• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haunted said:
Well then you know they didn't do it because of the "support the foreigners in Korea" angle (that was the reason for Haypro getting an invite), but because they wanted another representative of the Asian region besides Sen to appeal to the Chinese/Taiwanese audience.

And if results and performance were the only deciding factors, they shouldn't have invited Boxer and Nada either. TSLRain and IntotheRainbow had better stats, to name just two Terrans. :p Nada never made it past the Ro8! ;)

That's the same thing. I don't like that a better player is cast to the side for another because of something not game related.

As for Nada, he's far more consistent with his results (same as MKP) than the two you've mentioned and you know it. Both those guys were one hit wonders and will probably never see them that high for quite a while.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
TheThunder said:
That's the same thing. I don't like that a better player is cast to the side for another because of something not game related.

As for Nada, he's far more consistent with his results (same as MKP) than the two you've mentioned and you know it. Both those guys were one hit wonders and will probably never see them that high for quite a while.

Please re word / re write your last sentence.

Rainbow has been that high again.

HolyCheck said:
Please re word / re write your last sentence.

Rainbow has been that high again.
how about you try your own advice ?

Rainbow hasn't done anything ever since season 2, Who knows maybe he will win the next 3 GSLs back to back but that's not the subject of discussion.

HolyCheck

TheThunder said:
how about you try your own advice ?

Rainbow hasn't done anything ever since season 2, Who knows maybe he will win the next 3 GSLs back to back but that's not the subject of discussion.

He was a 2 hit wonder is all i meant :p

but yeah he's done nothing since, He'll be in code S for a while, but I don't expect him to ever get past the round of 16

Tomorrow is the big day

Idra vs Jinro

gonna be amazing
hoping for something better than the gsl ro8 disappointment

I say we need a separate thread for this occasion since it's gonna be accompanied by what it is likely to be the North American Starleague announcement from Incontrol.

Predicting 4-2 for Jinro

jersoc

TheThunder said:
Tomorrow is the big day

Idra vs Jinro

gonna be amazing
hoping for something better than the gsl ro8 disappointment

I say we need a separate thread for this occasion since it's gonna be accompanied by what it is likely to be the North American Starleague announcement from Incontrol.

Predicting 4-2 for Jinro

what time is this taking place and where can i watch?

Jeff-DSA

Woo hoo!

I got invited to a little nine man tourney (one player got a 1st round bye) as the lone Bronze player invited (everybody else was Plat/Diamond and one Silver). I had a miracle run and made it to the Finals where I got rolled hard by an incredible Zerg; but to make the Finals in a double elimination (all best of 3) tournament where I was far and away the least experienced entrant has me on cloud nine.

It's crazy how the pressures of playing in a tournament make you do stuff you'd never do otherwise. It's a whole different beast from the ladder.

HolyCheck

Jeff-DSA said:
Woo hoo!

I got invited to a little nine man tourney (one player got a 1st round bye) as the lone Bronze player invited (everybody else was Plat/Diamond and one Silver). I had a miracle run and made it to the Finals where I got rolled hard by an incredible Zerg; but to make the Finals in a double elimination (all best of 3) tournament where I was far and away the least experienced entrant has me on cloud nine.

It's crazy how the pressures of playing in a tournament make you do stuff you'd never do otherwise. It's a whole different beast from the ladder.

congrats man! how was the experience? well run I hope? always interesting to see how other communities run their small tourneys

Trickster

Can i ask for the reasoning behind thinking that IdrA will beat Jinro? i mean he's an amazing zerg player no doubt, but in terms of placements and results, Jinro has placed better in the last 2 GSL's than IdrA has ever placed, and IdrA also lost the ro8 battle agains't Jinro.

HolyCheck

http://nasl.tv/ ( 1 day, 6 hours, 10 minutes )!
I predict Jinro to win, my reasoning, he knows idra's weakness's and will destroy them as they work for how he likes to play (random cheeses for the hell of it, most of them just to fake idra out) jinros weakness is also his early game.. but idra wont cheese (failed 6pool... doesnt count)

syllogism

Trickster said:
Can i ask for the reasoning behind thinking that IdrA will beat Jinro? i mean he's an amazing zerg player no doubt, but in terms of placements and results, Jinro has placed better in the last 2 GSL's than IdrA has ever placed, and IdrA also lost the ro8 battle agains't Jinro.
It's partly due to fanboyism, but also due to the fact Idra has always, perhaps until now, been better at both SC2 and BW than Jinro and as such I tend to attribute his worse performance to him playing zerg and the maps being awful. It's also due to at least me personally rating zerg players higher as it's arguably the hardest race to play. Of course none these factors per se indicate idra will win, but I think he should if there were no considerations beyong skill. Admittedly Jinro has practiced much harder than Idra for the last three, four months at least.

Also, GSL 3 results aren't indicative of much as Idra lost to MVP while Jinro had a fairly easy path to RO4. He definitely proved himself in Jan GSL though.

syllogism

Desrow isn't exactly, err, the best coach. I used to borrow him my account so he could participate in EU tournaments but he is currently using Ret's smurf account, I think.

HolyCheck

syllogism said:
Desrow isn't exactly, err, the best coach. I used to borrow him my account so he could participate in EU tournaments but he is currently using Ret's smurf account, I think.

so you've done the research.. what must cheeto do to win!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
For anyone who is tried of ZvP and wants a nice all-in then try this one, had pretty good success with it tonight. Of course it won't help to make ZvP easier as you rank up, but it is fun to cheese Toss after all the 4gates.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Pretty funny coming from someone who used 3roach speedling until it stopped working.

mescalineeyes said:
I still use it every time I scout the protoss 4gating on close positions.

It's just another build in the arsenal, not a win button.

Yup. I've lost some frustrating games trying to 21 expand on close positions only to get 4-gated to shit. You can certainly survive it, and it's worth practicing but there's nothing wrong with exploiting your position instead. Afterall, that's what the other races do.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
21 expand is the 4gate proof expand, i dunno why its causing you trouble. but yes, if you can kill him, why not do so.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
1-2 :(

I should make more
if i see zealot/stalker, i make 3 everytime.

its safe, but you cant autowin if they do a zealot/stalker/sentry expand.

they say that you can hold 4gate with units only, but im not that good. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom