• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

twofold

Ikuu said:
Mr Bitter TLO session is on just now, talking about Infestors.

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/MrBitter

TLO's Zerg play is always a joy to watch.

I loved the idea of using burrowed infestors to throw infested marines on a sieged Terran army and using the eggs to tank the initial tank blasts. Rather surprised no-one else is doing that.

I also thought it was pretty amusing that TLO was floating nearly 2k gas but was short on minerals. How often do you see that in a ZvT?!

fatty

Pandaman said:
CXbHX.jpg

psystarcraft on youtube.

as for bitter, he just cycles through control groups and uses spacebar

Oh yeah, forgot about Psystarcraft. Will check him out too.

AdventureRacing said:
I really enjoy using zerg and i can't stand using protoss or terran. Most zerg users seem pretty bitter but that doesn't mean no one can enjoy using the race.

Yeah, I've played Zerg quite a bit through my other leagues and enjoy playing them. It's really a great feeling when you've got a good rhythm and tempo going with cranking out units/injecting larvae. But getting that consistency is that problem.

Ikuu said:
All your Hatchs on 4, and then have Queens 5-0 and then you just hit 55v66v etc to inject. The method Mr Bitter uses falls apart if you have more Hatchs than Queens, and the Queens just walk all over the place.

Thanks, I will probably go that route. My primary Nexus has always been on 3 with units on 1/2, but barely using 2. With Zerg I'm going to force myself to using more of the hotkeys. Anyone here use F-keys? My problem is that I still have to look down at the keyboard when using 6-0 and the F-keys. When using the F-keys what actual fingers do you guys use, and do you keep your other finger on either A or F as a pivot?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
EGIdra vs Liquid`Jinro Showmatch -- $1500

EGIdrA < Xel'Naga Caverns > Liquid`Jinro
EGIdrA < Crossfire SE > Liquid`Jinro
EGIdrA < Shakuras Plateau > Liquid`Jinro
EGIdrA < Terminus RE > Liquid`Jinro
EGIdrA < Lost Temple > Liquid`Jinro
EGIdrA < Crevasse > Liquid`Jinro
EGIdrA < Metalopolis > Liquid`Jinro

http://www.justin.tv/iNcontroLTV

Big announcement to follow the broadcast.

20 minutes!

clashofthetitansDONE.jpg

Yea, I think Jinro will take it. In a straight up match Idra would probably win handily, but I'm expecting a couple games to be lost due to early pressure or cheese.

Spl1nter

PhoenixDark said:
Yea, I think Jinro will take it. In a straight up match Idra would probably win handily, but I'm expecting a couple games to be lost due to early pressure or cheese.

NO RUSH 15 MINS BRO

Early pressure is part of the game. Every race can do it, not like its unfair.

Haunted

Splinter is right, PhoenixDark and Deadman are wrong.

I take issue with the term "straight up" for longer matches, because it implies that there's something wrong (crooked?) with early aggression. All part of the game. The best embrace every phase of the game.

Jinro takes this.

Haunted said:
Splinter is right, PhoenixDark and Deadman are wrong.

I take issue with the term "straight up" for longer matches, because it implies that there's something wrong (crooked?) with early aggression. All part of the game. The best embrace every phase of the game.

Jinro takes this.

There's nothing crooked, I think all's fair etc. Simply pointing out I think Idra would crush Jinro in most games that didn't involve some type of bunker rush.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
PhoenixDark said:
There's nothing crooked, I think all's fair etc. Simply pointing out I think Idra would crush Jinro in most games that didn't involve some type of bunker rush.

Well then IdrA should get better

Why don't we impose the IdrA can't use roaches rule if we're just making up our own rules..

(but yes I agree, if they just played straight out and didnt attack for 10 minutes then IdrA would probably win more)

soulzen

Man, I want to rage right now...2 matches in a row with cannon/early pool cheese...sigh..love these kids that cheese their way up the ladder. 2v2 fyi...

Finally got my account approved and am excited to finally post in this thread!

Hopefully I can take part in some GAF nights at some point even though I'm only mid gold (I almost never ladder and just play with my diamond roommate so I might be higher than that in skill, or maybe not I don't know anymore).

Vaporak

mescalineeyes said:
fair enough, but that being said, the 3 roach rush merely hardcounters a 4gate.

It kills a lot more than just that, but it should be beatable with proper scouting and responses.

Deadman said:
You are presenting 6 and 7 pool as legitimate early pressure builds?

You mean the strategies countered by building placement and workers?

Here's what I said:

Vaporak said:
Every race can 1 base/cheese into masters if they want to.

And then posted threads about 1 base all ins from zerg at the masters level.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
splinters right, zerg early aggression exists and is strong.

hell, 80% of my ladder wins vs t involve kyrix baneling attacks.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
MY FUCKING MOUSE BUTTON

FUCK YOU MOUSE BUTTON

YOU USED TO BE COOL

GFUFIhdeasifhdlkjsfhjksdalflsiorewirueoiw[fhj dslfhjkh;'FHF]FUU9EU

anyone wanna recommended a good wireless mouse? preferably with decent range

Spl1nter

-COOLIO- said:
MY FUCKING MOUSE BUTTON

FUCK YOU MOUSE BUTTON

YOU USED TO BE COOL

coolio relax bro. we need you on thursday. only terran in the tourny.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
-COOLIO- said:
MY FUCKING MOUSE BUTTON

FUCK YOU MOUSE BUTTON

YOU USED TO BE COOL

Unless you really like saying "FUCK YOU MOUSE BUTTON" I'd have to recommend getting one with a wire :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Trickster said:
and you complain about 4gate?
ones an optional offshoot of a macro opener you scout out to counter specific build orders from a specific race.

the other is a jack of all trades allin.

yes i complain about 4 gate.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Procarbine said:
Unless you really like saying "FUCK YOU MOUSE BUTTON" I'd have to recommend getting one with a wire :p
i dont think its a wireless problem though, sometimes it works and sometimes i have to hit it really hard

Spl1nter said:
coolio relax bro. we need you on thursday. only terran in the tourny.

aight, ill hold down for the human race

TheExodu5

Banned
-COOLIO- said:

Razer Mamba. Not the best build quality, and the drivers can be problematic, but its performance is unequaled.

TheExodu5

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Friends don't let their friends go wireless for gaming.

At 1000Hz polling rate, the Mamba doesn't have the traditional input lag of most wireless mice. It can also be used wired if you plug it in.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
TheExodu5 said:
At 1000Hz polling rate, the Mamba doesn't have the traditional input lag of most wireless mice. It can also be used wired if you plug it in.
I also find it kinda stupid to spend $100+ on a mouse. Im good with my 20 dollar one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom