. I think people just want to finally check this game out that were turned off by the monthly fee, and it still being a week away, there is still not much for them to discuss just yet.

I don't know though, we'll see how it goes.

Alur

I dunno man. Threads are generally the most popular right as they hit, not when they are resurrected a week later. We shall see I guess.

Cystm

Man it was really hard getting through this video:

Developer Dispatch: HK-51 Activated

Until they started showing what is going to be in the new daily hub. That whole zone looks mechanically fantastic, though the story behind it seems really dumb. "The Republic created a prison, it failed, and they forgot about it. Also it turns out there is a super weapon there."

Right.

That Tank mount looks amazing as well.

Will you be getting two of this mount too, Yooni?

Milly79

He knows because I bitch about it to anyone that will listen. You know this. :)

tumblr_lzh5pw3kiL1ro9urdo1_400.gif

And yes, I plan on having 2. Possibly 3, depending on if I decide to use my PT in raids or not. :)

Phinor

I finally started playing SWTOR and I'm pretty much enjoying it so far. It's very typical MMO but Star Wars is a huge draw for me.

One problem: the mouse. Feels very weird. Horizontal and vertical speeds are not synced. Is there any way to change that? I already turned my mouse sensitivity down to 0% which is still a bit too quick on X axis while being a bit too slow for Y.

Milly79

Because you gave me clips that have in-game music running, so I either mute the game sounds and throw some music over it which is kind of boring or make something that sounds fubar.

I have not PvP'd in weeks, mang. I still have that video with in-game/Mumble running over it, so it does you not help.

Top Bottom