• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aylinato

So I changed all my hotkeys for my brotoss upgrades to asdf, except gateway research(already had that memorized, kept hitting wrong key, set it back to default). So much easier to upgrade stuff, and I don't have so much to memorize. I am also going to do it to terran, whenever I get around to it. Then I will do zerg so I can not worry about keybinds as much

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
They never should have moved Hydras to Lair tech, and they need to go back and revamp them.

Q8D3vil

Aylinato said:
So I changed all my hotkeys for my brotoss upgrades to asdf, except gateway research(already had that memorized, kept hitting wrong key, set it back to default). So much easier to upgrade stuff, and I don't have so much to memorize. I am also going to do it to terran, whenever I get around to it. Then I will do zerg so I can not worry about keybinds as much
welcome to the superior grid club :p

Cheeto

I 4-gated someone :(

I feel so dirty about it... I only did it because he forge fast expanded... no excuses though im a piece of poop

a176

Banned
mescalineeyes said:
so tell me this, how do you think any sort of attack with gateway unit would fare if hydras were a t1 unit? do you want Protoss to turtle until they get colossi out?

you would be happy to know they also only cost 75/25 1food each in BW! good thing you never played that game.

Pandaman said:
just made it to ro16 in mrbitters 64man buyin tourney!

a happy panda i am.
Grats.

PvP is so annoying. I hate that it's so volatile, I feel like I get build order losses more often than anything else. Oh well, time to practize Artosis' new build, I hope this is something you can open with and be safe against most things.

Oh, and what's the standard response to someone who REALLY wants to cannon rush you in PvP? Like, "You killed my Pylon; I'll build 5 new ones". I know it's all in, but it's annoying.

ezrarh

Cheeto said:

I feel so dirty about it... I only did it because he forge fast expanded... no excuses though im a piece of poop

forge fast expand in pvp? lol don't feel bad there

ezrarh

close to the edge said:
Grats.

PvP is so annoying. I hate that it's so volatile, I feel like I get build order losses more often than anything else. Oh well, time to practize Artosis' new build, I hope this is something you can open with and be safe against most things.

Oh, and what's the standard response to someone who REALLY wants to cannon rush you in PvP? Like, "You killed my Pylon; I'll build 5 new ones". I know it's all in, but it's annoying.

Ignore the pylons, send one probe to attack the their probe. Use 4 probes to attack warping in cannons while you build zealots. If the rush distance is close send zealot to their base to force them to build defense there otherwise use it to help kill warping in pylons. You have to catch it early on though, it'll be difficult to hold off if he's already building stuff near your nexus with some cannons already warped in. If that happens, save up 400 minerals for a new nexus somewhere else and hopefully you'll have a stalker up soon if he tries to cannon your new main.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
and out in ro16, vs a toss [ofcourse. ;)]
he did some weird mass immortal build and my hydras were just a smidgen too late. by the time i held it off his third was up. :(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
HolyCheck said:
poop! ahwell. GAFs best isnt good enough for the rest of the world anyway ;_;
bull! this pandas power grows stronger! i will be invincible!

i now have one less weakness in zvp, i shall test their mettle again and again!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pandaman said:
bull! this pandas power grows stronger! i will be invincible!

i now have one less weakness in zvp, i shall test their mettle again and again!
boo-man.gif

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
okay... apparently stalker/immortal is some sort of new imba as fuck build for protoss.

just played another guy who did it, i went pure ling hydra and still lost. fml, protoss is a joke.

ezrarh

Pandaman said:
okay... apparently stalker/immortal is some sort of new imba as fuck build for protoss.

just played another guy who did it, i went pure ling hydra and still lost. fml, protoss is a joke.

Post a replay. Morrow just destroyed a guy who went immortal/stalker with phoenix as well. Hydras with creep highway destroys that composition.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Pandaman said:

I'm sorry for playing that race.

Cheeto said:

I used to think 4-gate was a cheap build. Then I realized there was no point in purposefully gimping myself with a set of arbitrary rules. If it's in the game, use it.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Looks like NightEnd is going to win, Metal and LT close was a joke, good thing Morrow will qualify anyway.

ezrarh

PhoenixDark said:
Should have transitioned to Brood Lords faster. Pretty hard to stay on Lair tech against good protoss

Yea I thought morrow stayed on lair tech way too long when he definitely had the resources to get to t3 faster. Oh well, he should get into the tournament anyway.

Haunted

Morrow has 140 points now, he's basically safe.

Invites are sick, didn't anticipate they'd get both Nada and Boxer. That's a pretty legendary lineup of players as far as the invites go.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
PhoenixDark said:
Should have transitioned to Brood Lords faster. Pretty hard to stay on Lair tech against good protoss
Idra seems to think that you do or die on Lair tech units vs P.

Haunted

HolyCheck said:
13PfE.jpg

Could get very ugly soon, lol.
Moonglade going for the all-kill! ...of his own team. lol

oh incontrol. :/ Shows just how good Sheth is!

Also can't believe that sjow is already out.

oGsHero, Lalush, Select, oGsTheStC still in the winner's bracket, sounds good.

FFFFF Select vs TheStC on the main stream and Optikzero vs Moonglade on... Khaldor's stream. ;_; Decisions, decisions.

Haunted

TheThunder said:
I know the whole "supporting foreigners in Korea" and all but what a dumb decision to go for him instead of MarineKing.
Not really. The reasoning behind the decision is sound, especially considering the timing of the invites (finalised early January).

We also knew that disallowing Asia meant disallowing China and Taiwan. With Sen already being invited from his TSL2 performance, we felt the best way to represent this scene was to invite the best performing player from China. Loner was one of two Chinese invites to Blizzcon 2010 and finished in second place behind Genius. Loner also qualified for Code A in the GSL and was able to retain Code A status for this upcoming season. Based on this, we felt that Loner was the strongest representative from China and thus received an invite.

Perhaps you are still upset that your favorite player was no invited this season, and we understand that. With only 13 places available it is impossible to put together a list of players that will please everyone. Also please understand the timing of the invites, these were organised and coordinated in early January since for tournaments like the TSL to be successful, you get on top of your invites early otherwise things turn into an organisational mess. We had no idea that Moonglade would be travelling to Korea, nor that MarineKingPrime would make a second finals appearance. While these events may not have changed the invite list at the end of the day, they were never present in our discussions since they had not happened yet.
From TL's Terran invite writeup.

edit: Moonglade nooooooooooo!

Haunted

TheThunder said:
^
Yeah I read that before.

Still MKP had better results and performance at that time but whatever.
Well then you know they didn't do it because of the "support the foreigners in Korea" angle (that was the reason for Haypro getting an invite), but because they wanted another representative of the Asian region besides Sen to appeal to the Chinese/Taiwanese audience.

And if results and performance were the only deciding factors, they shouldn't have invited Boxer and Nada either. TSLRain and IntotheRainbow had better stats, to name just two Terrans. :p Nada never made it past the Ro8! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom