• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corran Horn said:
Hmm Jaedong on SC2

That would be epic but cant see anytime soon since BW is still so popular in Korea.

Surprised he's so keen on switching to SC2. Flash would be sad if Jaedong switches to SC2 and there's no one playing against him in BW :(

On another note, can't believe how many people do not know how to play the game even in platinum. One guy made voids on one base the whole game (which took about 30-40 minutes). Halfway through the game he mined out and just had 30 probes sitting in his base. Another guy made mass hydras but had no detection against my teammate's 4 dark templars (which is what I think he made all game). I have no idea how these people got into 3v3 platinum, probably carried :/

Trasher

watervengeance said:
Oh my god. This is the most amazing thing ever.

1v2 Grudge Match on Team Liquid right now.

1 Progamer vs 2 Gold level players for $100.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/userstream.php?user=goatrope

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=157860

This is most hilarious thing ever. Two these noobs are talking so much shit.
The one guy alone is beating him. :lol

Edit: Nm lol. I thought the pro player was the red player for some reason. :lol

FourPool is okay (though still really bad). Neewo is just god awful.

In game 3, Neewo made a Planetary Fortress in his main. :lol

I think every game had like 4-6 workers on Gas as well.

Trasher

watervengeance said:
FourPool is okay (though still really bad). Neewo is just god awful.

In game 3, Neewo made a Planetary Fortress in his main. :lol

I think every game had like 4-6 workers on Gas as well.
There's no way they were even gold. My lord. :lol

Narag

"We cannot from our position tell if wizardmagick was used."
"I feel sorcery is cheating." This is just amazing to listen to.

Zzoram

FourPool seemed like a Platinum player. The other guy seemed Silver and definitely drags down their 2v2 team.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
This angers me.

Even I know a god damn build order and can pull it off. yet i'm still in bronze too :(

I see these players, I see myself and I KNOW what is being done wrong.. I just don't have the ability to do it because my mind goes all wibbly wobbly and DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH when I'm playing :(

Trasher said:
How did this whole challenge happen?

Topic explains all. Something about 2 twats with massive EPEENS found out someone in their class was a real good player and started flipping that 2v2 requires more skill than 1v1. IE they believed 2v2 gold -> 1v1 High Diamond. Thus this showmatch was born.

Zzoram

watervengeance said:
Definitely not. At most Silver for FourPool. Neevo is without a doubt Bronze Copper.

Platinum players are pretty bad man.

FourPool was significantly better than Neevo. He had more solid build orders and pretty good macro, he just had bad micro.

Trasher

spoon! said:
You've quoted the post that links to the explainatory thread above :lol
Jeeze, my bad. I thought it was two links to two separate streams or something. Sorry about that watervengeance.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
vicissitudes said:
Surprised he's so keen on switching to SC2. Flash would be sad if Jaedong switches to SC2 and there's no one playing against him in BW :(

On another note, can't believe how many people do not know how to play the game even in platinum. One guy made voids on one base the whole game (which took about 30-40 minutes). Halfway through the game he mined out and just had 30 probes sitting in his base. Another guy made mass hydras but had no detection against my teammate's 4 dark templars (which is what I think he made all game). I have no idea how these people got into 3v3 platinum, probably carried :/

That's your answer. Anything outside of 1v1 makes it very hard to judge a player's skill.

Also, wtf matchmaking. I won two games, lost one, all against mid-high diamond, then got matched against a gold player. Poor guy :(

spoon!

Trasher said:
Jeeze, my bad. I thought it was two links to two separate streams or something. Sorry about that.
haha, no need to apologize. The links weren't labelled or anything. I just thought it was kinda humorous :p

LakeEarth

Syth_Blade22 said:
This angers me.

Even I know a god damn build order and can pull it off. yet i'm still in bronze too :(

I see these players, I see myself and I KNOW what is being done wrong.. I just don't have the ability to do it because my mind goes all wibbly wobbly and DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH when I'm playing :(
As a newbie too, and in the silver levels I have had great success with focusing 99% on macro (1% on scouting and figuring out what they're doing). As long as you never supply block yourself, know exactly how many buildings you can support with your economy, and build more units the second you can in every building you have, when the big battle happens you will have more shit then him and just steamrolled whatever he made (in lower levels).

With scouting, make sure you have a probe hanging outside his ramp so you'll know when he leaves his base. Also, bring a probe up the ramp and see exactly what kills you and that should let you know what he's doing (ie. if a protoss walls his base off and kills your probe with cannons only, expect void rays). You just got a shit ton of information and all you had to do is take 5 seconds to send the probe up the ramp.

Zzoram said:
Platinum players are pretty bad man.

FourPool was significantly better than Neevo. He had more solid build orders and pretty good macro, he just had bad micro.

I happen to be Platinum. =P

Of the three games that I saw from FourPool, his macro really wasn't that good. 6 workers on gas in game 2 + tons of money in reserve. I think at one point, he tried to expand 3 times at once, because he had that much money in reserve.

The only credit I can give him is that he knows how to drop and has some idea of how to execute an opening build order.

Either way, he still sucks, especially for someone that talks so much shit.

IceMarker

2zt8uir.jpg

Shadow Assault 1.6 has been released! As detailed in the last patch post, this is the last minor update!

Changelog said:

-- Increased Lock and Miniboss rewards back up to 500 minerals
-- Increased cost of Endurance Training and Psyche Conditioning from 1000 to 1500 minerals
-- Increased cost of Hyper Magazine from 1500 to 2500 minerals
-- Increased cost of Nukes from 500 to 1000 minerals
-- Decreased the cooldown time for Chrono Rift from 120 to 60 seconds
-- Removed several mineral pallets from the field and moving some others
-- Fixed Dominion Squad AI not attacking properly
Official Starcraft II Forums Thread

Well guys, this is it... the last quick made-in-a-day patch. I'm going to be working on the next patch, which is gonna be the biggest one yet, over the next week or so. Even if I get done a little early, I'm gonna hold off on releasing it until at least next Monday, I'm making sure 2.0 will be a huge update. For now, I gotta say that 1.6 is the absolute definitive version of SA. Basically you're not gonna see a patch post about Shadow Assault for a while. Hope you guys have enjoyed my work over the past couple weeks and I hope you continue to play it now and then, I really want this thing to hit page 1! :D

P.S. EU players will be getting SA 1.6 this week after all.

J-Rzez

So what are you guys experience with 4v4's? I tried doing them and had a lot more fun than 1v1/2v2. Just one thing I have a massive complaint with, people farming portraits/etc. I like to jump into these with 1 or 2 friends, and rest assured, you're going to have one of your party members or more drop. They're apparently using bots even to do this for them all night. It's sad what people will do, go through to cheat. And there is a TON of people doing this. Guess I'll have to get a full 4's team together, just hard to get 3 of my friends on this game together at the same time. :(

Otherwise, it's fun. Loved the SP outside of a few missions, especially the last unfortunately, and loved the "in between mission chatter".

mcrae

J-Rzez said:
So what are you guys experience with 4v4's? I tried doing them and had a lot more fun than 1v1/2v2. Just one thing I have a massive complaint with, people farming portraits/etc. I like to jump into these with 1 or 2 friends, and rest assured, you're going to have one of your party members or more drop. They're apparently using bots even to do this for them all night. It's sad what people will do, go through to cheat. And there is a TON of people doing this. Guess I'll have to get a full 4's team together, just hard to get 3 of my friends on this game together at the same time. :(

Otherwise, it's fun. Loved the SP outside of a few missions, especially the last unfortunately, and loved the "in between mission chatter".

consider the dropped person as a free expansion. saturate his base and jsut use the income to pump out a bigger army for yourself.

on the downside you have less people so less overall micro happening on your team, but on the upside you have less people so you have more chance at cohesion when needing to attack at the same time.

personally i really like 4v4 and 3v3 cause if my team loses its not me personally getting beaten, and for some reason that is less stressful

keuja said:

Thanks, pretty entertaining. It's insane how much advantage you get going 2v1 and
amazingly chease wins 3-1. If they just both 6 pooled they would have won. 4pool was solid but neewo was just bad.

J-Rzez said:

I play 4v4s for fun, never take them seriously. It's sad about every other game one person will drop at the start. But it's definitely more casual, noobie-style play. You'll often see cannon rushes or just mass stalkers/marines/voids/hydras/mutas and nothing else. Oh, and someone always does nothing but build cannons in his own base and sits there the whole game. It's fun for trying out mass ravens or other silly builds.

jersoc

Syth_Blade22 said:
This angers me.

dude, this is my problem too. please tell me if you fix it :|

I think the only way this will change is with experience though.

webrunner

Yaweee said:
I'm so horrible in PvZ. It's like the inverse of my ridiculous PvP ratio.

It's funny. I played Starcraft 1, I follow SC a lot, but every time i see "PvZ" think "Plants Versus Zombies" which really isn't the same thing at all.

Interfectum

webrunner said:
It's funny. I played Starcraft 1, I follow SC a lot, but every time i see "PvZ" think "Plants Versus Zombies" which really isn't the same thing at all.

i thought the exact same thing... :lol

Yaweee

Pandaman said:
we should get together and practice sometime.

That would be helpful. I'm really cutting down on playing 1v1 on the weekdays, I think; it is too time (and mentally) consuming with everything else I have going on. But just PM me if you see me online.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
so i just watched the grudge match.

that's gotta be confirmed as fake right? one of the players was worse than me... that's saying a lot. you have to actually be TRYING to play badly to be that awful.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Scrow said:
so i just watched the grudge match.

that's gotta be confirmed as fake right? one of the players was worse than me... that's saying a lot. you have to actually be TRYING to play badly to be that awful.

and he's gold league.

this world is unfair.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
yWxDO.jpg

brotoss are so Lemony these days.

also woo, practice with yawee! finally a toss that doesn't 2gate phoenix into... 4gate no upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom