• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lace

Is anyone allowed to partake in GAF night? I'm just a bronze zerg, but I'd like to try my hand at playing a few of you (even if that means getting destroyed).

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Ultrabum said:
Hey, so whats the deal with the Gaf tournaments? Can I still get in on that, or when is the next round?
It started last week so too late. I think the next tourny is...summer?

IceMarker

jahzsx.jpg

Shadow Assault 2 has been updated! This patch increases difficulty and adds more polish!

-- A message will now display if a player unit has died
-- A message will now display if the back door is ever locked
-- Brutal mode now starts the Dominion army at Wave 5
-- Brutalisk will now attack the Shadow Union HQ after an amount of time
-- Increased difficulty of Dominion spawn waves
-- Increased mineral cost of Nukes from 1000 to 2000
-- Increased unit training time from 20 to 30 seconds
-- Adjusted most abilities research times
-- Adjusted some terrain and field units
-- Adjusted some tips to be clearer
-- Replaced a tip with a text warning
-- Fixed some incorrect ping locations
-- Fixed some Dominion units attacking from the cliffside
-- Fixed boss spawning units even while dead
I'm currently working on... the new 'gimmick melee' map I've told you all about, continuing the groundwork for my new fully custom map, and working on some more concepts for Shadow Assault 3.

fvdbio.jpg

If you haven't already noticed, I've made a few new melee maps in the past few weeks. Some are pretty damn good, going by some GAF reactions. Anyways, list of current maps below:

• (2) Broken Land *NEW*
  • (4) Cross Sector
  • (4) Khala Divide
  • (4) Trash Station *NEW*
  • (4) Voyage

Keikaku

A big thanks to Panda for coaching me and Spl1nter for agreeing to be my opponent. I learned a lot and I'm going to hopefully apply it in ladder games.

Thanks guys :)

ultron87

Haunted said:
Those 3/3 Void Rays are obscene. I felt dirty watching them melting armies, bases, everything.

I should've gone Archons instead of Stalkers. Would've (theoretically) rolled those Voids.

IceMarker

I just finished my 'gimmick melee' custom map. 3v3, 2 bases for each player, natural has extra minerals, and the gimmick? A highway crossing horizontally through the map with constant hostile independent forces in between you and your opponents.

Search "Crash Course" or find me online to play.

Lace

MrMister said:
I just finished my 'gimmick melee' custom map. 3v3, 2 bases for each player, natural has extra minerals, and the gimmick? A highway crossing horizontally through the map with constant hostile independent forces in between you and your opponents.

Search "Crash Course" or find me online to play.

--

EDIT: Still online now in SCII and Mumble if you'd like to play! It's a 6 player map so I'll need a few gaffers for this!
EDIT2: I've joined the TL, Looking for Custom Games, and SC2Mapster chat channels as well as always being in NeoGAF AND NOT A SOUL WANTS TO PLAY or at least has said either way.

I am disappoint of the Starcraft II community even if it is 9-ish in the morning.
I'll check it out when I get back to my place. A super death highway seems interesting, although I wonder if a big enough spine wall would effectively make it irrelevant and better just to avoid.

zlatko

Banned
I hadn't really touched SC2 since Marvel 3 came out, but I got some practice in the last few hours for tonight. So rusty. :/ I went straight to 3v3 after playing out a few builds to make sure I had the timings still on point. Practiced the builds in 3v3, and then felt I could reward myself with some zerg play for fun. Managed to get 3v3 to silver league too now. No longer bronze in anything woot! :D

zlatko

Banned
MrMister said:
Will be the death of SCII-GAF. :mad:

:( It's sooooooooooo good. Really though, with so many games in 2011 I'm pretty prepared that I won't be dedicating a lot of time to playing SC2 fiercely to get better, but there's no way in hell I'd give up the SC2 esport scene as a spectator. GSL is just a ton of fun to watch.

I'm watching day9 cast right now out in Germany for some white ra games. :)

V_Arnold

MrMister said:
Will be the death of SCII-GAF. :mad:

I would not count on it.
One week ago, I was ready to embrace MVC3, and it slapped me in the face.
It slapped me in the face so hard, that I am back in the ladder on SCII. :p

zlatko

Banned
Blah Teamliquid forums feels like a maze to navigate sometimes.

I'm watching the day9 stream right now from Germany and they mentioned they were having a contest for some razer items. They said to check out teamliquid to find where you go to enter and have to answer the question of how old is day9.

Does anyone know where I can find that thread?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zlatko said:

I'm watching the day9 stream right now from Germany and they mentioned they were having a contest for some razer items. They said to check out teamliquid to find where you go to enter and have to answer the question of how old is day9.

Does anyone know where I can find that thread?
the contest is 'google day9 on liquipedia to win!'?

Milabrega

zlatko said:

You'll be happy to know I haven't played a single 1v1 since my qualifiers vs (._.) nothing but 2v2's and nexus wars so don't worry about MvC3 rust.

Just to clarify:

You can't play tonight right so our match is tomorrow? Or has that changed?

zlatko

Banned
Milabrega said:
You'll be happy to know I haven't played a single 1v1 since my qualifiers vs (._.) nothing but 2v2's and nexus wars so don't worry about MvC3 rust.

Just to clarify:

You can't play tonight right so our match is tomorrow? Or has that changed?

No that was last week before the brackets got split. So we are on for tonight. My bday was last week on the tourney night so I wasn't in till very late.

Aylinato

so, anyone up for team games before the tourney

team games meaning cheesing the games and changing the meta-game of team games, awwww yeaaaaa

Q8D3vil

V_Arnold said:
I would not count on it.
One week ago, I was ready to embrace MVC3, and it slapped me in the face.
It slapped me in the face so hard, that I am back in the ladder on SCII. :p
i was the same until i start using sentinel today.
choosing a cheap imba character is a must to survive in this game.

Ecto311

Is it just me or does the day9 264 PvT from germany sound like hes daffy duck with the mic? Not sure if it gets him better or worse than his home setup. Maybe he's partaking in the german beverages?

Ashhong

OOOOOH YEA. Just had my proudest 1v1 game. First defended a canon rush. Then a warp prism DT and stalker drop, then a mass chargelot attack, then DT miner harassment throughout, only to come back and CRUSH his army. Feels so good.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Got my stream setup and I think I'll leave it running more, hopefully it can get me to play more and stop me from spending 20 minutes between games.

Oh wow picked the worst day to stream, playing so so bad, going to blame it on the mouse.

Ikuu said:
Got my stream setup and I think I'll leave it running more, hopefully it can get me to play more and stop me from spending 20 minutes between games.

Oh wow picked the worst day to stream, playing so so bad, going to blame it on the mouse.

ghosts'n'stuff <3

haha wtf you totally stole my sc2 playlist :D

zlatko

Banned
V_Arnold said:
Thank GOD it is not in SC2!
Devil: I have an oath. I will never use Sentinel OR Arthur.

NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE----HYPER SENTINEL FORCE. rinse/repeat.

:p

SC2 has nothing to worry about from Mahvel at least no until they get spectators, then it might be a bit more crack like.

SC2 Gaf might get slim later this year with games like Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3, Brink, and the other 800 multiplayer games set to launch. Really though, those games don't have a 10 year plan like SC2 does. :p

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
zlatko said:

SC2 has nothing to worry about from Mahvel at least no until they get spectators, then it might be a bit more crack like.

SC2 Gaf might get slim later this year with games like Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3, Brink, and the other 800 multiplayer games set to launch. Really though, those games don't have a 10 year plan like SC2 does. :p

With Skyrim, DA2, Deus Ex, and BF3 coming out, I don't think I'll be playing SC2 for a while.

(Will still watch GSL and MLG of course :p)

Q8D3vil

question for terrans (if there is any), what kind of hotkeys do you use?
i'm trying 1-3 for unit and the keys after that for production but i'm having problems reaching 7 for starport

zlatko said:

yeah, i don't actually play console beside fighting games.
pc master race all the way.
fucking nvidia need to release their new gpu and their new driver so i can play bulletstorm.

Spl1nter

Q8D3vil said:
question for terrans (if there is any), what kind of hotkeys do you use?
i'm trying 1-3 for unit and the keys after that for production but i'm having problems reaching 7 for starport

all production facilities on one hotkey. Just tab through it to make whatever you want. Other option which works really well:
4: Barracks
5: Factory/Starpot
6: CCs

Q8D3vil

Spl1nter said:
all production facilities on one hotkey. Just tab through it to make whatever you want. Other option which works really well:
4: Barracks
5: Factory/Starpot
6: CCs
i noticed select using the tapping method.
i will try new the tapping thing between factory and starport.

Deadly

So I scout, see a forge only, cannon rush great. I see right away he built outside my base so he needs to get in to get vision. I manage to kill the probe but he sends like 4 more. At this point we're at like 18 so all I have is a zealot. What the hell am I suppose to do?

IceMarker

Terran
1,2,3: Army
4: CCs
5: Barracks
6,7: Factory/Starport
0: Supply Depot 'Doors'

Protoss
4: Nexus
5,6: Robo/Stargate

Zerg
4: Hatcheries

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
MrMister said:
Terran
4: CCs
5: Barracks
6,7: Factory/Starport
0: Supply Depot 'Doors'

Protoss
4: Nexus
5,6: Robo/Stargate

Zerg
4: Hatcheries

never thought to do that before, might incorporate it, thank you

Spl1nter

Deadly said:
So I scout, see a forge only, cannon rush great. I see right away he built outside my base so he needs to get in to get vision. I manage to kill the probe but he sends like 4 more. At this point we're at like 18 so all I have is a zealot. What the hell am I suppose to do?

Place down your own forge and cannon, with a single cannon you can deny him and are quite far ahead.

clav

Got an update just now.

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - Tools Update 2.1.2.2159

General

The StarCraft II launcher and updater have been improved to support future patching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom