• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboi

Banned
Pandaman said:
even more proof he doesnt face good terrans: he's an eu player.

pretty easy to do when you have a ranking system designed to keep everyone at 50:50 vs all races. :p

if you replaced marines with thors i could still beat bronze terrans 50% of the time, but that wouldnt be a sign of balance. >_>

Didnt see this...

HO
BO

fatty

Question for the Zerg Gaffers, what are some of your standard openings? Also, do you use the double extractor trick?

fatty said:
Question for the Zerg Gaffers, what are some of your standard openings? Also, do you use the double extractor trick?

I either 11 pool with a single extractor trick or build my OL on 9.

double extractor trick feels weird to me.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
fatty said:
ZvZ: 14gas 13 pool, 15 hatch 15pool 17gas - Only hatch first on easily defendable naturals something like Shakuras is perfect for this.
ZvT: 14hatch 14 pool
ZvP: 15gas 14pool

Only ever extractor trick if I forget to build an Overlord

I never go hatch first anymore, I always get speed first so I don't die to anything that's really easy to hold and retarded.

but I guess whatever works for you.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zvz - build one more drone than his pool timing. dont build drones if hes going to attack.
build drones. how do you know when to build drones? well...

a zerg will not build a hyda den or any tech structure and commit to a serious attack.
a zerg will not build lair and pressure you with a gas intensive army.
a zerg will not commit to an expansion just to win a speedling war. he wont, you can however force him to.
a zerg will not double gas to attack you with speedling or roaches.

so scout and drone! push to force units while you drone when you see the above, if you see a spine crawler, retreat and laugh your way to the bank because you're already ahead.

IceMarker

2wq5xrk.png

The 12th weekly GAF night! Take part or die! No seriously, you'll be dead inside, we are really fun to play with.

Information Guru said:
The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<Custom Maps>
<FFA>

Streams and Misc. Info
-MrMister's Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mrmister-live
-Corran Horn's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Mumble Info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065

3 MONTHS OF GAF NIGHT AND COUNTING!

Ultrabum

MrMister said:
The 12th weekly GAF night! Take part or die! No seriously, you'll be dead inside, we are really fun to play with.

Count me in! I'm down for some 1 v 1s or 2 v 2s. I have a few steps of war strategies I would like to try as zerg. Also, not being dead inside is always a plus.

Ultrabum said:
Count me in! I'm down for some 1 v 1s or 2 v 2s. I have a few steps of war strategies I would like to try as zerg. Also, not being dead inside is always a plus.

Steppes... :p

Also that map is bullshit

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
me and keikaku may require training parts for XvsZ tonight, i hope gafnight will help us out. :D

for the moooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
TheThunder said:
and I fucking missed it... sigh

in other news Huk FINALLY changed from Livestream (which I swear has some sort of "shit filter" added to any stream) to JTV with 720p. Music is still atrocious though but that what the mute button is for.
Procaster for livestream makes streaming games so easy, but its sooo shitty for quality. Glad he changed. I can see JTV pushing all these people to use their service as they are really good at supporting them lately (tournys, sponsors etc).

Ikuu

Dyyno is pretty easy to use, though for some reason when I try and get it working it runs at like half speed and everything is messed up. Justin.tv must be offering people stuff to switch as a lot of people have started to move over recently.

Corran Horn

Ikuu said:
Dyyno is pretty easy to use, though for some reason when I try and get it working it runs at like half speed and everything is messed up. Justin.tv must be offering people stuff to switch as a lot of people have started to move over recently.
Dyno is okay but I didnt like the forced logo on upper right lol.

Im assuming JTV is offering people ad revenue because you see alot of them type /commercial to force a commercial break in between games. Wish my stream was that popular ;;

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ikuu said:
Doesn't that cost money? From what I saw it gave you like a 1 or 5 time trial.

FullScreen windowed + screencap is what I use.

Justin.tv is the best because:
no quality cap
multiple quality settings
no viewer cap
trigger ads when you want?
then some other stuff I can't remember.

It just needs to add in an audio mixer and it's golden.

Ikuu

Ah yea, it does. I prefer Xsplit it seems so much more useful than Dyyno and is free.

Yeah, everyone been switching over. Tyler and JP are gonna soon be on JTV as well.

I like that change a lot, as I said livestream always looked like shit and ustream was way unstable with its random lag spikes.

JTV and Own3d are the two best gaming streaming services and I'm glad that everyone is on either of those.

Corran Horn

Hazaro said:
Doesn't that cost money? From what I saw it gave you like a 1 or 5 time trial.

FullScreen windowed + screencap is what I use.

Justin.tv is the best because:
no quality cap
multiple quality settings
no viewer cap
trigger ads when you want?
then some other stuff I can't remember.

It just needs to add in an audio mixer and it's golden.
Do you get quality settings for viewers? I want to know how to get that one day...and tournament stream delays :/

Ikuu

I think they're only on certain streams at the moment and might be available to all in the future.

IceMarker

UStream and JustinTV are the best streaming services from what I've experienced. Livestream is okay if you're not too tech savvy with FME or a similar program, but like Corran said, a bit too many ads and lower quality.

Spl1nter

SteveWinwood said:
I tried to follow the mumble guide and use the same numbers and what not but it doesn't seem to want to work.

well explain what issue you are having. you have the correct ip and port?

Spl1nter said:
well explain what issue you are having. you have the correct ip and port?
Haha I think I accidently posted before finishing it.

I will go to custom servers type in the IP and the port (67.23.187.114 and 20198 right?) and then it will try and connect, give me this:
Server connection failed: The remote host closed the connection.
And then try to reconnect again. I can't find the add server option so I'm assuming its the custom one.

I'm on the newest one they might have changed somethings around...

Spl1nter

SteveWinwood said:
Haha I think I accidently posted before finishing it.

I will go to custom servers type in the IP and the port (67.23.187.114 and 20198 right?) and then it will try and connect, give me this:
Server connection failed: The remote host closed the connection.
And then try to reconnect again. I can't find the add server option so I'm assuming its the custom one.

I'm on the newest one they might have changed somethings around...

Server > Connect > Add New... > Insert Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom