• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
NASL_.jpg

Soccer yay! :D

Trickster

Pandaman said:
fun fact:
if you google 'nasl.tv'
the site banner says 'north american starcraft league'

Gretorp said that the S in NASL didn't stand for starcraft on a gosucoaching stream earlier though. Of course he could be lying :p

Corran Horn

PhoenixDark said:
Incontrol is big enough to block an entire goal post. Hero goalieeee
If watching kid sports movies have taught me anything, just being big does not automatically make you into a great goalie. It takes practice!

2Crisis

Finally decided to start playing ladder today, went 4-1 in placement and got into gold. the 1 loss I could have won twice but made dumb mistakes :(

added myself to the sc2ranks page (profile name is LCD).

Corran Horn

2Crisis said:
Finally decided to start playing ladder today, went 4-1 in placement and got into gold. the 1 loss I could have won twice but made dumb mistakes :(

added myself to the sc2ranks page (profile name is LCD).
Excellent /burns

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
paz has officially 4gated his way into masters.

i am placing a 1 mousepad bounty on his head, slay the 4gater! eliminate him from the open!

ezrarh

"100k for multiple events?
Please.

Bitches act like they don't know me.

Dream big guys

It's coming..."

from Incontrol. Holy shit.

fatty

Ugghh, talk about a bummer. I started experimenting with new Protoss builds trying to get away from the normal 4 Gate routine, and I started losing a lot. To the point where I just lost focus, and now I'm "reclassified" to rank Gold from Platinum. From being rank 1 in Platinum at one time to now Gold. Man I'm pretty bummed.

So now I'm thinking about switching to Zerg, just for a change of pace. But I need help. Any resources to point to? I'm thinking about watching the Mr. Bitter videos on Team Liquid but any other advice is greatly appreciated.

Things that are popping to the top of my head are:
How do you guys manage hotkey setups with your Queens and Hatcheries?

I watched the Mr. Bitter video about handling Stargates and notice that he is constantly switching between screens to scout but I'm not sure how he does it. I'm not talking switching between Hatcheries either, is he just using the mini-map? It seems like he is using the keyboard but I'm not sure how he does it so fast. Only thing I can think is he is using the F-keys or maybe grouping his Overlords and tabbing between them? I don't know.

Anyways, please throw any tips my way that you can.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
fatty said:
Ugghh, talk about a bummer. I started experimenting with new Protoss builds trying to get away from the normal 4 Gate routine, and I started losing a lot. To the point where I just lost focus, and now I'm "reclassified" to rank Gold from Platinum. From being rank 1 in Platinum at one time to now Gold. Man I'm pretty bummed.
CXbHX.jpg

So now I'm thinking about switching to Zerg, just for a change of pace. But I need help. Any resources to point to? I'm thinking about watching the Mr. Bitter videos on Team Liquid but any other advice is greatly appreciated.

I watched the Mr. Bitter video about handling Stargates and notice that he is constantly switching between screens to scout but I'm not sure how he does it. I'm not talking switching between Hatcheries either, is he just using the mini-map? It seems like he is using the keyboard but I'm not sure how he does it so fast. Only thing I can think is he is using the F-keys or maybe grouping his Overlords and tabbing between them? I don't know.

psystarcraft on youtube.

as for bitter, he just cycles through control groups and uses spacebar

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Pandaman said:

i am placing a 1 mousepad bounty on his head, slay the 4gater! eliminate him from the open!

4 gate scares all of us. It feels like russian roulette.

a176

Banned
fatty said:

you feel bummed after that, switching to zerg will make you kill yourself

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
Hm, never seen a toss try to block his ramp with two Stalkers on hold position. God dammit, where are these toss on my ladder lol
toss then calls him a stream watcher, that game was just sad. xD

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pandaman said:

Well if you scan at the appropriate time and respond correctly :'[

But then you have the chance that they will actually hide the additional gates. THE HORROR

a176 said:
you feel bummed after that, switching to zerg will make you kill yourself

I really enjoy using zerg and i can't stand using protoss or terran. Most zerg users seem pretty bitter but that doesn't mean no one can enjoy using the race.

Paz

To be honest panda I used 1 non 4gate strat on my run to masters, because I was bored.

That doesn't mean I'll do 4 gate in the tournament though, I maintain that I only did it on my run to masters because there is not a faster strat to rack up wins with :<

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Pandaman said:

a zerg named aqaunda may have just tore zvp a new one on mrbitters stream.

he made coll/void look weak.

He didn't make the death ball look weak so much as he made Protoss' approach to it look weak.

And be careful Panda, hubris will be your downfall.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Paz said:
To be honest panda I used 1 non 4gate strat on my run to masters, because I was bored.

That doesn't mean I'll do 4 gate in the tournament though, I maintain that I only did it on my run to masters because there is not a faster strat to rack up wins with :<
and that is why.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
fanboi said:
Anyone wanna test EU region? All I need is a NA guest pass and I can give you a EU pass.
i forget, but did it come out you could switch regions with different .mpq files rather than two seperate full installs?

fanboi

Banned
Pandaman said:
i forget, but did it come out you could switch regions with different .mpq files rather than two seperate full installs?

There is an app, relocalizer where you can swap very easy.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Feep said:
I could not STAND that kid's voice. It makes me want to punch him. I don't even care what he was arguing, that TONE...
thats why the ending is gold man. you put up with him for the reward.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
fatty said:
All your Hatchs on 4, and then have Queens 5-0 and then you just hit 55v66v etc to inject. The method Mr Bitter uses falls apart if you have more Hatchs than Queens, and the Queens just walk all over the place.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
ijtOt.jpg

You have been temp banned for 2 days by JWD.

keep spiteful anti-country/nationality generalizations off TL please. basic etiquette on any international forum.

:lol

edit: I'm seeing a few people getting banned for insulting Americans. but the Americans insulting any other english speaking nation? oh god no.

Atleast here on GAF it's semi reasonable, in that I can pay out Americans for being loud, obnoxious and arrogant and not get banned.

V_Arnold

HolyCheck said:
Atleast here on GAF it's semi reasonable, in that I can pay out Americans for being loud, obnoxious and arrogant and not get banned.

HolyCheck
Banned

(Edit: Well, maybe it was not THAT good of a joke. *goes to a corner, crying*)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom