• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporak

Slasher said:
Hey guys, sorry for not giving updates, been running around trying to find out info and also get something to eat. Bunch of things:

All the streams are up and running, and any login problems with the HD stream should be fixed. If you're still experiencing issues with the streams, try clearing the cache on your browser and refresh the page. The free stream quality is not worse than it was in Raleigh, so any differences there are your own imagination.

Brackets are a bit behind in being updated, but should be up to speed soon. The shoutouts to the sites (Reddit, NeoGAF, SomethingAwful, TeamLiquid, etc) are from me as you guys are awesome and support this stuff. I'll give away a promo HD code to a user on each site. Ask Day9 and JP a question regarding whatever you want (within reason), and I'll enter you in the drawing and also have your question answered.

IdrA vs LastShadow is going to be up on the stream next with Day9 and djWHEAT casting.

Thanks for the updates, but the MLG stream page still crashes every browser I try and open it with. :(

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Slasher said:
Hey guys, sorry for not giving updates, been running around trying to find out info and also get something to eat. Bunch of things:

All the streams are up and running, and any login problems with the HD stream should be fixed. If you're still experiencing issues with the streams, try clearing the cache on your browser and refresh the page. The free stream quality is not worse than it was in Raleigh, so any differences there are your own imagination.

Brackets are a bit behind in being updated, but should be up to speed soon. The shoutouts to the sites (Reddit, NeoGAF, SomethingAwful, TeamLiquid, etc) are from me as you guys are awesome and support this stuff. I'll give away a promo HD code to a user on each site. Ask Day9 and JP a question regarding whatever you want (within reason), and I'll enter you in the drawing and also have your question answered.

IdrA vs LastShadow is going to be up on the stream next with Day9 and djWHEAT casting.
Nice. GJ

tacotime77

Neo Member
Slasher said:

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar :D

Accidentus

Neo Member
Slasher said:
fuck-yea-template.gif

Slasher said:

If you'd like to open the stream in VLC (with fullscreen), try this: use CMD.exe and navigate to C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Octoshape\Octoshape Streaming Services and then type "OctoshapeClient.exe -url:mlg.600c" followed by enter.Edit: or just open http://127.0.0.1:6498/ms2/1282943058368/0MediaPlayer+0+/octoshape+h+mlg.600c/MLG600c as a network stream

djWheat, maybe? Welcome to GAF.

Hahaha, I remember that about ajtls. Seeing him throw half his worker force into his first attack for these crazy all-ins, it was wild.

EDIT: Holy christ, Idra is like 5'6 and looks like he weighs about 120 pounds. He's tiny...

Slasher said:

If you'd like to open the stream in VLC (with fullscreen), try this: use CMD.exe and navigate to C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Octoshape\Octoshape Streaming Services and then type "OctoshapeClient.exe -url:mlg.600c" followed by enter.Edit: or just open http://127.0.0.1:6498/ms2/1282943058368/0MediaPlayer+0+/octoshape+h+mlg.600c/MLG600c as a network stream

Nice. That's gonna be a fun game.

Interview time..

They can change races during the tournament? That's pretty non-standard, isn't it?

EDIT: Liquidtyler is Nony.
TheThunder said:
Idra is gonna walk all over him.

Although I'm still cheering for Kiwikaki to win the whole thing.
This right here. Gotta love me my fellow Canadian Brotoss', HuK and Kiwi are my choices for every tourney they play in.

EDIT 2: Wow, my stream is like 2+ minutes behind. Gotta avoid the thread until after the game.

Corran Horn

tacotime77 said:
Ah. I didn't know Nony changed his name.
He has used the ID Liquidtyler for awhile now but everyone still just calls him Nony from his BW days, but I believe he wants people to call him Tyler.

Snow

Slasher said:
The free stream quality is not worse than it was in Raleigh, so any differences there are your own imagination.
First of all, thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm willing to believe it's the same quality in terms of bitrate, but the encoder setting on the computer that's casting the game seems worse. This youtube vid seems close to how I remember the Raleigh free stream looking, and it looks better. Like others said, there is even a decent difference between quality of the on camera stuff and in-game footage, so it seems like there is something going on with the in-game casting setup.

Jesus, that 5 banshee push was way too late. Should have gone in with 3 and cloak instead, those hellions delayed that spire a good length of time and he could have beat those 4 muta's out. Losing 5 banshees to 4 mutas and a queen just hurts. Great play by Idra.

Also, I like this djWheat. Good co-caster, like him more than JP.

EDIT: Close positions, let's see a Thor drop!

EDIT 2: Armory/Starport/tech lab on barracks. Called it. See if the timing is good enough.

Haunted

Slasher said:

Good man! It's appreciated. :)

ajtls psyched that he won, he jumped out of his seat and pumped his fists. Nicely played by Last Shadow, his timing was perfect on that build.

Corran Horn

TheThunder said:
When I put that url in vlc in plays the stream for 5 seconds then it stops.

Is the quality that much better than mlg.com ?
vlc works for me just fine. Pretty much same quality as stream though. Feels a bit better but maybe that is just me.

Idras got this

I hate that they call that cheese, as if it's a 6 pool or something. It's good strategy - hide your shit from the opponent so you can surprise him. It works if they don't scout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom