• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMarker

Deadman said:
Is there a way for EU people to get the map?
Unfortunately, not at the moment. I'm still trying to find a way to publish Shadow Assault on EU guys trust me, it's just cross-region map hosting is crap right now because of the circumstances. :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
speaking of regions, i've gotta get in touch with fanboi and start organizing that eu vs na gaf invitational. :eek:

we already have the guest tickets we just never got around to setting a date/plan. >_>

Meeru

Banned
Pandaman said:
speaking of regions, i've gotta get in touch with fanboi and start organizing that eu vs na gaf invitational. :eek:

we already have the guest tickets we just never got around to setting a date/plan. >_>
What?eu and na can play each other?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
valenti said:
What?eu and na can play each other?
i got some na guest passes from a gaffer who donated em to the cause. the eu people would have to install the na client, but yes they could play on those passes.

i believe the plan was to have a 5v5 roundrobin. team with the highest score wins.

i figure it shouldnt take more than 7 hours to play 25 games on 2 guest accounts. >_>

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Pandaman said:
i got some na guest passes from a gaffer who donated em to the cause. the eu people would have to install the na client, but yes they could play on those passes.

i believe the plan was to have a 5v5 roundrobin. team with the highest score wins.

i figure it shouldnt take more than 7 hours to play 25 games on 2 guest accounts. >_>

;_; SEA join aswell?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Syth_Blade22 said:
;_; SEA join aswell?
wait, weren't you guys patched in to play na people anyway? :\

i dont mind doing more regions and more teams, its just that it might stretch the two guest passes we have available atm. the only other way would be to have an account exchange program setup, but i dont think we'll get many people willing to hand off their account to a stranger. ill do it if na vs eu runs long, but i'd rather not. :p

IceMarker

2zt8uir.jpg

Shadow Assault 1.5 has been released! This patch builds on 1.4 by balancing the new economy system further and changing a Ghost ability, as well as bug fixes as usual.

Changelog said:

-- Removed the Penetrator Round ability from the Ghost
-- Added the Chrono Rift ability to the Ghost
-- Decreased reward for unlocking a door from 500 to 300 minerals
-- Decreased reward for killing Jackson's Revenge from 500 to 300 minerals
-- Reduced the total amount of units on the field as well as changing and adding some
-- Fixed a few timings of triggers
-- Fixed a trigger error involving a unit dying while activating a lock
Official Starcraft II Forums Thread

Okay, so I have some explaining to do. It seems that whenever I make new patch, I patch said patch within days/hours, reason behind this is because I am just so damn passionate about making Shadow Assault one of the best damn UMS covert co-op missions you'll play in Starcraft II. Now since you all have been supportive, I suppose I'll lay out a bit of plans I have for Shadow Assault and its future. The last small patch I make for SA will be 1.6, there will be no 1.7, 1.8, or 1.9. After 1.6 I'm skipping directly ahead to 2.0, this means after 1.6 I will not patch for at least a week, depending on how fast I work and how long I work. 2.0 will be a huge update and not just a bug fix, ability, or balance patch. I'm going to try and add tiny little cinematic pieces and flesh out the back story a bit more. I've had a back story for SA for a while now, but no one noticed or cared, so I'm hoping down the line people will pay attention. Finally, I don't want to say too much, but Shadow Assault is only the beginning.

P.S. EU players, expect to have the map playable in your region next week.

HolyCheck

Pandaman said:
wait, weren't you guys patched in to play na people anyway? :\

i dont mind doing more regions and more teams, its just that it might stretch the two guest passes we have available atm. the only other way would be to have an account exchange program setup, but i dont think we'll get many people willing to hand off their account to a stranger. ill do it if na vs eu runs long, but i'd rather not. :p

Yeah we are! but i'm just saying we wont really get an invite as NA players lol. really we only have a hand ful of players anyway, so perhaps something smaller another time!

Ultimoo said:
You can only pull off that type of crazy all unit play that Fruitdealer did by playing a very macro heavy game, which played perfectly for him against a person like HopeTorture, who as far as I'm concerned, applied no real pressure to punish Fruitdealer for expanding aggressively. In those finals, Fruitdealer just severely outclassed HopeTorture, which I think is more an indication of skill rather than their race compositions.
That's a great theory, except fruitdealer did it against everyone he played, and hopetorture is in fact a really good player, which you can tell by the fact that he was the final terran standing. Trying to pretend fruit won because hopetorture was bad is pretty silly.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Syth_Blade22 said:
Yeah we are! but i'm just saying we wont really get an invite as NA players lol. really we only have a hand ful of players anyway, so perhaps something smaller another time!
well you guys can form a team and play NA anytime luckily, but vs eu we might need some passes. :p

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
elrechazao said:
cheapest and fastest path to a medivac is 550 minerals, 300 gas, 212 time*

cheapest and fastest path to an overlord capable of dropping is 750 minerals, 400 gas, 360 time*

so yes, there's a case for saying a medivac is "cheaper" than a drop capable overlord. however once you've got those relevant upgrades for an overlord (pneumatized carapace & ventral sacs) ALL of your overlords become drop capable.

as soon as the terran builds more than 2 medivacs, the overlord becomes cheaper overall than a medivac.

*assuming you're not starved for the resources you need for the buildings, upgrades and units

greepoman

elrechazao said:
That's a great theory, except fruitdealer did it against everyone he played, and hopetorture is in fact a really good player, which you can tell by the fact that he was the final terran standing. Trying to pretend fruit won because hopetorture was bad is pretty silly.

Yeah I see people saying, well why didn't hope torture do X ? (banshees/hellion, etc) Well if you watched all of Fruit Dealer's previous matches you'd see that terrans pretty much threw everything you can think of at him and failed (usually quite miserably).

So if you're Hopetorture and you've watched Fruitdealer defend against all these other attacks wouldn't you rather stick with the same style you're used to and comfortable with? (Which by the way got you to the finals in the first place)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
yea people tend to have a bad habit of looking at a game and saying 'oh my hellion/raven build would grape fruitdealer in game 2' without realizing that fruitdealers builds are tailored in response to the specific matchup and if ITR had gone hellion/banshee, fruits build would be different.

you see it on the ladder all the time, some fool X-COPIES a zerg macro build designed to respond to rax, refinery, CC builds and then gets steamrolled by some typical ladder all in mara push.

Pandaman said:
yea people tend to have a bad habit of looking at a game and saying 'oh my hellion/raven build would grape fruitdealer in game 2' without realizing that fruitdealers builds are tailored in response to the specific matchup and if ITR had gone hellion/banshee, fruits build would be different.

you see it on the ladder all the time, some fool X-COPIES a zerg macro build designed to respond to rax, refinery, CC builds and then gets steamrolled by some typical ladder all in mara push.
That's why fruit was so awesome. I mean he effing 6 pooled one of the top players in the world in the semi finals.

Any players from SEA having some troubles getting dropped from a game? I've been having this problem for almost 2 weeks now and I can barely even finish a game against AI because I would randomly drop either 5min or 20+ min into the game. =T

HankToms

Is there a limit on how long of a match you can watch on replay? I played a 1 hour 30 minute game with my friends the other day. Really crazy back and forth, and since we're still not great at the game, there was a lot of moving and having to rebuild our bases. We watched 2 replays trying to see the whole thing, but at around 1 hour and some odd minutes (little under 1h10m) it crashed. The same thing, at just about the same spot and time on a different computer. The game crashed to desktop again. It was either a very strange coincidence, or maybe there is a bug with long games and replay.

Zzoram

Man Yayba is so shitty.

The best foreign BW players never stood a chance against Jaedong/Flash/Kal, but since they all switched to SC2, the guys left are so embarassingly bad at BW.

HolyCheck

Having a look on his gosu gamers profile.. if this thing works.. he pretty much hasn't played sc1 since last WCG lol.

Zzoram

watervengeance said:
That's terrible. No wonder Flash and Jaedong don't take WCG seriously.

WCG the last few years has been embarassing. I don't think anyone has taken a game off a Korean at WCG in years. It's not been since the era of Mondragon that a foreigner has won a game, and that's because the Korean skill level wasn't as high as it is now. Foreign Broodwar skill never advanced past ~2006 era Korea. I think WCG 2007 is the only year that a non-Korean got a medal.

Won

Zzoram said:
What does subscribing to a thread do anyways?

It's easier to keep track of your threads of interest over the subscriptions button on the top. Not every thread stays on page 1.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
/rage.

okay so mcrae comes to help me move out of homelessness and we go to my storage locker. i had called a few days prior and told them i was moving out, i show up and he wont let us in until i pay $45 [which i dont have], he says i hadn't paid first and last at all, just one months rent [and 11 days credit because i moved in late] and couldnt get my stuff out until i paid.

010-09-11 - POS Purchase
THE HOLD SELF STORAGE HAMIL $63.60

thats from my bank statement.

now im no math wiz, but im pretty sure its impossible to get $45 by subtracting 1/3 of $63 and adding $15.

im also fairly certain that half of $63 + 15 is alot closer to $45 and i know i didn't pay for insurance on the contents of the locker because its combined value was stated to be less than $200.

TL;DR i have to take a $50 hit to my startup benefit just to get my stuff back and pay for a full month of rental space i wont be using even though i supposedly had 11 days credit this month [of which we're 3 days in]. AKA: rent by 30 day period rather than calendar month and get screwed slightly less.

Im very sorry Mcrae that i wasted your time today, thank you for your help and your offer to help me move tommorow. you're a saint.

/rage.

now i need to watch some zergs killing stuff.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Zzoram said:
What does subscribing to a thread do anyways?

It's quite useful for 'bookmarking' threads you enjoy, especially with the lack of search now.

edit: just make sure to disable the email notifications :lol

FoxSpirit

If a nice map needs a publisher, msg me. Will upload almost daily :D

sidenote: victory is nice, even if you own. I never feel bad about it :lol

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
Zzoram said:
SeleCT is pretty amazing too. I really like his play.

yeah, he is. He does the simultaneous medidrops so well. Diamaga had 3/4 of the map under his control but SeleCT was still taking out one of his expos every few minutes.

Vaporak

Pandaman said:

That sounds like a pretty awesome GAF tournament. :D Making sure everyone is around at the same times might be pretty hard to organize though.

Zzoram

theluma said:
Probably an obscenely over-asked question: can you see your playtime in any way?

Nope. They should've put a playtime counter in the achievements page but they didn't.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Vaporak said:
That sounds like a pretty awesome GAF tournament. :D Making sure everyone is around at the same times might be pretty hard to organize though.
AFAIK, guest passes work so that they expire after 14 days OR 7 hours playtime, whatever happens first.

so as long as people play their games and immediately log out, we should have 2 weeks to get every game in. so that way only yhe NA people really have to be on around the same time.

ie: day 1:
eu gaffer 1 + eu gaffer 2 vs the 5 na'ers
day 2:
eu gaffer 3 + eu gaffer 4 vs the 5 na'ers
day 3:
last eu gaffer vs the 5 na gaffers.

since the na'ers have their own accounts to use, they're the ones who have to showup every time. >_>

or we could just ironman it out and have every game in one sitting, 2 at a time. :p

iu want to avoid random 'whenever we're both on' times for the games, because the last thing we want is two eu gaffers logging in to the same account accidentally and mucking up a live game.

Playing against the AI just trying to practice my macro. Seems like a huge jump in difficulty between hard and very hard. I keep getting crushed by the VH AI's push at ~7:00 where the hard's early push (and everything else, really) is very easy to handle. I take it that's a legitimate army it pushes with though, right? Does the AI ever cheat, or does it always play straight-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom