• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporak

elrechazao said:
I hate that they call that cheese, as if it's a 6 pool or something. It's good strategy - hide your shit from the opponent so you can surprise him. It works if they don't scout.

The definition of Cheese is a strategy that works based on the opponent not scouting it but is really bad if the opponent knows about it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
elrechazao said:
I hate that they call that cheese, as if it's a 6 pool or something. It's good strategy - hide your shit from the opponent so you can surprise him. It works if they don't scout.
Hiding shit is fine, but doing it across the map where you can't defend 2 key production buildings is putting a lot on the line if the attack fails.
As you saw IdrA hold that off the Terran would have been able to keep playing past his all-in push (The stim and mards made it all-in) if he had kept the buildings in his base.

6 pool is all in cheese.
Those hidden rax were just cheese (e.g. you win if they don't scout). The fact he commited stim and marauder timing push befoer mutas made it all-in.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=123613
Cheese

A strategy that relies overwhelmingly or entirely on secrecy. If scouted, the strategy fails and puts the executing player at a severe disadvantage, or right out costs him the game.

All-In

An aggressive strategy aimed at killing the opponent off completely in one attack. All available resources are put into this one attack and no follow-up is being considered. Should the attack fail and the opponent live through it, the game is almost certainly lost to a counter or to superior enemy tech/economy.

Cheese – must not be scouted.
All-in – does not have a follow up.

elrechazao said:

Totally agreed here. I mean, basically if people don't meet in the middle with 1-A and duke it with Queensberry rules it's considered cheesy shit. I'm actually kind of surprised hearing that coming from Day9 of all people, too.

watervengeance said:
God, another debate about cheese?

Sorry, I didn't realize that their definition of cheese just meant it relies on secrecy. I was basing my interpretation off the old-school "cheap" moves in games. Heh.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
IdravIncontrol.jpg

:lol

Nah, djWheat and Chill are another casting duo, not from glhf like GunRun I don't think.

EDIT: Corran, lol. He looks like he would eat Idra for breakfast, Hulking out on nerds.

clav

Incontrol shows it how it's done to defeat Mutaling using gateway units.

machine should have switched to roaches + hydra + infestor.

Oh man, awesome game from InControl there. That early hold on the mutas plus the ambush on their retreat was great, immediately followed by hunting them down with blink. Took out like 7 muta's right off the first batch and then kept the pressure up for the rest of the game, complete map control and teching faster than his opponent. Great play.

EDIT: Love to see HuK playing, do us proud in the Great White North!

Aw, and we're losing djWheat to JP. Too bad, I like Wheat better.

Haunted

Upcoming games:

HuK vs. Gretorp

Drewbie vs. Slush

Tyler vs. SelecT

White-Ra vs. Kiwikaki

Huk vs Gretorp will be casted.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
http://www.mlgpro.com/content/page/315565/SC2-HD-Stream-Quality-Increased-to-2-2-mb

MLG has been monitoring feedback from the community around the Starcraft 2 live stream and has taken action to address your complaints about the stream quality. We have increased the quality of the SC2 HD stream to 2.2 mb in order to offer you a better viewing experience.

The increase has already been implemented, and HD users should be seeing the quality increase immediately. We apologize for the prior issues and hope that our efforts to address your concerns will serve as evidence of our ongoing dedication to offering you the best possible coverage of our tournaments.

Please note that in order to properly view the 2.2 mb HD stream, you need to be able to support up to a 2.5 mb stream due to the spikes inherent in any live stream.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will continue to offer your feedback throughout the weekend and know that we truly value your opinions.

Nice, glad they are listening ^^

Man, Slasher repping us big time to JP! More shoutouts for GAF! (and all those other sites, but who cares about them...)

EDIT: Nice, HuK/Gretorp followed by Kiwi/WhiteRa. Go my fellow Canadians!

Slasher

Due to the amount of complaints regarding the HD stream, MLG has upped the quality from 1.6 mb to 2.2 mb. You need to be able to support at least a 2.5mb stream for this to work properly. The people here at MLG know about the complaints to both the HD and SD stream and are doing what they can to get things moving. http://www.mlgpro.com/content/page/315565/SC2-HD-Stream-Quality-Increased-to-2-2-mb

HuK vs Gretorp is live now, with White-Ra vs Kiwikaki up next as the final match of the day. I will be giving away those HD codes to a few lucky people soon.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
man! what time is it over there? It's 1:30pm here in Australia so this time is perfect.. I assume its late friday for you guys.

I slept in tho and missed the first few hours :( kinda bummed.

<3 gaf shout outs, you rock slasher

Syth_Blade22 said:
man! what time is it over there? It's 1:30pm here in Australia so this time is perfect.. I assume its late friday for you guys.

I slept in tho and missed the first few hours :( kinda bummed.

<3 gaf shout outs, you rock slasher
yeah gsl is on at pretty much the perfect time for us at 7pm starts, too bad i work 4 days a week starting at 7 :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom