• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game | The Official Thread

Toxi

Banned
Chopper VCX-100 is hilarious. I kinda want to build around him just for the novelty of smacking into other ships to stress them. Advanced Sensors, Dorsal Turret, and Zeb are mandatory.

Sabine Attack Shuttle is pretty vicious.

Posted this elsewhere, but thought it was pretty funny:

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Bomb Loadout (0)
Extra Munitions (2)
R2 Astromech (1)
Proximity Mines (3)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Bomb Loadout (0)
Extra Munitions (2)
R2 Astromech (1)
Proximity Mines (3)

Warden Squadron Pilot (23)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Extra Munitions (2)
Sabine Wren (2)
Proximity Mines (3)
Conner Net (4)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Will it win tournaments? Not likely. Will it annoy the bajeezus out of people? Probably. You've got 15 hull, 10 shields. 3 TLTs, 6 Proximity Mines and 2 Connor Nets. An alternate version of the lists downgrades the TLTs on the Y-Wings to Ion Turrets (which make it a little easier to tell where your opponent is going), but ups the Proximity Mines to Connor Nets or Cluster Bombs.

Keep in mind, the second part of Sabine's Crew card triggers on ANY friendly bomb, it doesn't have to be one from her slot or even her ship. It's only once per round, but it's R1 of the bomb, NOT R1 of Sabine's ship. As long as she's on the board somewhere, she's dealing out extra damage.

Honestly, she is easily my favorite new crew card.

PBalfredo

I'm building my Christmas list for my relatives and if I want to include some X-wing expansion pack on it, what's the easiest method of buying expansion packs that I could point clueless aunts and uncle towards?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm building my Christmas list for my relatives and if I want to include some X-wing expansion pack on it, what's the easiest method of buying expansion packs that I could point clueless aunts and uncle towards?

Barnes & Noble sells all the ships.

I've been wanting to try the game for a while, and got my chance. Played a 4 player game, 3 people with an x-wing each, and the 4th with 6 ties. Looked on Amazon last night and found the force awakens set for $25, so I bought 2 of them. I can't wait to play again.

Any suggestions on vids to watch for a newbie? I've played one demo game at the local shop but that is all my experience so far. I've watched some vids describing Han builds, tie swarm flying in formation, etc... but that is more advanced than I am looking for.

I'd like some vids going into detail on basic topics. Like when to use a green/white vs a red maneuver. Any ideas?

Nete

HOLY SHIT.

zdg5ukL.png

eHOzf25.png
LXTi6PA.png
R4jr4Ym.png

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/12/14/rule-the-skies/

Problems using ordnance on TIE Bombers/low PS bomber ships? Fixed.
TIE Defender sucking? Fixed, and with two flavours.

Any suggestions on vids to watch for a newbie? I've played one demo game at the local shop but that is all my experience so far. I've watched some vids describing Han builds, tie swarm flying in formation, etc... but that is more advanced than I am looking for.

I'd like some vids going into detail on basic topics. Like when to use a green/white vs a red maneuver. Any ideas?

The videos from this guy are gold for newcommers. There's a sticky at the official forums with a ton of resources, useful at any level.

On the green-white vs red, it's a simple matter of predicting where the enemy will be and what move would be the best to either kick his ass next turn, avoid getting your ass kicked next turn, or to get your ships into an advantage position to exploit on the next few turns.

I mean, there is no real difference between them besides the extra shenanigans they provide (reds giving you stress and fucking your action, and so). Red maneuvers are more punishing if you fuck it up, but that's all.

Tensketch

IM BUYING TWENTY OF THEM!

zoomed in on the image. We're getting a tie bomber title called TIE shuttle. Loses all secondary weaps, gains 2 crew slots, each crew cannot cost more than 4. One bomber has the ability that once per round if you discard an elite card, flip it face up. Hello crackshot god!

Finally, Maarek goddam Stele is getting a defender!

Interesting stuff to come. I've been a big fan of the Defender ever since they hit the scene. I appreciate that on paper they have problems but the amount of times I've ran into people who just don't know how to deal with them made them a real fierce ship in my arsenal. Looking forward to giving it some extra toys to play with in the future.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Love that you can get an evade token on a K-turn with the Defender

Looks like tractor beam reduces agility so some nasty dual shot combos there

Also - unlimited crack shot on that ace Tie Bomber

YES. DAT IMP VETERAN PACK - FUCK YEAHHHHHHH

Here's hoping they release something similar for X-Wings and E-Wings (I still don't think the Integrated Astromech is quite enough, and whatever hypothetical E-Wing buffs that I would hope for would hopefully somehow not make Corran Horn even more powerful, but somehow buff the other E-Wing variants).

Well there is definitely a Scum aces pack coming. Not sure about Rebels.

Hopefully a StarViper buff will be featured. What other ship do you think it will focus on? M3A-Interceptors are pretty much dead in the water currently, so I'm inclined to think that ship will hopefully get some love.

PBalfredo

Those are some serious buffs in the new pack. I don't have either a Bomber or Defender, so that would be a good thing for me to get.

BTW, what rebel ships synergizes well with the Outrider?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
One store in Ohio got the T-70 and TIE/FO expansion packs in stock. Photos of their contents have hit Facebook:

Were the Rebel and Imp Aces expansions released simultaneously or staggered?

2014 March 17 - Imperial Aces officially launched

2014 August 14 - Soft launch for Rebel Aces (and Wave Five) at GenCon

2014 September 26 - Rebel Aces officially launched

I see the FO on Amazon for $20... did the current ships start higher priced and go down in price later? Think these will end up being regular Tie Fighter price eventually?

I'm just getting into this game... does anyone know if any mainstream chain stores sell expansions? There aren't many comic and game shops around here.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm just getting into this game... does anyone know if any mainstream chain stores sell expansions? There aren't many comic and game shops around here.

Barnes & Noble sells all the expansions as well as the core sets. Target sells the Force Awakens Core Set only.

Debating whether to pick up a Gozanti on the way home...

...are they for sale yet? I thought they weren't in stores yet.

5taquitos

Some minor spoilers for TFA in regards to X-Wing:

As I expected, they didn't throw a whole lot of new ships into the first movie. It's pretty much just the new X-Wing and the new TIE, plus Kylo Ren's shuttle, at least on the game's scale. Guess we'll have to wait for VIII for a slew of new ships.

Experien

Some minor spoilers for TFA in regards to X-Wing:

As I expected, they didn't throw a whole lot of new ships into the first movie. It's pretty much just the new X-Wing and the new TIE, plus Kylo Ren's shuttle, at least on the game's scale. Guess we'll have to wait for VIII for a slew of new ships.

Forgot the Resistance transport. But yes, that was a big gripe of mine. It felt like they didn't bother trying cause they knew it was a redo of the first movie. Rogue One might show a new ship...maybe?

Slermy

I've been out of the loop for a week, but holy shit. I NEED that Imperial Veterans pack.

Vessery with the TIE/D is going to be nasty.

Just when I think I'm done buying ships for a while, they keep throwing stuff at me that I want.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
one interesting tidbit, while the Resistance flies T-70 X-Wings, those are older models. The T-85 is the cutting edge Republic X-Wing.

It just occurred to me that Ello with Lightning Reflexes might be interesting. Maybe even coupled with that Astromech that avoids obstacles or R7-T1 to maximize maneuverability.

Edit: Just to update everyone, the Gozanti Assault Carrier is now available on online retailers. I think I'm personally going to hold off on getting it until Wave 8 is available and get them all at once.

Grimsen

I was hesitating between the TFA core set and the falcon, and managed to snag both on kijiji for 55$CAD. Merry xmas to me :p

Now I just need to find time to play. I feel like a hoarder with this game, all buying and no playing. even though I'm far from having all the expansions.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So version 4.0 of the FAQ and Tournament Rules PDFs are out now:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/12/21/2015-december-rules-update/

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/12/21/a-step-forward/

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgam...0528-4ae5-8fda-66a3b8d89a6c/x-wing_faq_v4.pdf

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgam...d-379140f4e9ca/x-wing_tournament_rules_v4.pdf

Also, (the rest of) Wave 8 is on the boat as of last Wednesday, which means they should be on store shelves by about Feb. 5.

Is the Most Wanted set out of print?

A reprint is on the boat from China now and should be on store shelves in a month or so.

Top Bottom