• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Cystm

I have not PvP'd in weeks, mang. I still have that video with in-game/Mumble running over it, so it does you not help.

I'd like to do some matches with you, get some other footage and basically act as a camera. Also, send me all your best scoreboards, please. I need eight or more.

ShaneB

Getting quite attached to this game :) Really digging the Gunslinger, my only main issue, and I guess it's a big one, is that is does feel pretty linear... which can be a good thing, because I can already get overwhelmed with how much stuff there is in mmo's. :p

Cystm

Jesus man! :lol

Am I a... celeb?

I just want to make something that is good. I have a concept and I think it'll be decent rather than just throwing some music on top of a match or two.

BTW are you at all adverse to the music I have used in any of my videos so far?

I'll be back in 10 days from holiday, doubt ill be welcomed back to the guild or anything (don't even know who's in it or in charge anymore..) but if you guys want to pvp and stuff ill be up for it ;)

Cystm

I'll be back in 10 days from holiday, doubt ill be welcomed back to the guild or anything (don't even know who's in it or in charge anymore..) but if you guys want to pvp and stuff ill be up for it ;)

Are you talking about whatever guild HBroward and Milly are in? Because you are always welcome back in GAF or GAF empire.

HBroward

You are always welcome, and you'll be returning to a guild that is the healthiest it has ever been as a matter of fact. We merged with Amatuer Hour two weeks ago. We have multiple successful raid groups now. Our group has cleared HM TFB three weeks in a row, and we cleared it in one night yesterday and that's with a couple alts filling in and a tank that had never cleared it. Our other two groups are both 4/5 HM TfB, and have both come really close, they just haven't had enough time in phase 2 of the last boss, but a lot have cleared it in other groups as stand ins. And we have a ton more pvpers now, and some actually good ones too, aside from just Yooni, Anore, Barbie and I. I think you will be pleased with how things have progressed while you were out having fun! :)

Milly79

Things suck. I don't know what Trevin is talking about. We haven't raided once since you left, since we were always lacking a healer. Amateur Hour? Who is that? We also don't PvP anymore.

To sum it up: don't listen to the Minister of Misinformation

HBroward

Yooni is right, everyone quit except for me and him and we sit in an empty guild chat talking about how much we want to unsub. And we failed downing the first boss of SM EV the other day. Cause it was just the two of us. I don't even know where all this dread guard gear I'm wearing came from. I think I stole someones account or something accidentally. I guess my last post just wasn't believable. Merging with Amateur Hour gave it away I guess, huh?

My previous post was true, as hard as it is to believe!

Milly79

Yooni is right, everyone quit except for me and him and we sit in an empty guild chat talking about how much we want to unsub. And we failed downing the first boss of SM EV the other day. Cause it was just the two of us. I don't even know where all this dread guard gear I'm wearing came from. I think I stole someones account or something accidentally. I guess my last post just wasn't believable. Merging with Amateur Hour gave it away I guess, huh?

My previous post was true, as hard as it is to believe!

That sounds oddly familiar.

daoster

I'm thinking about jumping back in...the fully paid option and all that...at least to finish off the JK, Consular, and Bounty Hunter story (who knows, I might play SW and Imperial Agent as well).

What server is the GAF and GAF Empire at now? And have they told us if they're planning on updating the class's story any time soon? I dunno, maybe it was cause i was playing smuggler, but it seemed to end so anti-climatically.

Milly79

I'm thinking about jumping back in...the fully paid option and all that...at least to finish off the JK, Consular, and Bounty Hunter story (who knows, I might play SW and Imperial Agent as well).

What server is the GAF and GAF Empire at now? And have they told us if they're planning on updating the class's story any time soon? I dunno, maybe it was cause i was playing smuggler, but it seemed to end so anti-climatically.

GAF is on Jedi Covenant.

There is a Pub GAF and an Empire GAF. The Empire guild is very small, unlikely to do anything in the near future (imo). Aside from that, there are very few actual Gaffers left, and most of us are in a separate guild on the Empire side.

I believe it has been said it will continue and the level cap will go up with Makeb (new planet), but it hasn't been said when that will be released.

HBroward

It was only the most epic Huttball to ever take place, how could I forget? 8 Agents is not what you would call a recipe for success. We just tore them up. We need to get the sniper tag team back in action! I feel like we have lost our rep.

Alur

Gotta love that. I remember being in one with you guys that was 6 deep imperial agents and I was on Common. I like going back and looking at the old screenies and seeing the #'s progression. You also see weird things people said or did that you just never caught.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Legacy stuff is all still server-exclusive, right? If i were to make a character to play with empiregaf on jedi covenant next week, I wouldn't, for example, be able to make a Chiss Sith warrior since all my other characters and thus legacy stuff is on Prophecy of the 5?

Legacy stuff is all still server-exclusive, right? If i were to make a character to play with empiregaf on jedi covenant next week, I wouldn't, for example, be able to make a Chiss Sith warrior since all my other characters and thus legacy stuff is on Prophecy of the 5?
Correct.

HBroward

Lost a roll on the Praxon Bloodline with a fricking 99. It's over man, that was too much for me to take haha. I don't know if I can hold up after that blow.

Milly79

Lost a roll on the Praxon Bloodline with a fricking 99. It's over man, that was too much for me to take haha. I don't know if I can hold up after that blow.

index.php

praxon_bloodline.jpg
praxon_bloodline.jpg

feelsgood.jpg

HBroward

At least it was on my Sorc, that is how I'm staying sane. If I had been on my sniper I would have just canceled my sub then and there. Considering that is only my second time rolling on it after countless clears I really doubt I will ever even see it again to roll on, much less with a damn 99. Xedarrn rolled a perfect 100. That lucky bastard.

Lmao team agent FTW! That game was a legend

I would like to jump back in, had my little break and stuff, probably going to take me a while to remember how to play my classes and shit again, more than anything I miss our pvp groups

HBroward

Lmao team agent FTW! That game was a legend

I would like to jump back in, had my little break and stuff, probably going to take me a while to remember how to play my classes and shit again, more than anything I miss our pvp groups

I hear that, we can probably be running a full ranked team if you want when you get back, it'll be a great time.

RPGCrazied

I guess I'll try and play just for the imperial agent and jedi knight stories. Though the restrictions really do suck ass. Limited race creation, can't send mail, limited dungeons, limited quick travel, limited action bars.

I guess I'll try and play just for the imperial agent and jedi knight stories. Though the restrictions really do suck ass. Limited race creation, can't send mail, limited dungeons, limited quick travel, limited action bars.

This has pretty much been my plan. I failed in my quest to finish agent storyline in 3 months (I'm on act3--but I did finish Xenoblade finally, 93h20m). Been trying to find game time cards retail up here in Maine and it's been pretty difficult.

To play through the story stuff alone really only the limited action bars and race restrictions are the bad aspects. The limit on dungeons is more than enough for how often you do them playing through your storyline as you get one every couple levels, it only affects endgame players really unless you planned on finishing to max level in a week.

Cystm

Dulfy is asking anyone interested to submit questions for her to ask the Dev's about F2Play:

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/10/swtor-ftp-questions-compilation/

To play through the story stuff alone really only the limited action bars and race restrictions are the bad aspects. The limit on dungeons is more than enough for how often you do them playing through your storyline as you get one every couple levels, it only affects endgame players really unless you planned on finishing to max level in a week.

And those things can be purchased for a very small fee.

RPGCrazied

Can you not play until the 15th? I thought there was a semi free to play already, to level 15? Did they get rid of that? I finally downloaded and installed the game, but it says no active subscription. How to add the free 2 play one? Or unless I just have to wait.

Nevermind. Restarted the client, and it works now.

Milly79

Guess un-subbing worked out. Was going to re-up today, but I woke up to a dead computer. No point in isolating the problem and trying for a quick fix as a better computer is what I really need.

Enjoy F2P, guys. Hopefully I'll see you all sooner rather than later.

Cystm

Guess un-subbing worked out. Was going to re-up today, but I woke up to a dead computer. No point in isolating the problem and trying for a quick fix as a better computer is what I really need.

Enjoy F2P, guys. Hopefully I'll see you all sooner rather than later.

New PC for Milly Kickstarter, gogogo

__ :( ____

Waste of money. What if I don't get anything in a month?

Well you've played from the start so you are owed at least between 1000-2000 cartel coins right? They are worth like 2-3 months worth of subbing just so you don't lose them if my extremely loose math is right plus you will be getting the 500 per month for being a subscriber for when you do get your pc back up and running/ get a new one

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You have until like December 20th to resub if you want to collect the cartel coins that they should be giving you anyway if they weren't ridiculous cunts, so at least there's that.

You have until like December 20th to resub if you want to collect the cartel coins that they should be giving you anyway if they weren't ridiculous cunts, so at least there's that.

Where does the Dec 20th date come from? From the faq it only says you have to be subbed when F2P launches to get any loyalty coins

Anoregon

It also looks like it's better to wait until the 15th and resub if you want your coins, than to resub now. Resub now gets you 200 coins for a pre-f2p month and 250 bonus for 450 total. Resubbing after will give you the 500 monthly points a sub receives after F2P launches, so it looks like it's 50 more coins to do it that way.

RPGCrazied

I'm liking it so far. Don't think I'll sub or anything, but might buy some cartel coins cards if they ever make it to retail. So sprint gets taken away on the 15th? I had it at level 1, I use it. Quick travel too? Its 30 mins right now, wonder how long its for the F2P people. The major thing I don't like is I can't talk in zone chat. I'm trying to do the sewer maintenance tunnels quest and am getting my ass kicked. I'm an imperial agent, level 6. The help would be appreciated, but can't get it.

I'm a Chiss, is that one of the race restrictions? Hope my character don't get wiped.

Anoregon

I'm liking it so far. Don't think I'll sub or anything, but might buy some cartel coins cards if they ever make it to retail. So sprint gets taken away on the 15th? I had it at level 1, I use it. Quick travel too? Its 30 mins right now, wonder how long its for the F2P people. The major thing I don't like is I can't talk in zone chat. I'm trying to do the sewer maintenance tunnels quest and am getting my ass kicked. I'm an imperial agent, level 6. The help would be appreciated, but can't get it.

I'm a Chiss, is that one of the race restrictions? Hope my character don't get wiped.

Chiss is a restricted race, but it looks like any character made prior to the 15th will be playable on the 15th. You just won't be able to make more chiss characters unless you unlock them.

Sprint should be available to every level 14 character as of the 15th, and I don't remember exactly how onerous the extended cooldowns on all things are for F2P beyond "pretty shitty". A few hours.

RPGCrazied

I hope zone chat is for F2P players on the 15th, even if limited. Not being able to talk at all, seriously hurts the freebie players.

kmz

Neo Member
I believe you're rate limited to 1 msg/minute in Gen if you're F2P. I think "Preferred" players get a bit more freedom.

Top Bottom