• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

f0rk

Mairu said:
I'm going to guess that all the issues they had with Octoshape is an explanation as to why the non paid stream (I refuse to call it HD, because it isn't!) is such bad quality.

But man, this quality is awful. The player cam looks like a PSX model or something :lol

The paid stream isn't working, it's just showing the free stream.
That's obviously terrible, but this isn't really good enough for a free stream either imo

Haunted

Telling me that I'll be getting Tekken 6 and Halo 3 with the HD pass just feels like they're trying to threaten me?

close to the edge said:
I think it's a pity that one of better Zergs is going to be out so early.
machine's still in this. Got a lot of games before him in the loser's bracket, though.

Technosteve said:
anyone got a HQ stream it looks like i'm watching a Real Media stream
*shudders* oh god, I'm getting terrible flashbacks. Friends don't let friends use Real Player.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Technosteve said:
it wants me to upgrade to HD but octoshits makes me upload video ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
I believe HD feed is fucked up atm too. Last I heard it was same as SD

Did I see a chick playing sc2!!! eh maybe a official. Need a new tossgirl.

Yep, actual girl player!

I love how the announcers have no idea who is in what bracket or winner or loser. It might be good for them to, you know, have some brackets.

Corran Horn

close to the edge said:
Crap, I missed that. When did he do this? What did he say?

GASP! A girl playing Starcraft 2 in a tournament!

Why is there such a long break?
Basically just mentioning a few sites talking about the tourny and gaf was one of them.

Snow

Haunted said:
Probably just went up against a 1.1.2 Roach army!

Is that a joke? :lol I mean, seriously.

The balls to call this "HD", oh my.
Now compare to a screenshot of a 360p youtube vid at fullscreen. Don't know what the bitrates of the streams are, but settings on the encoder of MLG are really messed up.

Corran Horn

tacotime77 said:
It's supposed to be 1.6 mb and crystal clear. Day9 is casting though, so I can deal with the poor quality.

Poor toss lost =/
Thats generally how I lose to zerg :lol

Im like I need to attack so zerg cant macro up...but if I attack then I lose my base to Mutas! Damnit!

Haunted

tacotime77 said:
It's supposed to be 1.6 mb and crystal clear. Day9 is casting though, so I can deal with the poor quality.

Poor toss lost =/
Just got outmacroed and outmicroed.

Protoss player had one great move where he drove the Lings up the left hand side into his own base with Zealots right into the arms of his Stalkers & Sentries positioned on the right.

But yeah, outmacroed, that Zergling army was completely rebuilt like a minute later.

The Protoss is basically getting outplayed in every aspect. Weird build now as well, that's not really that great to watch. Want some closer games. :| He's probably really nervous too.

Corran Horn

close to the edge said:
The Protoss is basically getting outplayed in every aspect. Weird build now as well, that's not really that great to watch. Want some closer games. :| He's probably really nervous too.
Ya these first matches generally wont be that great to watch since its top level player against lower level players. This upcoming round should be better.

Slasher

Hey guys, sorry for not giving updates, been running around trying to find out info and also get something to eat. Bunch of things:

All the streams are up and running, and any login problems with the HD stream should be fixed. If you're still experiencing issues with the streams, try clearing the cache on your browser and refresh the page. The free stream quality is not worse than it was in Raleigh, so any differences there are your own imagination.

If you'd like to open the stream in VLC (with fullscreen), try this: use CMD.exe and navigate to C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Octoshape\Octoshape Streaming Services and then type "OctoshapeClient.exe -url:mlg.600c" followed by enter.Edit: or just open http://127.0.0.1:6498/ms2/1282943058368/0MediaPlayer+0+/octoshape+h+mlg.600c/MLG600c as a network stream

Brackets are a bit behind in being updated, but should be up to speed soon. The shoutouts to the sites (Reddit, NeoGAF, SomethingAwful, TeamLiquid, etc) are from me as you guys are awesome and support this stuff. I'll give away a promo HD code to a user on each site. Ask Day9 and JP a question regarding whatever you want (within reason), and I'll enter you in the drawing and also have your question answered.

IdrA vs LastShadow is going to be up on the stream next with Day9 and djWHEAT casting.

Yeah, it's actually the exact same pool of commercials from Raleigh. God I got so sick of those sasquatch beef jerky commercials back in august...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom